Dummett

Hendrick

Ritchie 

Hayden

Fraser

Manquillo

Targett

(Longstaff and Wilson)

Fraser seems to be doing canny at Soton, hopefully enough to earn him a permanent move in the summer regardless of whatever division theyre in.

2 minutes ago, Mikky said:

There’s a shed load of players that need binning in the summer 

Dummett

Hendrick

Ritchie 

Hayden

Fraser

Manquillo

Targett

(Longstaff and Wilson)

We can't replace all of those though, so it would ridiculous to let them all leave. Some are out of contract in summer anyway. 

Longstaff isn't going anywhere while Howe is here, unless we get a crazy offer in for him and that's not going to happen.

Just now, Mazzy said:

We can't replace all of those though, so it would ridiculous to let them all leave. Some are out of contract in summer anyway. 

Longstaff isn't going anywhere while Howe is here, unless we get a crazy offer in for him and that's not going to happen.

Outside of the bottom two who would obviously be replaced regardless what exactly says we cant get rid of the others? Aside from Targett(who would be replaced naturally) none have contributed anything worthwhile(ok Dummett in the cup but still) and cost us about £400k a week for absolutely nowt.

6 minutes ago, andycap said:

So another unused not trusted waste on the bench. 

Not necessarily, he's not had a chance yet, so we don't know if Howe does trust him or not. He was sent on loan before we lost Tonali and 3 other midfielders. 

19 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

I don't think we'll sign anyone now and I'm kind of in three minds about whether I'm okay with that. 

On one hand, there's no danger of being anything lower than upper mid-table imo, getting a short term player in now could be detrimental to who we're able to sign in the summer, and it'll take a player a while to get up to speed anyway

vs

With Joelinton now being injured the opportunity to really push for Europe is threatened, so we need someone in

vs

Is it really that important that we get into Europe in some form next season and might we be better off being able to go fully balls to the wall in the league and domestic cups next season?

Nice phrase 😂 can only get it to make sense in my head if Speedway related! 

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Outside of the bottom two who would obviously be replaced regardless what exactly says we cant get rid of the others? Aside from Targett(who would be replaced naturally) none have contributed anything worthwhile(ok Dummett in the cup but still) and cost us about £400k a week for absolutely nowt.

Not saying we CANT, I'm saying we shouldn't. The position we're in now with injuries is exactly why you need depth in the squad. It's far too expensive to replace 6 squad players whilst also upgrading on the players who are current first teamers (Miggy, Schar, Burn). 

So that would be 9 signings minimum, needed in the summer. We seemingly cant even afford one signing right now and those players listed are worth fuck all so we can't bank any meaningful cash from them to make up for their loss.

Edited by Mazzy

7 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Not saying we CANT, I'm saying we shouldn't. The position we're in now with injuries is exactly why you need depth in the squad. It's far too expensive to replace 6 squad players whilst also upgrading on the players who are current first teamers (Miggy, Schar, Burn). 

So that would be 9 signings minimum, needed in the summer. We seemingly cant even afford one signing right now and those players listed are worth fuck all so we can't bank any meaningful cash from them to make up for their loss.

Where are the 6 squad players? Aside from Longstaff, Targett and Wilson the rest have contributed a mammoth 398 minutes of football this season. 107 of those in the Premier League. Im sure the kids coming through can cover such a massive burden

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I know it's the name of the publication, but "i understands" just sounds like terrible use of the English language :lol:

1 minute ago, ads said:

I know it's the name of the publication, but "i understands" just sounds like terrible use of the English language :lol:

me know

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Canny paper; stupid name. 

I was of the understanding it's called the "i" because it's an Independent spin off. 

See its owned by Hitler's Daily Fail now tho. 

My old fella gets it and he's quite progressive for an 86yr old so maybees Rothermere doesn't interfere in this one

1 minute ago, Groundhog63 said:

I was of the understanding it's called the "i" because it's an Independent spin off. 

See its owned by Hitler's Daily Fail now tho. 

My old fella gets it and he's quite progressive for an 86yr old so maybees Rothermere doesn't interfere in this one

Not much spin on the articles, just reporting. Plus I like minesweeper and can usually do the crossword. Job’s a good un! 

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Besiktas allegedly bid for Lascelles.

we need him for the rest of the season but would rather have the £5m or whatever they're offering

1 minute ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If it helped with FFP I wouldn't be too against it. Tino first choice LB, would still have Burn & Dummett as cover for CB and LB.

Means Tripps would get to lift the FA Cup :bluestar:

20 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Without ever seeing him play, I would prefer the Atlanta midfielder.

Almada would be a great addition but not sure if we’ll be in for him.

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If it helped with FFP I wouldn't be too against it. Tino first choice LB, would still have Burn & Dummett as cover for CB and LB.

Best thing to help with FFP is to sell Longstaff - say we buy Ederson - he is surplus to requirements imo

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

I agree that Howe would be against selling Longstaff, can't see it happening either because the lad would be reluctant to leave. But if we are talking about selling Bruno to free up funds then you would think if we got a half decent fee for Longstaff it would be taken out of Howe's hands.

Lascelles going would be the same as jonjo and wood going last year. Leaves us short but needed due to ffp. However id rather him as 3rd choice CB over Burn. 

26 minutes ago, TRon said:

I agree that Howe would be against selling Longstaff, can't see it happening either because the lad would be reluctant to leave. But if we are talking about selling Bruno to free up funds then you would think if we got a half decent fee for Longstaff it would be taken out of Howe's hands.

This - great pro - sadly we have to option due to FFP - would need to be sacrificed I the summer 

25 minutes ago, TRon said:

Can’t see anyone paying £80m for Longstaff. Which is what he’s worth.

IMG_4138.gif