NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

1 hour ago, Bimpy474 said:

We're not buying him at all, complete load of made up bollocks imo.

With FFP/PSR or whatever the big 6 fannies shitty little creation is called, there's no way we're laying out £40m on a reserve GK, or for a main GK making Pope our reserves, just complete arse gravy nonsense.

Depends what the situation is with Pope. If there’s genuine concerns about his future longevity, a goalkeeper went from not a priority at all in December, to a massive priority. 

Ramsdale would be a massive let down tbh, the price and the wages would presumably impact other spending quite significantly too.

That said, I think I felt Pope wasn't much of an upgrade on Dubs and the club was right there, so what the fuck do I know 

I’m not entirely sure if numbers are correct but apparently Ramsdale is on 120k/week. For example, Giorgi is currently on around 30k if numbers are to be believed. Quite the difference there already when thinking pros and cons. 

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Ramsdale would be a massive let down tbh, the price and the wages would presumably impact other spending quite significantly too.

That said, I think I felt Pope wasn't much of an upgrade on Dubs and the club was right there, so what the fuck do I know 

That and it would just give them more money to trigger Bruno's release clause. More or less paying them to take Bruno.

Never understood the Ramsdale links at all, Pope is a better goalie than him and it's a complete waste of money signing him, he's a clown and throws the ball in his own net every other work.

24 minutes ago, Ikon said:

I think we will sign Big Giorgi if any keeper. 

By all accounts he is pretty uncomfortable on the ball.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

presumably it’s that 18 year old lad with the double barrelled name who is actually signing for us.

Cozier-Duberry?

Would hoy 15 million at Burnley for James Trafford he's only 21. Great backup for popey. That's the only English keeper we should be going for. 

If we're signing an ADD child to go in nets to wind up opposition fans it may as well be Pickford. Only way he's upgrade on Pope is with his feet, like every other keeper in the world.