NUFC Transfer Rumours

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

The opposite for me. He’s on proper money, peak age, signed for good money - should’ve spent it on a right winger. A younger one.  

This aged well [emoji38]

That lack of a right wing option looks hideous in terms of Murphy or Miggy coming off the bench, yes I know Murphy got an assist. Thank fuck we’re now moving to a Barnes and Gordon set up 

6 minutes ago, gbandit said:

That lack of a right wing option looks hideous in terms of Murphy or Miggy coming off the bench, yes I know Murphy got an assist. Thank fuck we’re now moving to a Barnes and Gordon set up 

Just hope Willock can come back - he’s at least another option for the left at least (meaning Barnes and Gordon can switch)

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

You are not paying attention or reading the posts properly, and so you are completely missing the point.

It is a complete waste of time even engaging with you.

Point is, you said 50 millions for Anthony Elanga is not crazy money. I say it is and we cannot be making that sort of deals.

English is my 3rd language, so apologies if I have misread your post in some way. I would say we just disagree on this one.

Just now, KingArthur said:

Point is, you said 50 millions for Anthony Elanga is not crazy money. I say it is and we cannot be making that sort of deals.

English is my 3rd language, so apologies if I have misread your post in some way. I would say we just disagree on this one.

Ah, okay. Fair enough. Didn't realise there was a language issue.

I am already in disagreement with the clubs policy of going after Prem proven players at the minute. This is the most expensive of markets and has always been.

Elanga is coming off a really good season at 21, and so that £50 million valuation is exactly what you'd expect to have to pay in the Premier League. It is not out of the ordinary.

We paid £40 million for Gordon when he had done very little at Everton in comparison. I used that to show that the price is comparable.

If the club is committed to shopping in this market we are going to end up paying a lot no matter who it is.

The issue isn't Forest asking too much, it is us pursuing players at the wrong time in the most expensive market.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Ah, okay. Fair enough. Didn't realise there was a language issue.

I am already in disagreement with the clubs policy of going after Prem proven players at the minute. This is the most expensive of markets and has always been.

Elanga is coming off a really good season at 21, and so that £50 million valuation is exactly what you'd expect to have to pay in the Premier League. It is not out of the ordinary.

We paid £40 million for Gordon when he had done very little at Everton in comparison. I used that to show that the price is comparable.

If the club is committed to shopping in this market we are going to end up paying a lot no matter who it is.

The issue isn't Forest asking too much, it is us pursuing players at the wrong time in the most expensive market.

I do not say Forest is wrong to ask 50 million. So in that way it is not crazy money. But with that money you can get a much better player than Elanga from abroad. And we have to be doing that sort of deals. We are not able to pay 50 million for average players, they have to improve us greatly. Elanga does not. 

With Gordon, you are paying for England International (u21 that time). They always cost more. 

If you for ex. look players that have been moved this season for about 50 million they include:

Douglas Luiz

Moussa Diaby

Amadou Onana

Pedro Neto

Joao Felix

Michael Olise

I would say they are on different level than Elanga. Of course wages are most likely higher.

Just now, KingArthur said:

I do not say Forest is wrong to ask 50 million. So in that way it is not crazy money. But with that money you can get a much better player than Elanga from abroad. And we have to be doing that sort of deals. We are not able to pay 50 million for average players, they have to improve us greatly. Elanga does not. 

With Gordon, you are paying for England International (u21 that time). They always cost more. 

If you for ex. look players that have been moved this season for about 50 million they include:

Douglas Luiz

Moussa Diaby

Amadou Onana

Pedro Neto

Joao Felix

Michael Olise

I would say they are on different level than Elanga. Of course wages are most likely higher.

We are in agreement then.

Just a misunderstanding.

2 hours ago, jonny1403 said:

This aged well [emoji38]

I don’t base my opinions on individual performances.  

He was the wrong position and profile of player. If we achieved our transfer goals he probably wouldn’t have started. We are having to play a LW at RW or a RW that isn’t good enough.  

Separately, I like him as a player. Now we have 2 great options at LW, and poor RW options.  yeh we might as well play them both and not get the best out of one of them.  That’s the best we can do in our position. 

1 minute ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He’s nowhere near ready, mind. Could do with a season in a lower league. 

tbf we don’t know if Miley was ready when he’s given the chance, not saying you’re wrong though

27 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

He’s nowhere near ready, mind. Could do with a season in a lower league. 

I'd hope he'd surprise us if given the chance. But probably needs regular football. Looked exciting in spurts when I've seen him.