NUFC Transfer Rumours

Posted (edited)

Douglas stating fairly confidently that Wilson, Miggy and Trippier are all off this window in the latest tf podcast on new director football 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

10 hours ago, janpawel said:

Gutted to hear Chiesa isn't the player he used to be, haven't watched him lately but he used to be so exciting 

Just a thought, but would people rather we got Chiesa for £20M or something and a attacking midfielder like MGW too... Or we only went big on RW Mbuemo/Neto/ Olise type of level etc? 

He must have been some player in the past as he scored 10 goals last season

51 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Douglas stating fairly confidently that Wilson, Miggy and Trippier are all off this window in the latest tf podcast on new director football 

Good.

13 hours ago, duo said:

What profiles is that? I think he fits the bill well can see Eddie working wonders on refinding his best form

Saleable asset.

Then after Tonali, doesn't it seem suspicious that they are selling him for a cut off price..?

58 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think that extra £40m-50m in the kitty helps refresh the squad markedly, along with the wage capacity.

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Need to be ruthless and refresh the squad maximising any value left in all 3 of them.

Also, I’d suspect all three are in the highest wage category outside of Bruno/Tonali/Joelinton, so if they’re back up options next season, you don’t want those wages swallowed up with little input.

Better to have it go towards 2 top players. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Also, I’d suspect all three are in the highest wage category outside of Bruno/Tonali/Joelinton, so if they’re back up options next season, you don’t want those wages swallowed up with little input.

Definitely.

We need to become more cynical than before and that makes the hiring of Mitchell feel very good. An outsider who can be a bit ruthless.

If I could have a input I would say that having a starting eleven that are elite and then fill the squad with more up and coming players, is the way. As soon as the starting players are starting to drop in quality sell. As said, Almiron, Wilson and Trippier is not going to be starting players and cost a lot. Sell them. 

Edited by ATB

30 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Definitely 

18 minutes ago, ATB said:

Definitely.

We need to become more cynical than before and that makes the hiring of Mitchell feel very good. An outsider who can be a bit ruthless.

If I could have a input I would say that having a starting eleven that are elite and then fill the squad with more up and coming players, is the way. As soon as the starting players are starting to drop in quality sell. As said, Almiron, Wilson and Trippier is not going to be starting players and cost a lot. Sell them. 

For me, it's about having 14/15 main guys. Then 4 reliable options and some youth after that (ignoring GKs). 

You can't assemble a squad of 20 senior pros, on off chance you get a freak injury season, because it's not sustainable for team morale and spreads the quality.

14/15 - Botman / Burn / Schar / Trippier / Targett / Kelly / Tonali / Joe / Bruno / Willock / Longstaff / Barnes / Gordon / Isak / Wilson / Almiron

Reliable - Tino / Murphy / Lascelles / Krafth

Youth - Miley / Harrison / Hall / A.Murphy / Ashby

That's what it's probably like at the moment, so can see straight away in that 14 group, names need moving on as you don't want Trips / Wilson / Almiron wages in that category below. Hall and Tino move up a level, it's 16 in top category. Move on the 3 mentioned (+ Targett ideally), it's room for winger / striker / defender and a youth prospect this summer.

If those 3 leave, we could be looking at 5/6 coming in. I wouldn't expect them all to be ready made though. 2/3 more established and 2/3 Hall/Livramento types.

19 minutes ago, STM said:

If those 3 leave, we could be looking at 5/6 coming in. I wouldn't expect them all to be ready made though. 2/3 more established and 2/3 Hall/Livramento types.

Exactly this, squad would feel really refreshed. 

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, STM said:

Yeah I agree

CB and RW are the top priority this window 

Then a player who can play RB/CB just to give us depth on that side with Trippier going 

A young CM to replace Anderson (Desire Doue?)

CF - to cover Wilson 

so CB - RW - RB/CB - CM - CF for me - an all round refresh 

Edited by Mikky

Howe has said before more than 4 or 5 is disruptive and every summer has had that cap. I’d expect 3 more max, given Kelly and the Keeper are already in. Ruddy seems more like a coach/emergency role so maybe doesn’t count.

There will not be another 5 or 6 incoming for the first team squad.

There could be Minteh/Kuol type immediate loans

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

Yeah I agree

CB and LW are the top priority this window 

Then a player who can play RB/CB just to give us depth on that side with Trippier going 

A young CM to replace Anderson (Desire Doue?)

CF - to cover Wilson 

so CB - LW - RB/CB - CM - CF for me - an all round refresh 

LW :idiot2:

Just now, WilliamPS said:

Howe has said before more than 4 or 5 is disruptive and every summer has had that cap. I’d expect 3 more max, given Kelly and the Keeper are already in. Ruddy seems more like a coach/emergency role so maybe doesn’t count.

There will not be another 5 or 6 incoming for the first team squad.

There could be Minteh/Kuol type immediate loans

Yeah I can see the three key ones at best for the immediate signings, we definitely won't be getting ourselves near the limits this year by getting more. Despise N-O objections to Howe probably not wanting another CM as a priority 

I want Right sided centre back to backup and long term replace Schar

Right Winger who contributes goals and creativity to the attack (obvs i guess)

Defensively minded but technically able midfielder to compete for starting (but probably just in the rotation) but mainly so we never have to rely on Longstaff as a defensive mid again which he isn't.

After that I'd be looking to snap up some promising young players. Optimistically to replace squad ahead who will get sold in future, but cynically the type who we grab for £10m and can sell for at least double that in a season or two to help with the psr :/

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

I want Right sided centre back to backup and long term replace Schar

Right Winger who contributes goals and creativity to the attack (obvs i guess)

Defensively minded but technically able midfielder to compete for starting (but probably just in the rotation) but mainly so we never have to rely on Longstaff as a defensive mid again which he isn't.

After that I'd be looking to snap up some promising young players. Optimistically to replace squad ahead who will get sold in future, but cynically the type who we grab for £10m and can sell for at least double that in a season or two to help with the psr :/

Wonder if Mitchell takes a look at Yousuf Fofana for that CM position - just the type we need - can play 6 and 8 - 1 year of contract left - excellent value for money - can give us a bit of what Bruno, Tonali and Joe give as well as excellent squad depth 

Just now, Fezzle said:

Did think that til you repeated it ha

Yeah wasn’t concentrating - obvious to every NUFC fan RW is the position we need to strengthen