NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

The Gunners have also been handed a boost in their January pursuit of Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, 26, following reports that Newcastle are searching for his replacement. (Football London) 

Atletico Madrid and Barcelona are among at least six clubs interested in signing England midfielder Kalvin Phillips from Manchester City, with the 28-year-old's future set to be decided next week. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Newcastle United are scouring Europe for possible midfield reinforcements with a move for priority target Phillips entirely dependent on the player convincing Manchester City to lower their demands. (i news - subscription required)

The Magpies sent their head of scouting to watch Atalanta midfielder Ederson in a 5-0 win against Frosinone but the Italian club have no interest in selling the 24-year-old Brazilian in January. (TuttoMercatoWeb - in Italian)

10 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

The Gunners have also been handed a boost in their January pursuit of Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, 26, following reports that Newcastle are searching for his replacement. (Football London) 

Atletico Madrid and Barcelona are among at least six clubs interested in signing England midfielder Kalvin Phillips from Manchester City, with the 28-year-old's future set to be decided next week. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Newcastle United are scouring Europe for possible midfield reinforcements with a move for priority target Phillips entirely dependent on the player convincing Manchester City to lower their demands. (i news - subscription required)

The Magpies sent their head of scouting to watch Atalanta midfielder Ederson in a 5-0 win against Frosinone but the Italian club have no interest in selling the 24-year-old Brazilian in January. (TuttoMercatoWeb - in Italian)

Bruno is going no where in Jan.  

Why out of interest? By all accounts he's been one of Atalata's best players this season, is more a defensive minded player who can also chip in with goals, and can slot into a 4-3-3, and the system we play? I don't know much about him, but he sounds like a perfect signing for our depleted midfield.

12 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

Gordon 50 [emoji38]

We paid £45m for him when he was playing shit.

It was said at the time that we overpaid for Gordon.

I don't think anyone would pay 60m for Gordon, although with what the likes of Chelsea do, who knows. Either way, I'm more than happy to be wrong. The lads gannin no where. 

8 hours ago, Away Toon said:

Hilarious how Barcas name is always thrown in on any transfer

I find it fascinating that even though we have a major midfield injury crisis that we won’t try and use Hayden.

Dont get me wrong. I don’t really want to see him in a shirt again because that ship has sailed but the fact he has 2.5 years left on his contract and we won’t give him a look in says a lot about his relationship with Howe.

I also don’t think we will sign anyone btw.

The reason we won’t play Hayden is he’s played very little football for years and the football he has played has been at a standard well below Premier League football. He’s not exactly shone at that level either. I think if his body hadn’t broken down he would have had an ok career in the premier league with a bottom 8 club, which was us for most of the last two decades however, he’s miles away from both the level needed but also even just playing a bit part role Im sure 

15 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

May I ask why. He seems to be highly rated in Italy. Juventus want him.

Just his profile is very similar to what we have. A great athlete but a limited passer.  We are not evolving the style we are doubling down.  Hard. 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Just his profile is very similar to what we have. A great athlete but a limited passer.  We are not evolving the style we are doubling down.  Hard. 

Isn’t this what we want. This is a many city type player?

IMG_4878.png

We should use what we have available even if they have no future with us. I'd even drag Fraser back if needed he's playing well at southampton. And I know he's a waster but he would be a bench option. 

2 minutes ago, andycap said:

We should use what we have available even if they have no future with us. I'd even drag Fraser back if needed he's playing well at southampton. And I know he's a waster but he would be a bench option. 

I considered bringing up Fraser but I think that relationship with Howe is definitely done.

Hayden I would bring back in the fold.

There could be an issue with an automatic contract extension if he plays another game but that also could be a load of bullshit. I am sure I read this somewhere.

9 minutes ago, andycap said:

Hayden should be added to the squad if we ain't bringing anyone in this window. We only have three fit centre mids he'll give us an option if nothing else. 

Apparently he was recalled because he wasn’t getting paid on time. He is apparently still waiting for Decembers pay from Liege.

So we pulled him back and are to loan him out again because he wants first team football.

He would be cover for us.

31 minutes ago, STM said:

It was said at the time that we overpaid for Gordon.

I don't think anyone would pay 60m for Gordon, although with what the likes of Chelsea do, who knows. Either way, I'm more than happy to be wrong. The lads gannin no where. 

Chelsea bid £60m for him in 2022

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Chelsea bid £60m for him in 2022

Chelsea and value isn't two words you can put together though.

Just now, STM said:

Chelsea and value isn't two words you can put together though.

Chelsea basically single handedly destroyed the transfer market with their 500m spending spree on a pile of shit.

Its bound to come back and kick them in the nuts.

Quite a good read and why teams are not spending. FFP is really fucking over a lot of clubs and not just PL clubs.

Because PL clubs are not throwing massive wads of cash at other leagues clubs. They can’t spend either.

Its like an egg timer effect with us being in the middle.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-transfer-news-january-2024-b2479950.html