NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

6 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

The club haven’t been able to finalise the necessary outgoings unfortunately. 

Unwanted players like Dubravka, Lewis, Fraser, Hayden, Targett remain.

Whilst more saleable assets like Almiron, Wilson and Trippier haven’t had buyers.

It has to have been a factor in how we have operated this window. 

That should be no surprise to anyone at the club mind.

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

Dubravka was on the bench against Southampton howe must be keeping him as his number 2 goalkeeper. 

I really hope the plan is to shift Dubs and loan out Vlacho to bring in a capable goalkeeper to challenge for the nr.1 spot.

45 minutes ago, gbandit said:

What’s the evidence for that claim? The fact that almost every game Ten Hag has managed his team have looked like utter dog shit?

They defy logic. Consistently one of the worst teams in the league but end up with a trophy and euro football at the end of every season. 

1 hour ago, andycap said:

Dubravka was on the bench against Southampton howe must be keeping him as his number 2 goalkeeper. 

On this, if Vlachodimos isn't deemed as good as Dubravka by the coaching staff/Howe it's an absolute fucking travesty we've brought him in, PSR wrangling or not.

There's plenty of Forest's players we could have got hold of who could have been of use to us, if this geezer is worse than that jug eared tit there's absolutely no point him being here. As it stands we're still a Pope dodgy landing from him desecrating our goalmouth again, despite it being clear since last January that he's nowhere near up to the job.

(insert increasingly speculative high figure around what we supposedly paid for Vlachy, £20bn wasn't it?)

Ruddy I can get over as he's basically a coach and doing the same gig as Gillespie, but if they haven't sorted this out in a positive way come the end of the window it's negligent as fuck for our season's ambitions. Way too big a gamble on Pope's fitness.

3 minutes ago, Pilko said:

On this, if Vlachodimos isn't deemed as good as Dubravka by the coaching staff/Howe it's an absolute fucking travesty we've brought him in, PSR wrangling or not.

There's plenty of Forest's players we could have got hold of who could have been of use to us, if this geezer is worse than that jug eared tit there's absolutely no point him being here. As it stands we're still a Pope dodgy landing from him desecrating our goalmouth again, despite it being clear since last January that he's nowhere near up to the job.

(insert increasingly speculative high figure around what we supposedly paid for Vlachy, £20bn wasn't it?)

Ruddy I can get over as he's basically a coach and doing the same gig as Gillespie, but if they haven't sorted this out in a positive way come the end of the window it's negligent as fuck for our season's ambitions. Way too big a gamble on Pope's fitness.

It shows how desperate things were. We didn't have the time or the latitude to negotiate on who was coming back to us.

3 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

It shows how desperate things were. We didn't have the time or the latitude to negotiate on who was coming back to us.

To be clear as well, I've still got faith in the transfer dealings we've done and are doing in a big way, there's barely been a mis-step since the takeover.

It may well be we were backed into a corner by PSR and had to take whatever Forest threw at us. I can swallow that so long as we go into the season with a much better no.2 goalkeeper on the bench than the one sat there on Saturday. 

Feel like my last post was a bit aggressive and in the style of the "OI! EDMONDS! NO" character from Harry Enfield. If we get it sorted out before the window shuts then fair enough. If we don't, my anger stands. :lol: