Yankuba Minteh (now playing for Brighton & Hove Albion)

14 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

When the other options were selling a purple or the club itself taking a punishment, don't you have to be pretty dim to not be content with selling Minteh?

The other option was to run the club properly so we didn't get ourselves into that predicament. Its done now but a bit galling to not get a replacement.

9 minutes ago, OverThere said:

The other option was to run the club properly so we didn't get ourselves into that predicament. Its done now but a bit galling to not get a 

Yeh just don't think the rule makers would've accepted "oh don't worry fellas we will run it better from this point on." It was already done, you do what you can to rectify the situation, learn from it and move on, not dwell over what Yankuba Minteh may have been.

All options sucked, one far less than the others.

3 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

As if people saying the club should have been ran 'properly'  would have been okay with the results of that on the pitch.

?? I'm assuming someone screwed up as I'm sure it wasn't planned to have a fire sale on our hands.

Sometimes people should think about what is “long term” and what is “short term” for the club, and what is risk management, and also what the club should do before making such a controversial decision.

Great piece of business? Sounds like we should glad that we are forced to have a fire sale at June?

And even Anderson has firmly established himself as a regular starting eleven in Forest. We sold for what? 10m? Ouch.

Jesus.

2 hours ago, Zero said:

Sometimes people should think about what is “long term” and what is “short term” for the club, and what is risk management, and also what the club should do before making such a controversial decision.

Great piece of business? Sounds like we should glad that we are forced to have a fire sale at June?

And even Anderson has firmly established himself as a regular starting eleven in Forest. We sold for what? 10m? Ouch.

Jesus.

Not by PSR though we sold him for over £30m and that's the essential part as well as the fee we received for Minteh. By all accounts, the player who was going, if the deals for the two players were not agreed (even one of them), was Gordon. He is both short term and long term for the club; and as it currently stood was far more important than the two players sold. I'm of the opinion that the club thought Bruno's transfer sale figure would be triggered and that he would be the player leaving. When it wasn't the fire sale then started.

The question to be asked is when are our revenue levels going to be increased; and when we are going to hear about stadium/training ground/commercial deals as this is very much the key factor in how the club will progress. This is the key element of the process. 

Edited by et tu brute

1 minute ago, et tu brute said:

Not by PSR though we sold him for over £30m and that's the essential part as well as the fee we received for Minteh. By all accounts, the player who was going, if the deals for the two players were going, was Gordon. He is both short term and long term for the club; and as it currently stood was far more important than the two players sold. I'm of the opinion that the club thought Bruno's transfer sale figure would be triggered and that he would be the player leaving. When it wasn't the fire sale then started.

The question to be asked is when are our revenue levels going to be increased; and when we are going to hear about stadium/training ground/commercial deals as this is very much the key factor in how the club will progress. This is the key element of the process. 

100%

That's why it expired a week before the transfer window closed - if nobody triggered it, it gave us a week to plug the PSR gap.

34 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

100%

That's why it expired a week before the transfer window closed - if nobody triggered it, it gave us a week to plug the PSR gap.

The problem I find it interesting, amazing, or even amusing, is that many people didn’t realize this is a fucking gamble the club should never take. It is essentially spending in advance. 

The club should not assume that Bruno’s clause will be triggered and use that as the “hope” to fulfill the PSR gap. This is 100% mismanagement. We shouldn’t spend that much last summer, or we should sell Joelinton instead of giving an extension. Whatever. And, if Bruno stays, great. If he left, we should use that 100m and our scouting database to get our next Bruno. 

It’s like people applauding someone for putting out the fire at the last minute, ignoring the fact that it’s that guy who set up the fire at the first place. How can you give credit to the club/management and say the fire sales is great piece of business?

1 minute ago, David Edgar said:

We'd have more points with him available off the bench, I reckon. 

Imagine him running at the Everton heffers in the final ten minutes.

If we hadn't sold him he'd probably have been playing centre forward instead of Liverpool's Anthony Gordon, tho

45 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

Not by PSR though we sold him for over £30m and that's the essential part as well as the fee we received for Minteh. By all accounts, the player who was going, if the deals for the two players were not agreed (even one of them), was Gordon. He is both short term and long term for the club; and as it currently stood was far more important than the two players sold. I'm of the opinion that the club thought Bruno's transfer sale figure would be triggered and that he would be the player leaving. When it wasn't the fire sale then started.

Currently I don’t have high hopes on the revenue side because obviously the club is waiting for the Man City case

Gordon should never be considered as an option, and that shows how desperate we were at end of June. To be honest I don’t understand why the club made that enquiry - if Gordon is the only last option, I would take the 6 points penalty.

I know many won’t agree but I would take that penalty over Minteh as well. By having a better RW, not only we could have 6 points more, we could also retain an asset that we could sell in the future. I understand as a fans we all want to have immediately success and, we should have the best squad available right now by all means. Taking Joelinton and Barnes over Anderson and Minteh looks justified. The problem is, what about next season? What if we are unable to finish Top 6? 

Do we still have enough PSR capacity to improve or revamp the squad? or we can only rely on deteriorating players as we are still suffering from amortizing loss? Other than Gordon, Bruno or Miley, who else can we sell at that time? Is the sales proceeds enough for raising PSR capacity or it’s just enough for meeting the requirement or that would be the league points penalty again?

There are fucking lot of PSR questions hanging above the clubs head. What I see is people didn’t realize how disastrous our future would be (long term), and keep on asking the club to pull the trigger now (short term). I don’t know it’s experience or lack of patience or what. We won’t be Leeds because we have the richest owner in the world, but under PSR we could be facing 4-5 years of rebuilding process, starting from the bottom half of the table again. I don’t know what PIFs plan is but I guarantee this is not within their original plan. Whether this is fine to you I don’t know. Not to me.

9 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

If we hadn't sold him he'd probably have been playing centre forward instead of Liverpool's Anthony Gordon, tho

Or we would definitely have less points due to a deduction of multiple points for breaching PSR.. Great to see that this discussion is still going I must say

21 minutes ago, Zero said:

The problem I find it interesting, amazing, or even amusing, is that many people didn’t realize this is a fucking gamble the club should never take. It is essentially spending in advance. 

The club should not assume that Bruno’s clause will be triggered and use that as the “hope” to fulfill the PSR gap. This is 100% mismanagement. We shouldn’t spend that much last summer, or we should sell Joelinton instead of giving an extension. Whatever. And, if Bruno stays, great. If he left, we should use that 100m and our scouting database to get our next Bruno. 

It’s like people applauding someone for putting out the fire at the last minute, ignoring the fact that it’s that guy who set up the fire at the first place. How can you give credit to the club/management and say the fire sales is great piece of business?

Hang on, you're getting irate over a fabricated scenario here. There is little to suggest the club were simply waiting for Bruno's clause to be activated. All soundbites from within the club were around Bruno staying iirc. I know they had no control over it but I think it's incredibly far-fetched to believe that the club chanced their arm like that.

PSR is clearly not an easy thing to navigate, hence the points deductions elsewhere and several clubs seemingly running very close to the wire. I reckon it's nowhere near as black and white as you are making it out to be, however I don't think people like us will ever truly understand the inner workings of any PL clubs finances, so there's little point debating it, we've just got to trust the people in charge (I'd wager they're far more qualified than most of us will ever be anyway)

7 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Hang on, you're getting irate over a fabricated scenario here. There is little to suggest the club were simply waiting for Bruno's clause to be activated. All soundbites from within the club were around Bruno staying iirc. I know they had no control over it but I think it's incredibly far-fetched to believe that the club chanced their arm like that.

PSR is clearly not an easy thing to navigate, hence the points deductions elsewhere and several clubs seemingly running very close to the wire. I reckon it's nowhere near as black and white as you are making it out to be, however I don't think people like us will ever truly understand the inner workings of any PL clubs finances, so there's little point debating it, we've just got to trust the people in charge (I'd wager they're far more qualified than most of us will ever be anyway)

It is tho, according to some kids on here. Piece of piss, even. 

56 minutes ago, Zero said:

I don't think that's what I said to be fair

29 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I don't think that's what I said to be fair

I mean it looks great that we designed a little window for us to react if Bruno’s clause was not triggered - but the reality is we shouldn’t face that life-saving 7 days in the first place.

55 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Not really. Within most companies, usually, it’s the working level that is able to grasp the in depth details instead of the managements. Probably around 50% of the management personnel is redundant. They may have their own networking, they might be good at relationship management, but they might not be really good at the aspect or area they are looking after 

Too many managers, too little workers. That’s a common problem in working organisations nowadays. If you have followed the gaming industry, Ubisoft is probably the latest example I could think of.

Top level investment banks have their own ranking system and database re all the management level personnel / directors / CEO etc. 

3 hours ago, Zero said:

Not really. Within most companies, usually, it’s the working level that is able to grasp the in depth details instead of the managements. Probably around 50% of the management personnel is redundant. They may have their own networking, they might be good at relationship management, but they might not be really good at the aspect or area they are looking after 

Too many managers, too little workers. That’s a common problem in working organisations nowadays. If you have followed the gaming industry, Ubisoft is probably the latest example I could think of.

Top level investment banks have their own ranking system and database re all the management level personnel / directors / CEO etc. 

What a load of baseless shite [emoji38]