NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

27 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Does he play RW for Gala? If so, they are apparently about to sign Sara from Norwich so maybe something in this link.

I think they use him all over, but his main position has been on the right side I think.

Sara is a great signing for them. He mostly plays centrally though, although he can play on the right too.

Hard to say if the two are correlated.

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

I think they use him all over, but his main position has been on the right side I think.

Sara is a great signing for them. He mostly plays centrally though, although he can play on the right too.

Hard to say if the two are correlated.

I really hope we are in for him tbh, if we aren’t going down the more creative route for a RW, then this lad seems perfect to play the way Howe wants.

4 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I really hope we are in for him tbh, if we aren’t going down the more creative route for a RW, then this lad seems perfect to play the way Howe wants.

Yeah, would fit in very much with what we currently do I think.

Let's see what happens. Things seem to have picked up a lot, so shouldn't be too long now.

25 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Tonali isn't someone who quietly controls games, and I have long argued we need a defensive mid who can do that, even if it's just for plan b cos Howe's plan A isn't to have such a midfielder, it's all action high pressing players all the way through so I doubt we will go out and buy one unfortunately

Tonali seems to be more of an action man right sided midfielder than purely central. Lots of fast movement and quick passing rather than puttting the foot on the ball and dictating from the centre.

44 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Ditto 

Would be lethal on the counter

38 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Is this the one who played in the Euros with bleached blonde hair? 

yep - it's a smokescreen whilst we go after our real target Arda 

Edited by duo

38 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Is this the one who played in the Euros with bleached blonde hair? 

His attitude and application was outstanding imo.

2 minutes ago, Lotus said:

His attitude and application was outstanding imo.

..but lacked a finish - sounds familiar 🤔

48 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Downie still mentioning Bowen as a possible target.

It's very hard to see a way that a front three of Gordon, Isak and Bowen wouldn't score an absolute raft of goals :lol:

Can only assume Bowen has a release clause or something.

West Ham are spending shit loads themselves, so they may be bracing themselves for an exit.

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Can only assume Bowen has a release clause or something.

West Ham are spending shit loads themselves, so they may be bracing themselves for an exit.

Exactly my thoughts otherwise you wonder how they’re going for both Guehi and Bowen. Mind you stick both those players in the first 11 😂

Edited by ExiledGeordie

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

Really liked  the look of him (and other one obvs) but can’t remember why! 

He was a nightmare to play against. Fast, strong, some size, determined as hell. Looked like he adapted very well to a position that he doesn't naturally play. Thought he was one of the standouts for an exciting Turkish team, besides Arda, the keeper, and that fantastic left back.

Edited by Vinny Green Balls

7 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Guehi-60m, Yilmaz- 30m

or

Thiaw-25m, Bowen 65m ?

Thiaw & Bowen for me. Mainly coz that right wing is so important and I don’t know much about Yilmaz other than a few euros games 

14 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Dont trust the Turkish media at all, and im not sure it would be a brilliant signing either.

He wouldn’t be the top tier RW I wanted going into the window, but for me that player may not be available/possible right now. I’d be more than happy with this lad for where we find ourselves right now.