NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, Kimbo said:

If it’s true we must have a big budget this summer. I was expecting things to be tight.

But but need to sell asap etc

Just now, Fezzle said:

But but need to sell asap etc

We probably do need to sell but incomings don’t really matter as it amortised the amount for this month will be relatively small 

Just now, Jack27 said:

We probably do need to sell but incomings don’t really matter as it amortised the amount for this month will be relatively small 

Point is they know fuck all

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Anyone seen him play enough to make a judgement?

Eddie. And as proven time and time again, that’s all that matters.

Trafford makes complete sense tbh, and the perfect player to come in and play second fiddle to Pope.

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Trafford makes complete sense tbh, and the perfect player to come in and play second fiddle to Pope.

That's assuming he's any good which he hasn't been this season

I don’t mind the idea of bringing Trafford in. I’m sure Eddie/the scouts have watched enough of him. Probably spoke to Tino and Gordon, possibly pope too to see what they think of him. 

hard to judge him when playing in an absolute shit Burnley side 

Just now, joeyt said:

That's assuming he's any good which he hasn't been this season

the whole team infront of him weren’t. Hard to judge when playing in a team like that. 

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Anyone seen him play enough to make a judgement?

I think there’s a good keeper in there. Seems to have suffered with confidence issues. He’s playing behind a defence which Kompany insisted played out from the back, but they just weren’t capable. A lot of that ability disappeared with Harwood-Bellis not returning. When he got the ball there was never much of an out ball that didn’t result in him having to face a shot 5 seconds later. For £16m-£20 it’s not too much of a risk. Definitely one for playing with his feet. Just needs confidence and probably better players in front of him. A bit of a baptism of fire last season. I would hope he’d learn a a lot from Pope and improve as he ages. 

Edited by Joelinton7

Just now, Chris L said:

the whole team infront of him weren’t. Hard to judge when playing in a team like that. 

The likes of Pickford and Pope both looked good for dreadful teams

Trafford has looked weak as piss. Hopefully we can bulk him up a bit

3 minutes ago, joeyt said:

The likes of Pickford and Pope both looked good for dreadful teams

Trafford has looked weak as piss. Hopefully we can bulk him up a bit

He is 21 fwiw, I think it was a case a bit to much pressure a bit too soon with that Burnley move, and Kompany throwing him to the wolves with what was in front of him, a season or two of being an understudy for someone like Pope is probably what he needs to improve his game, and fulfil that promise he seemingly has.

Said I didn’t want him here. Stand by that to a point.

I’m sure he could be a good keeper in time. So the club could be viewing it the same as Tino and Hall last season.

But £15-20m for a back up who currently, IMO, isn’t very good. Seems mental to me. Especially when we have starting positions and depth in other areas that need addressing more urgently. 

If all the FFP stuff is true. It feels like a waste of money for the here and now and like we could have got a number 2/competition for Pope for less money as a more short to mid term solution. Not a long term prospect and a bit of a gamble at a big price. 

But if we signed him. He’d get my full support and if the club rate him. That’s good enough for me. They have been very good with most of their business so far. 

2 hours ago, SteV said:

Minteh’s only started 17 Eredivisie games. It’s a mad risk for anyone to be spunking £40m on him.

Although, a team like Liverpool can afford to risk it and absorb the loss if he turns out to be Antony-esque.

About a goal contribution per 90 mins as a 19 year old... Nutty any way you try to slice it. Whether that translates one-to-one to PL physicality is a different story, but this lad is a baller