NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

19 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

A kid with potential from the Blades for 10£ million? Not hyped, but he looks like he has potential and heck, maybe he’s the next Ivan Toney.

In fairness he does have a brilliant record at u23 level 

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

The lack of Targett rumours lends me to believe he’s on gooooood money. 

He’s just back off a long serious injury. Probably still isn’t fit yet. Be quite the gamble for any side to buy him regardless of what wages he’s on 

8 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

For me Trippier is an easy sale at the right price point. We have the replacement.  His value is only diminishing. His position requires athleticism that is surely in decline. He’s not that useful off the bench either. 

If we sold him - I don’t think he NEEDS replacing in the squad. Certainly not with an expensive signing on big wages.  

id take £18m in a heartbeat. 

We should’ve sold him in January imo. We knew we needed at least £40m right?

I agree with most of that. I was inclined to sell back in January. Only thing I'd say is we don't know what we were being offered for him. There were strong media reports that Bayern's best offer was about £6m, after initially offering a loan and then £2m - a long way short of £18m. I'd snap your hand off for £18m.

43 minutes ago, 80 said:

I agree with most of that. I was inclined to sell back in January. Only thing I'd say is we don't know what we were being offered for him. There were strong media reports that Bayern's best offer was about £6m, after initially offering a loan and then £2m - a long way short of £18m. I'd snap your hand off for £18m.

Aye fair. I would want closer to £10m. Something that would save us 12m overall including wages and the rest of his unamortised fee.

33 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I do wonder if we can commit to £18-£20m cost this year (60m fee, 5 year contract over 100k) as it stands without a sale.

I'll leave the club to worry about that. I expect us to be far more cautious with PSR, it's one of the reasons we've brought Mitchell in.