Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

11 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Maybe you’re wrong about the level of the league and the potential of the player if a number of PL clubs and foreign CL level clubs were vying for his signature at a significant fee..? Time will tell how well he does, we seemingly needed rid due to psr and we’ve sold at a good fee/profit, but let’s not pretend we’d not be stoked if instead of selling a 33m rated 19 year old right wing wonderkid that the likes of Brighton and Dortmund were after, we’d be buying one.

Mebbes so but there's plenty pretending he is the new messi despite probably never seeing him play. Wasn't that long ago the feyenoord fans weren't that impressed with him. Don't have to look too far into this thread to see that

13 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

Maybe you’re wrong about the level of the league and the potential of the player if a number of PL clubs and foreign CL level clubs were vying for his signature at a significant fee..? Time will tell how well he does, we seemingly needed rid due to psr and we’ve sold at a good fee/profit, but let’s not pretend we’d not be stoked if instead of selling a 33m rated 19 year old right wing wonderkid that the likes of Brighton and Dortmund were after, we’d be buying one.

I mean, sure, its all about mindset, but the way people are going on, are like he's the next best thing in World football when the jury is very much out. He could be, but he could also turn out to be the opposite, this fee is ridiculous for one half decent season in a non-top 5 league, and is really good business from the club imo.

Also, didn't mean to insult your league :rose: 

Just now, 54 said:

I mean, sure, its all about mindset, but the way people are going on, are like he's the next best thing in World football when the jury is very much out. He could be, but he could also turn out to be the opposite, this fee is ridiculous for one half decent season in a non-top 5 league, and is really good business from the club imo.

Really not interested in reigniting this argument - but objectively hilarious multiple people have referred to his goal comp per 90 min season, as a 19 year, as a "half decent season".

All that said happy we've covered for PSR... Have a feeling we're going to spend big this summer and we'll be happy when its all said and done.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

Really not interested in reigniting this argument - but objectively hilarious multiple people have referred to his goal comp per 90 min season, as a 19 year, as a "half decent season".

All that said happy we've covered for PSR... Have a feeling we're going to spend big this summer and we'll be happy when its all said and done.

I bloody hope so. A RW and CF are the 2 signings I would like to see.

1 minute ago, Upthemags said:

10 Goals in 27 games (Admittedly only 17 starts) in the Eredivisie is half decent. Bare in mind a 33 year old Luuk de Jong scored 29 goals in 34 matches last season in the same division. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

10 Goals in 27 games (Admittedly only 17 starts) in the Eredivisie is half decent. Bare in mind a 33 year old Luuk de Jong scored 29 goals in 34 matches last season in the same division. 

Yea and Chris Wood had 14 this year - Minteh subbed regularly which is why per 90 is the more telling figure imo

Not saying he's the next Mane, or that he won't end up being a dud, but we shouldn't pretend the numbers are not extremely impressive.

22 minutes ago, jack j said:

Mebbes so but there's plenty pretending he is the new messi despite probably never seeing him play. Wasn't that long ago the feyenoord fans weren't that impressed with him. Don't have to look too far into this thread to see that

Nobody is pretending Minteh is the new Messi, literally no one…

20 minutes ago, 54 said:

Same for you. No idea where you guys are reading Minteh is the “next best thing in World football”…

Just now, STM said:

No just Mane. :lol:

Nope, not Mane either. Just that he seems a very talented lad who could well become one of the best in his position over the next few years. I don’t think that’s an outrageous statement considering the clubs after him and the fee he’s commanded…?

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

Nope, not Mane either. Just that he seems a very talented lad who could well become one of the best in his position over the next few years. I don’t think that’s an outrageous statement considering the clubs after him and the fee he’s commanded…?

Become one of the best in his position is quite a leap in itself. 

Just now, Unbelievable said:

Literally someone compared him to Mane the other day.

He's a highly rated youngster, that's fine. That's all he is. He's proven nothing other than to be decent in Holland. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Become one of the best in his position is quite a leap in itself. 

It's ridiculous. 

Again, i can't say for certain he won't be a great player but there's waaaaaaay more who fail to achieve such standard.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Literally someone compared him to Mane the other day.

He's a highly rated youngster, that's fine. That's all he is. He's proven nothing other than to be decent in Holland. 

He is Mane-like, so any comparison to him is not that odd. Show me who said he’d 100% certainly become the next Messi/Mane or stop being an arse disrespecting people for feeling uneasy about having to sell an obviously talented youngster who plays in a position where we obviously need a talent boost

Edited by Unbelievable

12 minutes ago, STM said:

It's ridiculous. 

Again, i can't say for certain he won't be a great player but there's waaaaaaay more who fail to achieve such standard.

How about you have a small read of the Miley thread and see if there are any references to him having the potential to be a top class player? I reckon you won’t have to search too much. It means nothing in itself to say a talented youngster maybecome very good, what is so upsetting about it..?

Edited by Unbelievable

Just now, Unbelievable said:

He is Mane like, so any comparison to him is not that odd. Show me who said he’d 100% certainly become the next Messi/Mane or stop being an arse disrespecting people for feeling uneasy about having to sell an obviously talented youngster who plays in a position where we obviously need a talent boost

He's black? 

Go and find the post yourself, someone literally said he's going to be as good as Mane.

Talking about disrespectful, how about you (and others) stop pretending selling Minteh is a big deal? We are selling a good young player for financial reasons, like every other big club in the world.

Do we need a RW? Yes. Do we need an unproven RW? No. Do we need money? YES.

1 minute ago, Unbelievable said:

How about you have a small read of the Miley thread and see if there are any references to him having the potential to be a top class player? I reckon you won’t have to search too much. It means nothing in itself to say a talented youngster may[/i{ become very good, what is so upsetting about it..?

Miley does have the potential to be a top class player, so does Minteh, what's your point?

I'm not the one crying. :lol:

1 minute ago, STM said:

He's black? 

Go and find the post yourself, someone literally said he's going to be as good as Mane.

Talking about disrespectful, how about you (and others) stop pretending selling Minteh is a big deal? We are selling a good young player for financial reasons, like every other big club in the world.

Do we need a RW? Yes. Do we need an unproven RW? No. Do we need money? YES.

WTF :facepalm:

Edited by Unbelievable

1 minute ago, Menace said:

Going to be fun when he has a blinding game and this gets bumped every week

Rights. "Shouldn't have sold him, should have taken a points deduction, waaah".

Players come and go, some need to grow up and get over it. 

One guy saying he will be the new Mane doesn’t exactly mean that’s the general expectation/viewpoint. He has massive potential! I think he will start slowly but towards the end of the season I reckon he will be pretty damn good. I i get why we have sold him but I also understand why people don’t like it. That’s it. 

Edited by Ikon