NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I don't think there is any panic going on over form, what I thinks happening is a scramble to release FFP wriggle room for Howe to get one player in this window.

Once the window closes everything will calm down. In the summer, there was always a likelihood that players like Miggy, Wilson and others may go. Its just a natural cycle.

Incomings in the summer is going to be interesting. I reckon we could see 200m spent on 4 first teamers, which will be fine if we can shift on one or two.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Onana is decent like, loads of raw potential, but £60 million is hilarious.

25m I could see, 30m in an inflated market perhaps, for them to want 60 is laughable. I'm also fairly sure that it's absolute nonsense.

I doubt we are even interested, we certainly won't be interested for more than we paid for Tonali. :lol:

2 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Mad how quickly Dan Burn has gone from being the Geordie Maldini to subhuman scum.

:lol: I have never said hes anything but an average stand in LB, unless i missed someone else posting that caused this ridiculous post

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Such a massive gap in leadership suddenly.

Not in the slightest.We have an abundance of leaders; there's five in the leadership group so Burn, Wilson and Ritchie would remain. Ideally we wouldn't lose the captain and vice in one fell swoop but leadership certainly isn't something we lack. The dressing room is full of brilliant characters even beyond that lot.

Just now, Yorkie said:

Not in the slightest.We have an abundance of leaders; there's five in the leadership group so Burn, Wilson and Ritchie would remain. Ideally we wouldn't lose the captain and vice in one fell swoop but leadership certainly isn't something we lack. The dressing room is full of brilliant characters even beyond that lot.

I dunno man... losing your Captain of 5 years and then the vice-captain is going to leave a massive gap in leadership no matter who else is around.

Ritchie will leave in the summer and he rarely plays. Wilson probably isn't first-choice either. And Burn is the (second if Miggy stays) weakest starting player.

It does worry me a bit as well, but I had similar concerns when Barton, Enrique, and Nolan all went in a summer six months after Carroll was sold.

If the replacements are quality and good characters, which they very likely will be, we'll probably be more than fine.

It's still a bit grim to lose core components of the team, of course, just as it was then.

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Such a massive gap in leadership suddenly.

Trippier hasn't gone yet, and I think Bayern are more likely to sack Tuchel than up their bid. They are probably getting fed up of him pushing for PL players over 30.

5 minutes ago, TRon said:

Trippier hasn't gone yet, and I think Bayern are more likely to sack Tuchel than up their bid. They are probably getting fed up of him pushing for PL players over 30.

Should have done that before he signed Dier 

Seen a few people talking about leadership on twitter. We've got so many players who are leaders and have good character. BDB, Bruno, Joelinton, Gordon, Botman. We'd be fine until summer. 

This should be top of mind every time there's a link people freak out about a link...

From Caulkin in The Athletic Q&A:

Without naming names, I can tell you about a transfer story I tried to get to the bottom of a few years ago.

I spoke to the agent of a player who confirmed that Club X had an active interest in his client.

I spoke to the chairman of Club Y, the player’s parent club, who told me that the agent was a “lying c***,” trying to make a buck.

I spoke to the manager of Club X who told me that the player was on a list of targets. I spoke to a director of Club X who told me the opposite.

I could have written multiple versions of the same story, all of which would have had an element of truth to them. In the end, I wrote nothing.

The end result for most journalists there is they are writing something, usually because they only have one of those four sources and they need content. It's "true" but far from the whole picture.

3 hours ago, alexf said:

That being said, I'm sure it's more down to financials and wanting to get some money for older players who they don't see as key to the long term project. 

Bingo.