NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Pope won't be going anywhere this season. 

Tosin, Ramsdale and Kelly potentially in for peanuts, wasn't this the squad depth improvements people people were asking for?

Dummett = Tosin

Targett = Kelly

Dubravka = Ramsdale 

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I’m probably completely wrong here, but I wouldn’t be surprised if we waited until after Bruno’s clause expires to do any deals or even finalise our plans. 

Yep, if City are sniffing they're more than cable of activating the clause.

We probably need to see if we can pick up a couple of defenders on the cheap too.

Edited by The Prophet

13 minutes ago, STM said:

Tosin, Ramsdale and Kelly potentially in for peanuts, wasn't this the squad depth improvements people people were asking for?

Dummett = Tosin

Targett = Kelly

Dubravka = Ramsdale 

RW in, Minteh in, Miggy, Wilson out. Back up striker in. Isak/Back up Striker/Anthony as forward cover. 

Keep an eye on Rabiot. He’ll be talking to a number of clubs including us over the next few weeks. Another free although an expensive one.

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Keep an eye on Rabiot. He’ll be talking to a number of clubs including us over the next few weeks. Another free although an expensive one.

His salary is way too high - rather get a younger CM

11 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Can't see it, he's not really what we need and a bit of a tool to boot.

24 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Not the player we need now. Man Itd written all over him.

Twattish footballer approaching 30 and potentially on his last big contract with a twat of an agent - what could possibly go wrong

1 hour ago, STM said:

Dummett = Tosin

Targett = Kelly

Dubravka = Ramsdale 

I posted on it a couple pages back but Kelly is poor and extremely injury prone. Stats show a low level player. Targett is far better.
Ramsdale would be good 2nd keeper but only if it was £15m or less spent which is very unlikely - other priorities.

34 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Can't see it, he's not really what we need and a bit of a tool to boot.

He'd want wages of 200k a week minimum and he's 29 and plays left centre mid, where we already have 74857679 midfielders.

£15m for Ramsdale just sounds like an opening bid. We're likely to have to pay nearly twice that. And I'm still conscious that the big six have yet to sell us a player (apart from that young lad from City, where I don't think they had much choice)

We've made a success of picking up talented players whose careers have taken a dip. Ramsdale could be another one.

5 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

He'd want wages of 200k a week minimum and he's 29 and plays left centre mid, where we already have 74857679 midfielders.

That too.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Cronky said:

£15m for Ramsdale just sounds like an opening bid. We're likely to have to pay nearly twice that. And I'm still conscious that the big six have yet to sell us a player (apart from that young lad from City, where I don't think they had much choice)

We've made a success of picking up talented players whose careers have taken a dip. Ramsdale could be another one.

Ramsdale cost Arsenal 24m and they can't ask for that back because he's not progressed there.

I suspect they actually want rid because they don't want to end up paying the add ons for someone they don't see as first choice. If Raya gets injured and Ramsdale plays, they might have to pay up to another 7m.

If they get an opportunity to cash in for anything north of 15m, I can understand them doing it.

Edited by STM

The Ramsdale move doesn't make sense to me if we're paying £15m+. He'll surely want to be a guaranteed starter, as will Pope. And I don't see how Ramsdale is so much better that it's worth that risk of upsetting squad harmony.

Then again, I could've provably posted this word for word about Pope two years ago so what do I know..

All I keep thinking is if we're assigning money to a 'keeper it has to be someone that is either clearly a No 2 or upgrade on Pope. But that narrows down the suitable options and I guess we have to do something. Because we're fucked if we have to rely on Dubs again to any extent. 

I think a lot depends on how Pope recovers from this shoulder injury. There’s a high possibility he isn’t the same keeper diving to that side than he was or that he reinjures it again. The fact Dubravka is still starting, suggests he isn’t training the house down. 

They paid 24m initially but I also think they have already paid the 6m in add ons which kicked in after they qualified for Europe and him not having to play that many games.  So if that is correct they’ve paid 30m for him. 

Posted (edited)

I don't think we can rely on Pope as our regular number one any more. He's injured the same shoulder twice. 

Besides, although he's a good shot-stopper, he doesn't command his area well and he's poor with the ball at his feet. I think Ramsdale is the better package, if he can get his confidence back - and Eddie is rather good at helping players in that area.

We've also been linked with the Valencia keeper, but there may be something to be said for going British. We may be starting with a very new back four of Tino-Schar-Tosin-Hall and communication and the forging of trust may be at a premium.

Edited by Cronky

18 minutes ago, OhSholaAmeobi said:

I posted on it a couple pages back but Kelly is poor and extremely injury prone. Stats show a low level player. Targett is far better.
Ramsdale would be good 2nd keeper but only if it was £15m or less spent which is very unlikely - other priorities.

Kelly isn’t a poor footballer and is an upgrade on Targett and Burn in the left back position. 

I change my opinion on Ramsdale every other week. I think there's a good keeper in there, but he's got the Pickfords about him. He can pull of a world class save one minute and then like somehow concede the softest attempt ever. I think Ramsdale has said himself he finds it difficult to concentrate for the 90 minutes, which is brave to admit. We do need another GK, and at the risk of striking fear into the hearts of all toon fans across the land, a first team calibre one too. 

I think Nick Pope is physically suspect now. He's dislocated that shoulder twice in 4 years now. He's 32 so should be entering his 'prime years' as  GK, but I'll forever be thinking he's going to pop his shoulder again. 

Ramsdale could be the answer, but at the same time he's going to need serious coaching on and off field to help him progress beyond the mental barrier. 

GK position is an absolute minefield at the moment as teams are trying to decide if they stick with traditional area commanders, or go for the outfield player that might do well in 1v1s. The options are slim either way and the price will be insane. The fact we managed to get Pope for as little as we did is amazing. There's no way we'll get a 1st choice keeper at the level we're looking for anywhere south of £20m.

Mike Miagan

Diogo Costa

Unai Simon

Aaron Ramsdale

Kepa

If Milan can afford Diogo Costa then surely we can - don't know much about him other than he's mint on FM [emoji38]

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, aussiemag said:

I think a lot depends on how Pope recovers from this shoulder injury. There’s a high possibility he isn’t the same keeper diving to that side than he was or that he reinjures it again. The fact Dubravka is still starting, suggests he isn’t training the house down. 

Have we not got any decent goalkeepers in academy or U21/23 we could promote ala Krul? Would make more sense than spending x amount on a backup especially if were as technically skint as everyone thinks?

Edited by gjohnson

25 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Have we not got any decent goalkeepers in academy or U21/23 we could promote ala Krul? Would make more sense than spending x amount on a backup especially if were as technically skint as everyone thinks?

I think Pope becomes the backup. Gives him time to get back to full strength.