NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

7 minutes ago, Smal said:

right wing is a clear problem position for us. If he’s that good then he needs to play - fuck selling him when it’d cost £60m to sign a top player there anyway.

But the full £60 million doesn't count against us all in one year ... that's not how it works.

Anyway, never mind. Not getting into this nonsense again :lol:

1 minute ago, Whitley mag said:

Some big calls to be made this summer but would be shipping Wilson, Trippier, Murphy and Almiron first before this lad.

Arne Slot is a very good manager and if he wants him i’d be wary.

Clearly it's maybe not proving quite as easy to shift those lot.

Not sold on Minteh till I see him in a more competitive league. Eredivise is a proper pathetic league, where if you are in a strong attacking side, your attacking output will look far more amazing.

If we signed someone for £40m from Eredivise, probably would be a meltdown in here.

1 minute ago, Sibierski said:

Not sold on Minteh till I see him in a more competitive league. Eredivise is a proper pathetic league, where if you are in a strong attacking side, your attacking output will look far more amazing.

If we signed someone for £40m from Eredivise, probably would be a meltdown in here.

Jamie Vardy was signed from a non league team I believe.

It's rare but you can find good players from poorer quality leagues.

3 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

There's definitely a chance Slot is getting carried away.

ten Hag brought what looked like a pretty exciting right winger with him from Ajax.

We all know how that turned out.

At the end of the day we’re likely to have to sell at some point to continue progressing as long PSR is around and getting 40m+ for a player who’s never pulled on a first team shirt for us would be ridiculous business. 

Obviously I’d prefer that he’d stay and become a world class winger for us, but if it’s sell him and we get to keep our established world class players then it’s a no brainer. This sort of player trading is exactly what Chelsea and City have grown fat on. 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

At the end of the day we’re likely to have to sell at some point to continue progressing as long PSR is around and getting 40m+ for a player who’s never pulled on a first team shirt for us would be ridiculous business. 

Obviously I’d prefer that he’d stay and become a world class winger for us, but if it’s sell him and we get to keep our established world class players then it’s a no brainer. This sort of player trading is exactly what Chelsea and City have grown fat on. 

Chelsea & Man City don’t have Almiron and Murphy stinking up the right hand side (tad harsh on Murphy but point stands)

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Chelsea & Man City don’t have Almiron and Murphy stinking up the right hand side (tad harsh on Murphy but point stands)

Yeah, but we already know the club is looking at bringing in a top end right winger, so why keep on about this?

Edited by KaKa

People saying ship almiron Murphy trippier etc need to realise that they're all under contract

We will struggle to force them out the door if they don't wanna go

If the choice was

A. Keep Minteh and not sign a right winger and probably upgrade somewhere else or

B. Sell him and get 2 starters into the team straight away

What would people rather

Might be far fetched but if the 40 million rumour is right then I'd imagine we can bring quite a bit in with that coin

28 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

You could sell Miggy (£20m) and Minteh (£40m) and that's Olise bought and paid for. Whatever we had put aside for the RW position can then be invested elsewhere. 

An attacking trio of Gordon-Isak-Olise would be lethal. But the most difficult thing about getting Olise isn’t his fees, it would be the competition from other teams who would love to sign him. 

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Yeah, but we already know the club is looking at bringing in a top end right winger, so why keep on about this?

We need options not just one. An injury to this mystery ‘top end’ right winger and we are relying on miggy or Murphy again 

£40m profit is massive in terms of FFP. It's rubbish from a fans POV to have to think like that but that's the reality we are in. 

27 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

Jamie Vardy was signed from a non league team I believe.

It's rare but you can find good players from poorer quality leagues.

Ian Wright, Stuart Pearce, Chris Waddle. All from non league 

£40m would seem ludicrous, surely? 

No one would be advocating us spending that much on him if we were buying him from Feyenoord.

It's more important than ever now to be a good selling club. If you want to compete in the current market, maximising value for your assets is the only way, and this is clearly part of the club's growth strategy which is why we've been snapping up young talents to begin with. 

At the end of the day, £40m for a kid who is unproven in a top league would be extremely difficult to reject. We signed Gordon for that price and he was a regular premier league starter, we paid less for Tino and Hall who had shown they could play at this level too. I'd like to see him get a chance here, but if daft money comes in, we will sell him. 

I dont believe the 40m fee at all, but isnt this the reason we bought him? So we can upgrade the team big. City do this all the time. Some will turn out really good at other clubs, but its the way to go. 

38 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Clearly it's maybe not proving quite as easy to shift those lot.

Clearly? Or maybe ? Which is it :lol: