NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

23 hours ago, XLVIII said:

I like our approach, I think we are a top 6 side now on and off the pitch and Pep’s Man City won’t be around forever, we are primed just nicely for when that day arrives to take over the mantle given the fine balance we have right now between youth, experience and serious talent in the likes of Botman, Bruno, Tonali and Isak, we will keep adding one or two real quality level players per window while also padding out the squad and the youth levels. Does the starting XI have some weaknesses, of course, but we are now stronger than we ever have been since the Keegan and John Hall days, in every area on the pitch and also off the pitch. Our academy has never been stronger, nor our scouting and coaching. 

3x Man City managers have won the league.  Every manager they’ve had since Hughes. Even after Pep City will be there. Still have the beet Academy in the country.  And 10 years of financial doping. 

2 minutes ago, Memphis said:

He's not let us down, but he's also quite limited. We're trying to play with more speed and more technique from the back and he hasn't shown the ability to do that. He's a very solid traditional centre back but I suspect we want, and will need, more as we try to maintain elite status. Nothing against him personally.

I don't disagree, but the key part in there was we won't be spending £40m on a CB cover in this window. So there's little point in lusting after what you can't have. If we can sell him and get someone in on loan who can do a similar job then fine, but I don't see it.

16 minutes ago, Ameritoon said:

Replacing Lascelles and buying Williams, but more than anything, buying Williams. I'll watch Athletic games just for him.

?? Will have to YT scout him ?

Just had another look at Nico Williams fbref for a reminder and the defensive numbers check out. Makes a ton of sense. Very well suited to our pressing game, which Moussa Diaby's defensive numbers didn't line up with.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

I don't disagree, but the key part in there was we won't be spending £40m on a CB cover in this window. So there's little point in lusting after what you can't have. If we can sell him and get someone in on loan who can do a similar job then fine, but I don't see it.

Thing is none of us or the journos really know exactly what we can and can’t do. There is still time for a nice surprise. Believe :indi:

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

Wasn't there talk that our FFP concerns were mostly centred around wages at the minute? Rather than transfer fees we'd be paying out?

Lascelles and Fraser going out knocks a fair bit off wages wise. Would probably be what we'd expect to pay two younger talents from the continent.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Wasn't there talk that our FFP concerns were mostly centred around wages at the minute? Rather than transfer fees we'd be paying out?

Lascelles and Fraser going out knocks a fair bit off wages wise. Would probably be what we'd expect to pay two younger talents from the continent.

Plus loan with buy obligation for us. Costs spread over to next year’s accounts! 

:tobey:

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Think (don’t quote me) UEFA FFP is a wages/turnover issue whereas EPL FFP is spending via transfer fees which we’ve pretty much maxed out on both.

Edited by LFEE

Just now, STM said:

Don't do it to ya sels lads. Remember the papers want you to think we will be busy up until deadline day.

Remember our owners want all to think we’re done and hamstrung financially. Nothing in the pot, in fact no pot to piss in now! [emoji38]

Back of the envelope math tells me that if, as has been reported, Lascelles and Fraser are each on about 40,000 weekly, that's a total of 4.2 million this year. Reducing that number and adding on a fee (let's say 8 million just as an example) balances your books to the tune of 12.2 million. If the incoming player were to cost 40 million and sign a 5 year contract, that would be 8 million this year on transfer fee, and would allow us to sign him to a deal worth 80,000/week, which is what Barnes supposedly came in on. 

So we may choose not to do it that way, but those deals alone theoretically could open up another big signing for us.

2 minutes ago, Memphis said:

Back of the envelope math tells me that if, as has been reported, Lascelles and Fraser are each on about 40,000 weekly, that's a total of 4.2 million this year. Reducing that number and adding on a fee (let's say 8 million just as an example) balances your books to the tune of 12.2 million. If the incoming player were to cost 40 million and sign a 5 year contract, that would be 8 million this year on transfer fee, and would allow us to sign him to a deal worth 80,000/week, which is what Barnes supposedly came in on. 

So we may choose not to do it that way, but those deals alone theoretically could open up another big signing for us.

Sweet Memphis! 

IMG_0143.gif.501ae1c317a6974547c9c3c283563534.gif

Edited by PauloGeordio

4 minutes ago, STM said:

Don't do it to ya sels lads. Remember the papers want you to think we will be busy up until deadline day.

Agreed. Seems harsh to take any of our transfer frustration on Matz Sels.

31 minutes ago, Memphis said:

I agree completely that Lascelles has been superb for the club off the pitch and a great example of character and leadership. That would be missed. On the pitch, not so much. But a fee in the range of 8-10 million would allow us to spend 2x or 3x that in FFP terms, so if his transfer were to happen, bringing in a player like Tapsoba could potentially be back on this window. Would be a big win for us.

That's not quite how it works. 

If we sell him for £10m and replace him for £30m (on a 5-year-deal for arguments sake), yes that £10m would cover the first chunk of the amortisation (£6m per year + the difference in wages) but not the full amount. We'd still have to find the difference down the line by either selling someone else or finding additional revenue. 

Just now, Keegans Export said:

If we sell him for £10m and replace him for £30m (on a 5-year-deal for arguments sake), yes that £10m would cover the first chunk of the amortisation (£6m per year + the difference in wages) but not the full amount. We'd still have to find the difference down the line by either selling someone else or finding additional revenue. 

We’re getting additional revenue! :indi:

Title winner set to be last minute signing at Newcastle United

NEWCASTLE UNITED FC

Posted by 

Jason Pettigrove

1 hour ago

IMG_2730.thumb.webp.c9c9876f3ecd1b5e96f1342f91be9577.webp

Though it was thought that Newcastle United’s incoming transfer business was completed, with a week still to go, if opportunities present themselves, the Magpies need to be involved in the discussion.

Eddie Howe’s work off the pitch is as remarkable as on it, with virtually all of his signings so far proving to be more than adequate for the job in hand.

Each player has been carefully considered, and the diligence of the manager, his recruitment team and backroom staff can be seen once the team set foot on the pitch.

Newcastle look like a well-oiled machine with no sign of weakness in any area at present. That speaks of the seriousness with which the club are taking their responsibilities as they head into the Champions League for the first time in two decades, and attempt to get the monkey off their back and win a domestic title.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

The £30m from adidas next season will help greatly 

14 minutes ago, STM said:

This is my take on it. Howe already hinted business was more or less done. I think would have to be a long term target becoming available to change that, and none of the names I'm hearing strike me as that.

3 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

I clarified things a bit later on in the thread, but it's also worth considering that Krafth, Manquillo, Ritchie, Dummett, Hendrick, and a few others will all be out of contract. Were we not to renew any of those five, that would be around 14 million off the wage bill. Now, we wouldn't have access to all of that, but certainly some - and we would have signifcantly improved commercial revenue for next year to help balance it out, so I don't think it's outlandish at all to make that suggestion.

1 minute ago, TRon said:

This is my take on it. Howe already hinted business was more or less done. I think would have to be a long term target becoming available to change that, and none of the names I'm hearing strike me as that.

While I agree, Howe is a compulsive liar.