NUFC Transfer Rumours

16 minutes ago, Menace said:

Why do people expect Osula to make much of an impact by the way? I'd be shocked if he gets more than 10 games this season tbh

I don’t at all, that’s why I’m not sure we can class him as strengthening the squad just yet.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

I don’t at all, that’s why I’m not sure we can class him as strengthening the squad just yet.

Almost as if you can't judge a transfer window until some of the games, results and performances which follow it have happened. :pow:

26 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Nobody is saying get the bunting out, but I’m not pissing my pants either. And as has been said by most people with an even passing understanding of PSR since day one, we’re not the richest club in the World are we?  

My posts are almost always entirely facetious. 

Don't get got. 

19 minutes ago, gdm said:

Aye very telling he didn’t even get off the bench in the cup

I wouldn't read too much into that, Howe did that mostly with Hall as well plus Isak will be injured in a few games so he will get a fair few games.

10 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Almost as if you can't judge a transfer window until some of the games, results and performances which follow it have happened. :pow:

Nah I can confidently say this transfer window has been shite

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Is “divert funds” a real quote? [emoji38]

I assumed it to mean it’ll take time to get pif to sign off on the change of targets but even that doesn’t make much sense 

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Nah I can confidently say this transfer window has been shite

If that helps you sleep, mate!

In all seriousness, my response to SUPERTOON was mildly facetious - clearly the lack of signings is disappointing. But I think admitting that you've no idea how good one of our signings is definitely supports my general argument that, ultimately, time will tell (... though probably not a lot of time in this case).

Just now, Yorkie said:

If that helps you sleep, mate!

In all seriousness, my response to SUPERTOON was mildly facetious - clearly the lack of signings is disappointing. But I think admitting that you've no idea how good one of our signings is definitely supports my general argument that, ultimately, time will tell (... though probably not a lot of time in this case).

In fairness I only said I personally

can’t say this window has made us stronger than last season because I’ve not seen Osula play. I also don’t think he will play much this season, I still think Gordon will be considered as striker above him.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

It’s because Joel Bland mentioned him yesterday.

Is Joel Bland a serious person? Can't remember.

Nuamah would essentially be a Minteh replacement. Similar profile.

Hypothetical, but what are the odds that if the French defender was going to Saudi was so he could be loaned here on the cheap, that Liverpool, Spurs, etc would go crying to the Premier League, after saying bot all when Forest signed someone and loaned straight to Olympiakos last week...or when Bournemouth signed Ouattara and loaned straight to Lorient, etc?