NUFC Transfer Rumours

Just now, Rafalove said:

Why would we need another striker when we have Isak, Wilson and Osula?

Was my first thought too. At give need CB and RW improvements asap then it makes no sense even more.

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Maybe you’re right, there’s just something weird about it. That would be 187m, which would be average pay of 120k per week across a squad of 30.

That number includes all staff, though common estimates put 1st team players / coaches at roughly 80% of that.

But £187m is before Tonali / Barnes / Tino, plus Bruno and Joelinton increases. We’re probably around £200m now. 

2 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

That number includes all staff, though common estimates put 1st team players / coaches at roughly 80% of that.

But £187m is before Tonali / Barnes / Tino, plus Bruno and Joelinton increases. We’re probably around £200m now. 

Baffles me people don't notice mind, like the twitter mob who screamed 'where does the premier League money go' when Ashley was here as though he pocketed £125m a season on the sly:lol:

17 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

Maybe you’re right, there’s just something weird about it. That would be 187m, which would be average pay of 120k per week across a squad of 30.

The accounts are of public record.  It is why FFP cripples us - once you add the amortised transfers on our books, then it is already potentially more than our turnover

1 hour ago, Ikon said:

Even if we were/are looking to buy one or two top class players I kind of thought we would be bringing in a couple of “hidden gems” too. We’ve got Osula I guess but yeah. 

There’s Rory Finneran too, just waiting for the tribunal to determine the fee

Players that have come into the academy this summer

Aaron Epia

Kayden Lucas 

Ezra Tika-Lemba 

James Taylor 

CJ Afumuzor 

Rory Finneran 

Theo Benjamin

Lesecond Yeutembip 

Kyle Fitzgerald 

Mo Sedibeh 

Barca still aren't able to register Dani Olmo - surely opportunity knocks.  If I say it enough times hopefully it'll happen - Raphinha, Raphinha, Raphinha :memeyeah:

4 minutes ago, duo said:

Barca still aren't able to register Dani Olmo - surely opportunity knocks.  If I say it enough times hopefully it'll happen - Raphinha, Raphinha, Raphinha :memeyeah:

Suppose Christensen and raphinha on loan would do

8 minutes ago, duo said:

Think he was just made one of their captains last week. 

1 minute ago, St1pe said:

Think he was just made one of their captains last week. 

10 minutes ago, duo said:

Gundogan was let go for free for this reason 

1 hour ago, Joelintons leg the 3rd said:

This is what pisses me off, loads of teams have made decent signings this season for much cheaper. We could have got Milenkovic who Forest got for 12 Million. You cant complain about not having money then refuse to shop anywhere that isn't Waitrose. 

Agreed he’s definitely one and so was Hujisen, we haven’t done smart business like that for a long time, let’s hope bucks the trend

Chiesa at 11m could have been another steal or even Jonathon Rowe who went for about 10m. Cherki is available for 13m or so. 

quite a few bargains available to improve the squad. 

9 minutes ago, duo said:

Vitor Roque - good shout

Off to Real Betis from the looks of it on loan...shame we didn't put out hats in the ring

10 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Agreed he’s definitely one and so was Hujisen, we haven’t done smart business like that for a long time, let’s hope bucks the trend

Chiesa at 11m could have been another steal or even Jonathon Rowe who went for about 10m. Cherki is available for 13m or so. 

quite a few bargains available to improve the squad. 

Depressing post 

On 24/08/2024 at 10:16, Unbelievable said:

Howe doesn’t make the signings.

i’m not overly worried about new incomings. Would love a RW and RCB to come in, but would understand the club don’t want to overpay (70m for Guehi and/or 60m for Madueke would be ridiculous). If there are no good deals to be done for players who would really improve us I can accept the club going with what we’ve got for a big push in January and next summer. There is no need to but for the sake of buying. If we’re not too unfortunate with injuries we have the squad for European football, perhaps even CL at a push. I do believe CL should be our aim, but any deal has to make sense financially and in terms of squad strengthening.

Transfers are done by commitee arnt they which Howe is part of along with Mitchell, Eales and Nickson so surely a failure in thia window is the responsibility of everyone on the committee.

How do we know Howe hasnt been offered players from Europe by the scouting team but Eddie has said no to them as he prefers PL experienced players, which he has leaned towards during his time here. (14 out of 18 first team signings have been signed from british teams or are british)