NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

We've got evidence that Miley can operate at PL and arguably CL level. Minteh hasn't proven that yet.

Minteh has played & scored in the Champions league. 

Just now, gdm said:

If Liverpool and other clubs want him for £40m I imagine he’s pretty well thought of. He’s been very good this season including playing & scoring in the champions league 

He played for slot last season, so that will be a big part of it too.

Just now, KaKa said:

He played for slot last season, so that will be a big part of it too.

I know I just think it’s crazy to be so willing to cash in. 

Just now, Joe1984 said:

So has Dan Burn...

How is that relevant? :lol: I was replying to someone saying Miley can do it in CL inferring Minteh couldnt or we don’t know if Minteh could. I’m just pointing out he has. 

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Reluctantly willing. Its out of necessity. PSR and all that.

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

If Liverpool and other clubs want him for £40m I imagine he’s pretty well thought of. He’s been very good this season including playing & scoring in the champions league 

That's the difference though, with FFP etc clubs like Liverpool can take a bit of a punt at £40m in the same way we can at £5m. They're not signing him because he's a sure thing, but they can roll with it if he isn't. 

Just now, gdm said:

How is that relevant? :lol: I was replying to someone saying Miley can do it in CL inferring Minteh couldnt or we don’t know if Minteh could. I’m just pointing out he has. 

It was just a joke gdm. Just a joke. ☺️

Just now, Keegans Export said:

That's the difference though, with FFP etc clubs like Liverpool can take a bit of a punt at £40m in the same way we can at £5m. They're not signing him because he's a sure thing, but they can roll with it if he isn't. 

I think you're biting off a bit more than you can chew with this kind of statement. We have no idea how he's being talked about among clubs interested.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

Not really a punt when the manager that’s worked him over the last year thinks he’ll be good enough. 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

I think it's really fortunate we have the option. £40 million is incredible really. It will mean we can keep all our best players.

We definitely should sell him to someone other than Liverpool if we can manage it. However, if they are willing to pay loads more than others I would do the deal.

Just now, KaKa said:

I think it's really fortunate we have the option. £40 million is incredible really. It will mean we can keep all our best players.

We definitely should sell him to someone other than Liverpool if we can manage it. However, if they are willing to pay loads more than others I would do the deal.

Just hope we don’t live to regret it and he’s absolutely class 

Just now, Upthemags said:

I think you're biting off a bit more than you can chew with this kind of statement. We have no idea how he's being talked about among clubs interested.

It was a poor choice of phrase I'll admit that much.

The point I was trying to make is that they can afford to take a bit of a risk at £40m. He might end up as a £60m player, in which case they've played a blinder, he might struggle, in which case they aren't going to be massively hamstrung by it. 

He wouldn't be the first player to be brought from the Dutch league by his manager over there and not be anywhere near as productive in the PL.

If he's that coveted then he needs to be straight in the team. :lol: Fuck loaning and definitely fuck selling. It'll cost a fortune to sign a significant upgrade on Almiron and Murphy. 

Dreadful if we sell this kid without having a good look in pre season, he’s got electric pace and looks like he could get better in a position where crying out for some one.

Sell him to Liverpool and you can guarantee he’ll be the next Mane.

right wing is a clear problem position for us. If he’s that good then he needs to play - fuck selling him when it’d cost £60m to sign a top player there anyway.

3 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Dreadful if we sell this kid without having a good look in pre season, he’s got electric pace and looks like he could get better in a position where crying out for some one.

Sell him to Liverpool and you can guarantee he’ll be the next Mane.

Can already hear Sky talking about how we'll be regretting in now.

Tossers.

I can get on board with selling players when it makes sense as we need to become better at it.

But losing this guy before Miggy and Murphy? Get tae fuck

Liverpool's title push was based off the back of selling Coutinho for top dollar and manoeuvring from there.

Sometimes tough calls need to be made. Much rather sell this kid than the likes of Isak and Bruno.

Once we go into the next 3 year cycle from July, we can then start spending normally again.

Just as an example it looks like Moukoko is done at Dortmund. Same age, more highly rated, but due to tough circumstances last season will be available for half of what we sell Minteh for. If we then go and bring him in as a replacement, I'm not complaining.

Some big calls to be made this summer but would be shipping Wilson, Trippier, Murphy and Almiron first before this lad.

Arne Slot is a very good manager and if he wants him i’d be wary.