NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

9 hours ago, Checko said:

He was born & grew up in in the UK and claims French nationality from his mum. Seems fair enough for him think he's European IMO.

Especially given that he is indeed from Europe

2 minutes ago, Ikon said:

Think we should stay well clear of Neto. Lovely player though but no thanks. 

He's literally exactly what we need but the injuries are a concern (though I haven’t looked into his exact record to be fair)

2 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

He's literally exactly what we need but the injuries are a concern (though I haven’t looked into his exact record to be fair)

Agree. Would be an awful decision to go for him imho. We can’t afford to take the risk for that amount of money, it would be foolish. 

Edited by Ikon

Just now, Ikon said:

Agree. Would be an awful decision to go for him imho. 

A class player but would be crippled by Eddieball in a few training sessions. We need someone more reliable. 

A player that I think we should look at is Kubo from Sociedad. He is super creative and doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities.

Sign him before the Japanese pre season tour and he will probably lead to massive upsurge of toon shirt sales in Japan.

He has played with Isak for a few games and seemed to have chemistry with him which will be a bonus.

2 minutes ago, Funtime Frankie said:

A player that I think we should look at is Kubo from Sociedad. He is super creative and doesn't shirk his defensive responsibilities.

Sign him before the Japanese pre season tour and he will probably lead to massive upsurge of toon shirt sales in Japan.

He has played with Isak for a few games and seemed to have chemistry with him which will be a bonus.

Sold - Aye gan on then

Signing Neto only for him to spend a significant portion of time in the injury room would be about the single most infuriating move this club could possibly make. 

37 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

Signing Neto only for him to spend a significant portion of time in the injury room would be about the single most infuriating move this club could possibly make

Signing Chris Wood back for me 

Imagine if we sign Lloyd Kelly, DCL and Neto, we'd basically be a teaching hospital not a football club. Would we be able to apply for government funding?

3 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

Excited by this. Would give us a different dimension to what we have. Reckon Eddie could work wonders with his attributes.

1 minute ago, Checko said:

Imagine if we sign Lloyd Kelly, DCL and Neto, we'd basically be a teaching hospital not a football club. Would we be able to apply for government funding?

Do PIP payments count towards FFP income?

1 minute ago, Likelylad said:

Can’t see it just based on the money Everton would want. 
Edwards also seems to be ill informed a fair amount of the time. 

Last year of his contract. They’ll have to take whatever they can get given their financial situation.

IF very cheap and on low wages then I’m ok with it. Even then I would prefer a different route but I can understand if we can’t afford it. Not a fan of this either. 

Edited by Ikon