Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

Lots of slagging off of the local journalists but doesn’t that basically mean that we’re keeping things quiet and the leaks are at the other end? That’s a good thing right?

edit: not saying Luke Edwards is not a cunt. 
edit 2: been drinking in the sun. I think by double negative is correct. 

Edited by KetsbaiaIsBald

2 hours ago, KingArthur said:

Bruno's shooting is his biggest weakness imo. And does he have the legs to make those late runs to the box? He is great but not the quickest. And one of his biggest strenghts is those through balls to the box and little combinations that he has constantly played with Longstaff or Almiron. But this is just my opinion from the little I have seen. 

Bruno is everywhere. He's like Gazza, might not be the long distance runner, but over a short burst can usually beat his man no problem. We sometimes forget just how good a footballer he is, even when not fully fit he was manipulating the ball in ways which would compensate. I don't think he's bad at shooting either.

Just now, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

Lots of slagging off of the local journalists but doesn’t that basically mean that we’re keeping things quiet and the leaks are at the other end? That’s a good thing right?

Aye, I don't think anyone has been slagging them off, it's just more of an acceptable they're given very little information and knowingly or are passively used to plant stories in the media.

Edwards has always got abuse because he's a bald melt.

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Aye, I don't think anyone has been slagging them off, it's just more of an acceptable they're given very little information and knowingly or are passively used to plant stories in the media.

That he is 😃 

there has been a few posts slagging off the NE press not breaking these stories but I’m going to have to back off.  To continue my argument I’d have to be supportive of the other hairier melts like Ryder. 

59 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Without checking to verify, I feel like most of Brunos goals have come from long shots and late runs into the box? 

A flick from corner against Southampton, a corner goal against Leicester, a quick counter against Leicester (could say a late run to the box in 90th minute) a breakaway chip v Norwich, rebound against Arsenal, header v Brentford, long range strike against Brentford, long range against Southampton, tap in from a corner v Sheffield Wednesday, late run in the box against Brighton in 90th minute.

I think they are all there. A lot of set piece goals and 2 long range ones were decent shot, curled in the bottom corner. I would still say he is better at making the killer pass. But we will see, both can certainly pass damn well.

1 hour ago, Jack27 said:

eh? wtf is he going on about? its as if the club have no grand plan.

they've probably been reflecting all week since getting the deal almost done.

its not as though they can only concentrate on one signing at a time.

probably got a plan A, plan B, and C all several more.

"No more signings lads. we;ve made one, lets give it a few days before we go for another. Oh, and by the way - can someone let Luke know."

11 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

He's a fucking weasel regardless of being bald. Does anyone ever give Shearer abuse because of lack of hair?

Before the summer window started I was thinking we’d sign a no. 6 that can play 8 at a push, and a number 10/winger that could play 8 at a push. But our first midfield signing is a number 8, and one who has played best as the left hand no.8. That’s the side we have the most talent with JLinton and and Willockinho.

So it has me wondering, could Eddie’s next magic trick be a software update of JLinton that turns him full on beast mode as a 6?

3 minutes ago, greydos said:

Before the summer window started I was thinking we’d sign a no. 6 that can play 8 at a push, and a number 10/winger that could play 8 at a push. But our first midfield signing is a number 8, and one who has played best as the left hand no.8. That’s the side we have the most talent with JLinton and and Willockinho.

So it has me wondering, could Eddie’s next magic trick be a software update of JLinton that turns him full on beast mode as a 6?

Thankfully we can rest assured we are in safe hands. Trust the owners and enjoy watching Twatamonga Baldwards loose his shit, or just ignore his mental gymnastics in a ploy to attain any relevance:lol:

4 minutes ago, greydos said:

"Best as the left hand no8" ?

Haven't seen that anywhere like. Most of the sites fbref and the like have him central and he played mainly on the right for Italy the other night.

Also Tonali is 23. Its not set in stone where his best position lies.

I'm absolutely certain that if Bruno is out, Tonali will play number 6, perhaps he will even start as a number 6 with Bruno in a double pivot.

Our midfield 3 isn't conventional at the best of times. There has been plenty of times where Bruno has been our highest player up the field.

If its possible, I think we play some sort of triple pivot. When one presses the next man covers the half space.

The only thing that Tonali probably doesn't possess is the ball retention/press proof play as a deep lying player on the ball, that Bruno does but then most players in the world don't.

14 minutes ago, STM said:

Also, Tonali will be drip fed into the side. We know Howe well enough to know that he won't be fired straight into our first 11.

Nah, Tonali will go straight in IMO, we're probably going to sign 3 first teamers this window, unlikely we'll drip feed all of them in.

Just now, jackflap said:

Nah, Tonali will go straight in IMO, we're probably going to sign 3 first teamers this window, unlikely we'll drip feed all of them in.

I think he’ll be drip fed too. Can’t see any reason to drop Longstaff (on the assumption he is the one to get the chop)

4 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

I think he’ll be drip fed too. Can’t see any reason to drop Longstaff (on the assumption he is the one to get the chop)

The main reason drop Longstaff would be because we have bought someone better. 

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I points return against Man City and Liverpool was horrific, we need quality in the side so I hope he and any other top class players we buy are thrown straight in.

And we play City, Liverpool, Brighton after Villa. If we don't start him against Villa at home they'd be tough games to throw him straight into.

25 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Tonali is miles better.

Tonali, Bruno, Joelinton is our first choice midfield.