NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, FCB said:

Newcastle through agent Marian Khadour and the club's ownership/management have offered €41M to @valenciacf for Mamardasvhili 📈

The English club has been raising the offer and now the ball is in Peter Lim's court

IMG_2540.thumb.webp.e2e780992f281a35170b472eafb78e16.webp

Jack27, named for the amount of lives he’s got.

Todd’s disgusting man, he looks like an oaf. He needs to get himself back front and centre making gaffes every week, that’s the Boehly we all came to hate

Brentford are asking £50 million for Mbeumo. 24 years old, 18 goals and 15 assists in the Prem the last two seasons. Not too crazy. Can probably bring that down to £40 million with the rest in add ons.

Some interesting quotes of his I stumbled on earlier today. Seems to have the kind of mindset that really fits into what we do.

"I have qualities that I have not yet fully exploited," Mbeumo continued. "In the last action too, I must be even more killer, more decisive. I also know how important it is to work off the pitch.

"I set up programs with a sports coach. I am following a virtual reality program that allows me to improve my cognitive abilities. You have to be ready for the future."

I really don’t think he is at the level we need - too short and misses sitters. An upgrade on Miggy yes, and as an understudy, okay, but capable of starting regularly for a top 5-10 team in world football… not for me.

Will give him my full support, and hope I am wrong if we do sign him.

We should do whatever it takes to get a young generational talent in, not settle. We should be all over Olise or similar and wait for him to reject us, before heading down the list especially at a reported £50m.

3 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I really don’t think he is at the level we need - too short and misses sitters. An upgrade on Miggy yes, and as an understudy, okay, but capable of starting regularly for a top 5-10 team in world football… not for me.

We should do whatever it takes to get a young generational talent in, not settle. We should be all over Olise or similar and wait for him to reject us, before heading down the list especially at a reported £50m.

:lol: He and Wissa carried that entire Brentford team. He's quality and would be even better under Eddie and playing in our core group of players would only elevate his ability. We are still working towards cementing ourselves as a top 7 team in the league. 

16 minutes ago, Pablo said:

So ok for us 🤔

He's quick causes problems for fullbacks scores goals a good age for learning still. Seems the right fit to me like. Give them miggy and some cash. 

Posted (edited)

Not close to okay for us, unless we accept where we finished last season is about our level, and we are a club and a fan base are content to continue being a 6-8 team in the league. I thought our potential was much greater than that.

if our aspiration is to be number 1 and to regularly compete for trophies from 5 years after takeover, we can’t make mid level signings for top dollar. So if he ain’t for the top 10 clubs in Europe/the world, then sorry he ain’t for me.

Our FFP doesn’t allow too many signings so wasting good money in possibly our weakest area is folly, unless we are at our plateau and will rise no more. We should be signing players with Isak potential now, that is where I believe we are.

Mbeumo = Ruel Fox. Looking back a player I liked, but who was limited in where he could take us.

Edited by Pablo

He can get better like flash has. We can't go and get finished articles as in star players so potential signings are our bread and butter. 

12 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Not close to okay for us, unless we accept where we finished last season is about our level, and we are a club and a fan base are content to continue being a 6-8 team in the league. I thought our potential was much greater than that.

if our aspiration is to be number 1 and to regularly compete for trophies from 5 years after takeover, we can’t make mid level signings for top dollar. So if he ain’t for the top 10 clubs in Europe/the world, then sorry he ain’t for me.

Our FFP doesn’t allow too many signings so wasting good money in possibly our weakest area is folly, unless we are at our plateau and will rise no more. We should be signing players with Isak potential now, that is where I believe we are.

Mbeumo = Ruel Fox. Looking back a player I liked, but who was limited in where he could take us.

You do realise that everything you’ve just written for Mbeumo, could’ve applied to Isak at Sociadad don’t you? We don’t have the FFP wriggle room to buy top level proven players, we have to buy players with potential to grow. Mbuemo has that and is also proven in the premier league, unlike some similar prospect in the Erdevise or Bundesliga

12 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

You do realise that everything you’ve just written for Mbeumo, could’ve applied to Isak at Sociadad don’t you? We don’t have the FFP wriggle room to buy top level proven players, we have to buy players with potential to grow. Mbuemo has that and is also proven in the premier league, unlike some similar prospect in the Erdevise or Bundesliga

It could have applied to all of our best signings [emoji38]

I'm so taken back by some of this stuff man. 

Some people still keep thinking we are going to be buying players like Man City did after their takeover.

I can't believe it.

There is this discussion about every player. Some people start from what teams deep in the CL have and compare targets to that

Others come from the angle of who starts at the moment and what does a major upgrade look like.As the squad gets better these views will merge

This guy would clearly be a big improvement on Miggy and Murphy, for me that makes him a great signing. RW is the one unimproved area on the pitch, IMO Miggy is at best lower midtable and Murphy is behind that.

In a few years they’ll look at RW again and maybe then you get the next Saka… 

What we need are not just players who could potentially play in a top 4 team, but players who can drag the team up to top 4 level.

Harvey Barnes could probably play in a top 4 team. Is he likely to elevate us to that level in the way Bruno or Isak can? Probably not IMO.

That's the question here for me: is Mbeumo a guy who could play in a team at the top, or is he a guy that makes you a team at the top? Bear in mind he's probably going to cost 50 million plus, which is an absurd amount of money for amost every team in the world.

He'd undoubtedly make our team stronger than it is now, but if we're spending 50 million+ on a RW there's an awful lot of options in the world. Is he the best one?

57 minutes ago, Pablo said:

How many times have you watched him play? 

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

I'm sure he can play through the middle aswell so might be why we are looking at him. 

Are we actually looking at him? I've not seen one link.

38 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

I recall seeing Isak absolutely tear it up in one game at the Euros, with Gary Linekar absolutely gushing. I don’t ever remember seeing Bryan Mbuemo having that impact on any game.

I see Mbuemo as a decent premier league player who will start in a mid to lower level team, not one to make the leap to the top. This isn’t fantasy football picking up a cheap player for 5m to score a few points as substitute when the first choice is missing a game.

like I said originally if we sign him, I support him and want him to do well. I want my gut feeling to be wrong. However if he signs, I think we are collectively crying out for a new right winger inside 6 months as he is levels below the remainder of our first choice front six.

Gordon Isak Mbuemo

Joelinton Bruno Tonali

if you all think he is that level, fair play. I see him as a a Ruel Fox.

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

I'm sure he can play through the middle aswell so might be why we are looking at him. 

According to whoscored he played nine times last season through the middle with 4 goals.