Sandro Tonali

The Prophet

17 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Not saying you're wrong but if we're after a RW I don't see why we'd target someone who's spent about 10% of their appearances playing that position (according to transfermarkt).

Then again, if Howe is seeking more fluidity, with players that can play multiple positions, then Szoboszlai would make sense. 

That includes all games including youth etc.

Since moving to Leipzig he's played most of his football on the right hand side either right wing or RM - with a the rest of the time mostly as a central AM.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dominik-szoboszlai/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/451276

Personally I think a player like that who can play wide or attacking midfield is exactly what we need. 

Edited by ponsaelius

2 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Since moving to Leipzig he's played most of his football on the right hand side either right wing or RM - with a the rest of the time mostly as a central AM.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dominik-szoboszlai/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/451276

Personally I think a player like that who can play wide or attacking midfield is exactly what we need. 

Imagine if our front 3 options could be 3 out of:

Left: Maximin, Gordon, Joelinton 

Centre: Isak, Wilson 

Right: Dom, Miggy, Gordon 

5 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

That's the way we played most of last season. Only when ASM played did we really have an out and out winger. We did very well having players who could use the width without being wingers. If that makes sense.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I wonder if they'll reconsider just paying the release clause then.

I don’t think so, it’s really high and we aren’t prone to panic this early on the window. If the noises from the club are true we are ahead of schedule and this going totally daft shouldn’t be needed. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

I don’t think so, it’s really high and we aren’t prone to panic this early on the window. If the noises from the club are true we are ahead of schedule and this going totally daft shouldn’t be needed. 

If it is true that it was essentially Szboszlai or Maddison and that Man City going for Gvardiol would stop it from happening at all, then I'm sure it'll either come into their thinking or they'll consider another player. We've really taken our time on this AM/RW hybrid player despite it always seeming to be a priority target.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

If it is true that it was essentially Szboszlai or Maddison and that Man City going for Gvardiol would stop it from happening at all, then I'm sure it'll either come into their thinking or they'll consider another player. We've really taken our time on this AM/RW hybrid player despite it always seeming to be a priority target.

Tweet above literally says “if other targets don’t come off”. 

3 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Yeah given what I’ve read he seems perfect for us, the price Is very high and I really feel we need a left back. Too bad nobody is in a hurry to take some of our players. 

1 hour ago, Kid Icarus said:

He's been by far the most reliable person this summer. Way beyond the journos. Any others that he's already mentioned without me having to go through his full timeline?

1 hour ago, ponsaelius said:

He said we were going to sign Minteh way back in January.

No idea where he gets his info from but it's weirdly accurate.

Agree 100%. He pops up on my timeline and as someone else mentioned he comes across as a bit of a knob when talking like a fan (slagging off the slogan “we don’t want a team that wins we want a club that tries” etc etc) but I’ve been taking note of late of his transfer info and he’s definitely getting fed decent info. Transfers can always take a quick twist and make any ITK look foolish but generally his tweets have been accurate and backed up with sensible thinking ?‍♂️ 

Just now, LFEE said:

Agree 100%. He pops up on my timeline and as someone else mentioned he comes across as a bit of a knob when talking like a fan (slagging off the slogan “we don’t want a team that wins we want a club that tries” etc etc) but I’ve been taking note of late of his transfer info and he’s definitely getting fed decent info. Transfers can always take a quick twist and make any ITK look foolish but generally his tweets have been accurate and backed up with sensible thinking ?‍♂️ 

Like this one…hopefully.