Sandro Tonali: charged by FA after alleged betting breaches / unlikely to serve additional ban (Hope)

The Prophet

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I mean, you’d hope so (allowing for it being a diagnosed addiction).  But I also don’t think they had a choice with Tonali.

So you agree if Dummett or Ritchie got embroiled in the same situation as current employees of the club, and therefore the club would have no choice but to get involved, that they'd likely back them?

Just now, LiquidAK said:

So you agree if Dummett or Ritchie got embroiled in the same situation as current employees of the club, and therefore the club would have no choice but to get involved, that they'd likely back them?

I think that if it was found that they were betting on football and landed a ten month ban the club would look to sack them - while providing support services

I also think that there’s a good chance that the owners are furious re the Tonali situation

3 minutes ago, McDog said:

No choice. 5 year contract and just purchased. WTF was the other choice? Sell low or release on a free?

Yep, that’s the point I’m making.  They had no choice other than the response that they had, unless they wanted to flush a massive investment down the toilet. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I think that if it was found that they were betting on football and landed a ten month ban the club would look to sack them - while providing support services

I also think that there’s a good chance that the owners are furious re the Tonali situation

Thanks for clarifying that you're basing this on vibes - I think you don't have a clue given everything that's come out of the club since this broke.

Just now, LiquidAK said:

Thanks for clarifying that you're basing this on vibes - I think you don't have a clue given everything that's come out of the club since this broke.

Of course - I’m not pretending to be ‘ITK’.  And I also don’t think any football club would come out and throw mud at their player, either.

There were stories in the press that the owners were unhappy and were investigating how we didn’t pick up on Tonali’s activities.  Again, could all be newspaper shite and a tissue of lies.

And neither of us know whether or not the lad is an addict or not.  Gambling addiction is fucking horrible, and it ruined my dad’s and my aunt’s childhood - and if Tonali is, I hope he gets all the help and support he needs to control and overcome it.  But that doesn’t mean that he’d be immune from criticism even if he actually is an addict.  

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Of course - I’m not pretending to be ‘ITK’.  And I also don’t think any football club would come out and throw mud at their player, either.

There were stories in the press that the owners were unhappy and were investigating how we didn’t pick up on Tonali’s activities.  Again, could all be newspaper shite and a tissue of lies.

And neither of us know whether or not the lad is an addict or not.  Gambling addiction is fucking horrible, and it ruined my dad’s and my aunt’s childhood - and if Tonali is, I hope he gets all the help and support he needs to control and overcome it.  But that doesn’t mean that he’d be immune from criticism even if he actually is an addict.  

So how about we trust the people who actually have a clue, i.e., Howe and the other senior people at the club who are backing him, and back the 23-year-old.

14 minutes ago, LiquidAK said:

So how about we trust the people who actually have a clue, i.e., Howe and the other senior people at the club who are backing him, and back the 23-year-old.

Yeah, fair enough.  I still think there is criticism of Tonali which is perfectly justifiable.  

Seriously can't wait to see him play for us, especially after 10 months where he hopefully learns English and has time to bed in like Gordon did between Jan and Aug

Some of his 1 touch play was great in the games he played, sure he will be something unique to add to our midfield 

1 hour ago, janpawel said:

Seriously can't wait to see him play for us, especially after 10 months where he hopefully learns English and has time to bed in like Gordon did between Jan and Aug

Some of his 1 touch play was great in the games he played, sure he will be something unique to add to our midfield 

Watched the extended highlights of the opening game against Villa this morning. He had a blinder.

16 minutes ago, Menace said:

Been watching some videos of him lately, imagine how immense he will be and how eager to go for next season. This is just a small blip into a colossal signing.

Agreed - imagine having him, Bruno, Joe, Willock, Longstaff etc. training alongside (and competing with) young Miley.  

Very pleased he has remained around the set up. I reckon it will end up being Sandro, Bruno and Miley somewhere near the middle of the park.

Caught up with Dan Burn Fozcast episode yesterday and he touched out how Sandro can speak really good English these days. Hopefully this will help him settled into the area during his ban and immerse himself in the team / understand our tactical approach.

41 minutes ago, Solitude20 said:

Is there a possibility if this 10 month can be reduced to just like 3 months instead? Things like good conduct could reduce charges or something? It would be good if he could play the second half of the season, thank you. 

I respect 🫡 your hopium here, good sir. 

• 2 weeks later...