NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, jack j said:

Don't think I like the thought of signing DCL

Mind I didn't think signing Gordon was a good idea either...

Difference being that Gordon was young and consistently fit. 

If it allows us to get in a top class RW and CB then it’s understandable. Bit of pressure to get those deals right mind given Kelly, Trafford and DCL would hardly be taking us up a level.

2 minutes ago, jack j said:

Don't think I like the thought of signing DCL

Mind I didn't think signing Gordon was a good idea either...

Imagine how the medical team feel

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye let’s sell a prolific scorer and crock for another crock who isn’t prolific 

I liked DCL under Carlo 

38 appearances last season doesn’t suggest ‘crock’ to me.

Great move tbh. Leak these interests, and then sit back and watch Chelsea gazump the offer. Then pursue actual targets once they're spent.

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

5/7 seasons he's played 32 or more league games. If Wilson could have been that available we'd have been laughing. 

Sssh. You can’t shoot down folks pre-conceived opinions of a player with facts…

Really hope this isn’t true. Would rather roll the dice on Wilson being fit than spend a chunk of our budget on him 

4 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

DCL would take up a significant chunk of our transfer budget and become one of our highest paid players.

You're making a lot of assumptions there - what our budget is, how much he would cost (last year of his contract), how much his wages would be.

If he's £15-20m, on £70k/week and selling Wilson & Almiron still allows us to spend £50-60m on a RW it doesn't look so gloomy.

I have never seen the fascination about DCL, literally hope this one is just a smokescreen for something else, would be a rather underwhelming signing in my view.

2 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

You're making a lot of assumptions there - what our budget is, how much he would cost (last year of his contract), how much his wages would be.

If he's £15-20m, on £70k/week and selling Wilson & Almiron still allows us to spend £50-60m on a RW it doesn't look so gloomy.

He’s supposedly on around £120k a week at Everton, he’s not going to take a paycut. My guess is he would cost at least £25m.

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

He's literally exactly what we need but the injuries are a concern (though I haven’t looked into his exact record to be fair)

Watched him at St James when we were linked and it was pissing down. He was getting no change out of our defence and we beat them 3 nil. He got tackled just before half time but you could see his head had dropped and he failed to show for the second half. I think that was the game where Livro walked the ball in to the Wolve's net.

If we get him for £10m/£15m and on relatively cheap wages, I'm not against it as a second choice striker, as he'll give us a different dimension depending on the game. Any more then that, no thanks.

That said it's only Edwards reporting it, so it's probably BS :lol:

4 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

This is the biggest issue. 

He’s been good before. 

He has, the hope would have to be that Howe could enable him to rediscover the kind of form he showed under Ancelotti. A little bit like Rondon was transformed under Rafa after years labouring under Pulis et al at WBA. Seems like a big risk though for any kind of major fee, especially with our financial limits this summer.