NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

If we're keeping Minteh around, we'd want someone first team ready who's capable of walking into the team?

Aye we need a walking. No doubt about it.

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Jonathan David vs Villa.

Koopmeiners and Ederson vs Liverpool.

Some players of interest to watch tonight against Prem opposition.

Leverkusen vs West Ham should be very interesting too.

Fantastic matches on today.

Scalvini at Atalanta too is worth a watch too

2 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Surely we should be aiming a little higher than Whittaker?

I think he'll end up at Forest, Whittaker 

5 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

Definitely. Should aim to get a big purple.

Edited by nufc123

I’m all in on the English talent, the talent pool in the younger age groups and within Championship is so strong. There’s a reason European clubs abroad have and are targeting those groups more now. 

I’d be very happy if we kept that as a main source of recruits.

5 hours ago, KaKa said:

Jonathan David vs Villa.

Koopmeiners and Ederson vs Liverpool.

Some players of interest to watch tonight against Prem opposition.

Leverkusen vs West Ham should be very interesting too.

Fantastic matches on today.

Circa 50 non-penalty expected goals for Jonathon David from 140 Ligue 1 appearances for one of their better, more attacking teams btw. Not a fantastic return. I wouldn't touch him. 

5 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Circa 50 non-penalty expected goals for Jonathon David from 140 Ligue 1 appearances for one of their better, more attacking teams btw. Not a fantastic return. I wouldn't touch him. 

It's almost like xG isn't some amazing stat or something.

4 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

It's really not. :lol: 

Do you have some methodological concerns, or does modelling latent quantities just make you nervous? 

52 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Nah. He's a good player and knows where the net is. Stop it.

Edited by KaKa

42 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Nah. He's a good player and knows where the net is. Stop it.

I’m not saying he’s bad, but I think it’s pretty unlikely he reliably gets >10 non-penalty Premier league goals starting in most sides. Even with a year left he won’t be cheap, and I don’t think he’s astonishing value given there’s still a perspective he might have elite upside. It’s also somewhat concerning that despite lack of good candidates for a 9, nobody legit has gone for him.

Edited by Jagten

4 hours ago, Jack27 said:

I'm sick of us missing out on good players from the lower leagues. We could have had Lallana, Dele Alli, Lewis Dunk, Olise etc if rumours were to be believed. All of which would have walked into our first team squad at the time they made their new clubs squads. May as well have a go at some point.

1 minute ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I'm sick of us missing out on good players from the lower leagues. We could have had Lallana, Dele Alli, Lewis Dunk, Olise etc if rumours were to be believed. All of which would have walked into our first team squad at the time they made their new clubs squads. May as well have a go at some point.

So much great English talent is down there, because they are not stuck on some big clubs bench, but are all playing loads and improving all the time.

Both Madison and Grealish really came to the fore getting their first chances to play in the Championship.

13 minutes ago, Jagten said:

I’m not saying he’s bad, but I think it’s pretty unlikely he reliably gets >10 non-penalty Premier league goals starting in most sides. Even with a year left he won’t be cheap, and I don’t think he’s astonishing value given there’s still a perspective he might have elite upside. It’s also somewhat concerning that despite lack of good candidates for a 9, nobody legit has gone for him.

I wonder what Isak's non penalty xg numbers were at Sociedad.

As for the price he won't go for more than 20-30 million at the most this summer.

5 minutes ago, KaKa said:

I wonder what Isak's non penalty xg numbers were at Sociedad.

As for the price he won't go for more than 20-30 million at the most this summer.

Isak hit .6 p/ 90 at 20 over 30 starts, which is higher than David has at any point in his career. Isak’s general game is of a higher technical standard, and they are not comparable here. Isak always had superstar potential, which he is now realizing. 

30m + considerable agent fees and sign-on, salary is a lot of money. In our position, it’s do-not-miss money. I think the chance of that is too high.

7 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Isak hit .6 p/ 90 at 20 over 30 starts, which is higher than David has at any point in his career. Isak’s general game is of a higher technical standard, and they are not comparable here. Isak always had superstar potential, which he is now realizing. 

30m + considerable agent fees and sign-on, salary is a lot of money. In our position, it’s do-not-miss money. I think the chance of that is too high.

People were saying Isak doesn't score goals and if he couldn't in la liga, he wouldn't in the Prem, and were quoting all kinds of stats and numbers.

Ever since David has been in Europe he has been a goal threat, going back to his time in Belgium. 

You say this Lille team is a good attacking team, but when I watch them I don't see it. Their wide players are not exceptional, and their midfield doesn't do a particularly good job of playing him in.

On the right kind of team that can take advantage of David's movement and calmness in front of goal, he will put up numbers IMO.

Edited by KaKa

44 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Ederson is just shadowing MacAllister.

Good player - my preference is Y Fofana still (may be a bit cheaper)

Toney available for £50M. Would expect he's off to Arsenal/Spurs/Man Utd but that does seem cheap considering that's less than what Bournemouth want for Solanke (apparently).

22 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Toney available for £50M. Would expect he's off to Arsenal/Spurs/Man Utd but that does seem cheap considering that's less than what Bournemouth want for Solanke (apparently).

Last year, come back hasn't been explosive and Brentford aren't doing very well at all. 

Minus the sale of Wilson (or swap) and remove that & clause we apparently still have (not sure how true) but that could be £30m for us, and a really good competition for Isak.