NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I reckon I'd hate that transfer more than any we've ever done, including Jogback. Can't stand the diving, hypocritical prick and we all know he'd be putting in minimal effort in a 'been there, done that' sort of way, very much like Michael Owen. The hardest of hard passes from me.

1 hour ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I reckon I'd hate that transfer more than any we've ever done, including Jogback. Can't stand the diving, hypocritical prick and we all know he'd be putting in minimal effort in a 'been there, done that' sort of way, very much like Michael Owen. The hardest of hard passes from me.

And let's not forget he runs like Thelma of Scooby Doo

1 minute ago, Fezzle said:

Here we go again, same boring whingers at it already. Is Gomez not a foreign enough sounding name for you?

Why even waste your energy man?

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Is Gomez a left sided CB ?

He's right footed, but seems pretty comfortable either side as he usually even covers at left back too.

I think he’s too old to buy now (“old”) as well as not very reliable fitness wise. I also don’t want any former damn Liverpool players. Makes me wanna vomit. No thanks for many reasons! 

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

The Guehi fee is crazy, but I wonder how much of a downgrade the back up target is. Gomez no...

Thats what I keep thinking when I see people saying "just walk away". Great idea, so what's the alternative? Chalobah?, Gomez? , a player from the Portuguese or French League who we have no real idea how they would react and adapt?  Not saying we should pay £70M but the alternatives aren't the best.

If we get our two key targets right at CB and and RW then our team/squad is looking very very good . Massively important that the money that goes into these positions really makes a major difference both short term and long term. Ideally in this window, because then we look extremely strong and likely to get into that top 4 which would be massive going forward. We could still make the top 4 even if we only get Guehi, but if we somehow could get a RW too then that improves our chances greatly. We’re now in a position where we are trying to find tune the engine to get every last percentage out. For that we need proper signings taking us forward, and not just improving depth. Also key to keep our best players beyond this season. 

6 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Thats what I keep thinking when I see people saying "just walk away". Great idea, so what's the alternative? Chalobah?, Gomez? 

Agree. All of Howes interviews he talks about being an elite club with a small pool of players (transfer targets). Chalobah got some qualities, but its not a long term signing for Schar. its a massive downgrade from Guehi.

Edited by nufc123

25 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Here we go again, same boring whingers at it already. Is Gomez not a foreign enough sounding name for you?

[emoji38] you realise you lot whinge as much, if not more, than the 'not foreign enough' gang. 

1 minute ago, Ikon said:

If we get our two key targets right at CB and and RW then our team/squad is looking very very good . Massively important that the money that goes into these positions really makes a major difference both short term and long term. 

True. Its such an important season for Howe and the players. All the media (I know) were talking about a transformative window. So far its been as flat as it has ever been. Still got a lot of faith. Two weeks to go..