NUFC Transfer Rumours

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I don’t think Schar starting games at RCB for us has ever been considered a problem before. 

Yeah, it’s not a problem but he is old and injury to him would really leave us short, especially if neither Burn or Kelly can’t play on the right.

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Yeah, it’s not a problem but he is old and injury to him would really leave us short, especially if neither Burn or Kelly can’t play on the right.

Agreed, but TBF that would mean injuries to 3 first team CBs at the same time. Which I think most teams would struggle with. 

Don’t get me wrong, Guehi would’ve been amazing and sorted the position for years. That’s why I understand going after him so hard. But it’s not like there was a burning desire to get Schar out of the team ASAP. 

Absolutely took it out of me this transfer window. Literally can't even be arsed to read who's fault it may or may not be. I honestly think this window will have a huge knock on effect for us going forward. Hope I'm wrong.

3 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Agreed, but TBF that would mean injuries to 3 first team CBs at the same time. Which I think most teams would struggle with. 

Don’t get me wrong, Guehi would’ve been amazing and sorted the position for years. That’s why I understand going after him so hard. But it’s not like there was a burning desire to get Schar out of the team ASAP. 

Everyone would be fine with Schär as the starter but the bad injuries to both Botman and Lascelles put us in an a mess. It’s not a mess if Schär can stay fit and no Europe should help with that but having Krafth start 15-20 games in the league this season would cost us quite a few points IMO.

If Botman was fit we should be fine with just Kelly coming in but that injury meant we needed to look for that elite long-term Schär replacement one summer earlier.

1 minute ago, Scoot said:

Absolutely took it out of me this transfer window. Literally can't even be arsed to read who's fault it may or may not be. I honestly think this window will have a huge knock on effect for us going forward. Hope I'm wrong.

I think it’s the posting that depressed me more than the window. 

1 minute ago, Pata said:

Everyone would be fine with Schär as the starter but the bad injuries to both Botman and Lascelles put us in an a mess. It’s not a mess if Schär can stay fit and no Europe should help with that but having Krafth start 15-20 games in the league this season would cost us quite a few points IMO.

If Botman was fit we should be fine with just Kelly coming in but that injury meant we needed to look for that elite long-term Schär replacement one summer earlier.

Yeah totally agree. 

Actually wouldn’t be that shocked to see Kelly given a shot. Maybe they could do it against Wimbledon. 

And that elite CB search must have postponed our search for elite RW as we didn’t have the PSR room for both. Just disappointing that neither seems to happen now.

Edited by Pata