Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

4 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Robert and Solano both have legend status for me I reckon, I put them in the same bracket as Shearer and higher than Bellamy. 

If Solano had played for Man Utd he'd be considered one of the PL greats

Just now, gjohnson said:

I remember a lot of Roberts goals....I only remember one of Bellamys

I guess such titles for players are all about which player from our past is part of someone’s greatest memories and times following their team. I mean my fave all-time NUFC player would probably be Andy Cole, yet Shearer IS the legend, the better player and did more for us. It’s about fan favourites too. I just don’t consider the likes of Robert a legend here. He’d probably be GOD himself if he had of played for the mackems mind who reserve legend status for absolute no-bodies like Ball which again goes back to how such titles are awarded to players based more on what they mean to someone the most than what they actually merit in the annal’s of the club’s history overall.

4 minutes ago, Menace said:

Roberts goal against Fulham was always very underrated.

That the backwards overhead karate kick? Still never understood how he did it. It's as good as Bergkamps Vs Dabizas in my head

4 minutes ago, Tiburon said:

I guess such titles for players are all about which player from our past is part of someone’s greatest memories and times following their team. I mean my fave all-time NUFC player would probably be Andy Cole, yet Shearer IS the legend, the better player and did more for us. It’s about fan favourites too. I just don’t consider the likes of Robert a legend here. He’d probably be GOD himself if he had of played for the mackems mind who reserve legend status for absolute no-bodies like Ball which again goes back to how such titles are awarded to players based more on what they mean to someone the most than what they actually merit in the annal’s of the club’s history overall.

Robert with Bellamy was the biggest transformation of a team that we've not seen since Eddie came along. Their pace took us from lower midfield to title challengers in a year. Both hugely effective, but Robert was far more memorable due to being terrible or spectacular. Bellamy probably had an overall better contribution but barring a game or two it wasn't as obvious 

1 minute ago, Wolfcastle said:

That's fair enough because of your age you'll have missed Ginola.

Himself miles better than Robert for me.

And Wayne Fereday. Until you've seen your left winger trundle the ball harmlessly out of play after a failed 1-2 at Oakwell, you haven't lived

8 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

And Wayne Fereday. Until you've seen your left winger trundle the ball harmlessly out of play after a failed 1-2 at Oakwell, you haven't lived

I saw Wayne Fereday's good game for us.

Just now, LionOfGosforth said:

WBA at home in 90? I may have dreamt it but I think he crossed for Quinn to score. Not many can say they saw Fereday produce an assist. Heady days

Nope. The home League cup tie with Boro after Quinn got sent off. He was full back, winger, forward and bloody good at all of them.......for one night only.

Incredible how many rival (online) fans have got him down as ' mediocre, good engine but not much else, Pirlo lookalike and that's where it ends' blah blah etc.

Don't profess to know that much about him but he's clearly got way more to offer than these lifting opinions. I wonder if our online fanbase invites this kind of ridicule in our appraisal of rivals new signings?

RAWK by far the worst I've read mind, their comments are laced with bile. God I'm desperate to batter the fuckers when we meet them early doors

2 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

WBA at home in 90? I may have dreamt it but I think he crossed for Quinn to score. Not many can say they saw Fereday produce an assist. Heady days

Well he was bound to find the striker with one of his crosses just by law of averages. Fereday was one of the quickest wingers in England on his day. The only chink in his armour was when he actually had the ball.

Just now, Holloway said:

Incredible how many rival (online) fans have got him down as ' mediocre, good engine but not much else, Pirlo lookalike and that's where it ends' blah blah etc.

Don't profess to know that much about him but he's clearly got way more to offer than these lifting opinions. I wonder if our online fanbase invites this kind of ridicule in our appraisal of rivals new signings?

RAWK by far the worst I've read mind, their comments are laced with bile. God I'm desperate to batter the fuckers when we meet them early doors

Why would RAWK care so much about a mediocre player? The only logical conclusion is they must be seething with jealousy.