NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

34 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

It’s such a short term move and a bad use of money. He’s 27 having one hot streak in a league renowned for poor defending. We have way less games lumped together in the second half of the season. 

Are you convinced we can get our money back for him if he comes in and flops? If so go for it. 

I get the doubts about the league but 27 is hardly old, we signed Wilson when he was 29

If we think he can do a job in this league then it's a no brainer for me, even if we get 2-3 seasons out of him

The reality is Wilson will not stay fit for the remainder of the season and so far we are seeing the increased workload on Isak doesn't end up well either, so another striker would be more than welcome 

31 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I get the doubts about the league but 27 is hardly old, we signed Wilson when he was 29

If we think he can do a job in this league then it's a no brainer for me, even if we get 2-3 seasons out of him

The reality is Wilson will not stay fit for the remainder of the season and so far we are seeing the increased workload on Isak doesn't end up well either, so another striker would be more than welcome 

Wilson was bought at a very different time, it was an Ashley bailout signing designed to keep us in the league. 

We don’t know if this guy can perform in the PL, and it’s a short term signing when we should be thinking more long term. Isak is the main man and we should be locking him down and playing him up front not shunting him wide to accommodate others. As we will be playing one game a week until the summer, we don’t need to spend money on another CF when we have two already. 

I would be looking to sell Wilson for 20 mill in the Summer. Yes hell be 32, but he guarantees goals when hes fit. All teams outside the Top 8 would be keen to have him. 

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

I would be looking to sell Wilson for 20 mill in the Summer. Yes hell be 32, but he guarantees goals when hes fit. All teams outside the Top 8 would be keen to have him. 

I could see someone like Spurs move for him.

He will not be sold for 20 million pounds, none of our pre takeover players will outside maybe Longstaff who we need for HG status.

Edited by GEFAFWISP

Just now, Dr Jinx said:

I could see someone like Spurs move for him.

I reckon any lower half club would be on him straight away - or a newly promoted club with money to spend.  He’s an excellent centre forward - when fit. 

1 minute ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I reckon any lower half club would be on him straight away - or a newly promoted club with money to spend.  He’s an excellent centre forward - when fit. 

Oh no doubt he can finish, he’s just made of glass. It’s such a shame really as he has a 25+ goal season in him based on ability.

Second to only Haaland in goals per 90 in the last 1.5 seasons and responsible for 25 league goals despite the time missed. I think frustration is clouding how difficult that could be to replace.

I’d much sooner want Wilson to see out his career here than sell him for some nominal amount. Get a young striker here to ensure he has adequate rest and he’s the best 2nd/3rd option in the league.

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

It’s such a short term move and a bad use of money. He’s 27 having one hot streak in a league renowned for poor defending. We have way less games lumped together in the second half of the season. 

Are you convinced we can get our money back for him if he comes in and flops? If so go for it. 

Championship players go for the fee being quoted, don’t think it’s a huge risk.

11 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

Second to only Haaland in goals per 90 in the last 1.5 seasons and responsible for 25 league goals despite the time missed. I think frustration is clouding how difficult that could be to replace.

I’d much sooner want Wilson to see out his career here than sell him for some nominal amount. Get a young striker here to ensure he has adequate rest and he’s the best 2nd/3rd option in the league.

Yeah, this is where I’m at with him.  It’s only if Wilson isn’t happy I’d move him on.  We definitely need to get someone in either way, as both our centre forwards are injury-prone. 

6 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Yeah, this is where I’m at with him.  It’s only if Wilson isn’t happy I’d move him on.  We definitely need to get someone in either way, as both our centre forwards are injury-prone. 

I think if your squad planning properly you want to extract some form of FFP leeway from as many players as possible. Given Wilson is 32 and injury prone you have to consider it an option of someone will give you a decent fee. 

I’m not sure it’s logical to take an injury prone 32 yo as a back up at this point, especially if he’s someone you can get a decent fee for. 

12 minutes ago, SAK said:

Championship players go for the fee being quoted, don’t think it’s a huge risk.

I’m not trying to pick hairs but if curious to know which championship players who are 27 went for 15m?

4 hours ago, Charlies said:

Got West Ham written all over Wilson, be a great signing for them for many reasons including not scoring against them any more.

I reckon back to Bournemouth when someone takes Solanke from them (possibly even West Ham themselves)

8 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

This, 100%. He was doing fine last season when his minutes were being managed better. I can't believe how many people are game for selling him. Yes the injuries are a pain, but you can't replace someone like him just like that.. especially if we've got FFP hanging over us.

1 hour ago, ryanegg said:

This, 100%. He was doing fine last season when his minutes were being managed better. I can't believe how many people are game for selling him. Yes the injuries are a pain, but you can't replace someone like him just like that.. especially if we've got FFP hanging over us.

It's more that to me, it really looks like his legs have gone now.  To the point that when he starts a game, he seems incapable of doing his usual pressing, rarely sprints and isn't as much of a factor back to goal or running in behind.  I thought he was solid enough at both, prior to this season.

Off the bench for 20-30 minutes.  I have no doubt he is still ruthless and a great option to give someone a rest or if we need a goal.  But with Isak's injury problems.  It would be hard to guarantee that and I'm not sure if he would accept just being a super sub. 

Fulham is the dream destination for geriatric Brazilians who want to live in London while operating in a zero-pressure environment. Doubt he would have any interest in coming here over there.

Fulham have carved out a niche for taking on old, but experienced players past their prime on frees (or cheap) who they can squeeze the last drops out of.

It's clever business, providing the wages aren't ridiculous.