NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

I would have some concern with Chiesa - his previous fitness record with our training, historic adaptation of Italian players to England, and his age/wage being slightly beyond the right profile for us. 

However in terms of positional flexibility, work rate and ability he'd be a great signing. Would also give a pal for Tonali.

Can't see it though - I personally think he'll stay in Italy or eventually re-sign with Juve.

28 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

I would have some concern with Chiesa - his previous fitness record with our training, historic adaptation of Italian players to England, and his age/wage being slightly beyond the right profile for us. 

However in terms of positional flexibility, work rate and ability he'd be a great signing. Would also give a pal for Tonali.

Can't see it though - I personally think he'll stay in Italy or eventually re-sign with Juve.

Our training is adaptable, see Wilson and Gordon.

Posted (edited)

I recon we throw out fake rumours to get Bohely to buy the players we don't want :tobey:

Edited by duo

7 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don't Aston Villa have major PSR concerns? Or am I misremembering? I'd imagine something like this would be contingent on selling Luiz?

Would love to rescue Gealish from his current situation but we've no need for another player down the left. 

We should start an approach for Chelsea to but him. Only got so many hotels to sell themselves.

Posted (edited)

£40m rated? If we are offered even half that (plus favourable clauses) you would expect the club to bite anyones hands off

Edited by geordie_b

Just now, geordie_b said:

£40m rated? If we are offered even half that (plus favourable clauses) you would expect the club to bite their hands off

Don’t see why? He’s clearly got something. Should be in our squad for the next 5 or 6 years. Fuckin nonsense we need to cash in

A lot of the so called big clubs loan loads of players out abd then sell them before they've even kicked a ball for their parent club.

If we get offered 40 million for Minteh, you take it all day!

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Scoot said:

A lot of the so called big clubs loan loads of players out abd then sell them before they've even kicked a ball for their parent club.

If we get offered 40 million for Minteh, you take it all day!

Totally disagree. The ‘so called big clubs’ have squads and academies where the likes of minteh wouldn’t be missed too much. We don’t, we don’t have a squad anywhere near good enough to let such a talent go. If he goes to Liverpool and is good he’ll be worth far more than £40m ridiculously short sighted thanks to psr pressure 

Edited by gdm

This is why we identified players like this, ultimately to sell on.  Man City have a whole operation dedicated to it, not that I think it would be anywhere near but £40 million would be insane and a great deal for us 

Posted (edited)

Makes no sense tbh. Need to shift the likes of Almiron and Murphy man. Obviously it’s paper talk but it’ll be so frustrating if that’s how it plays out. 

If Liverpool want him then we should be looking to keep if we want to compete.

Edited by Likelylad

Would people be so happy to sell Lewis Miley for £40m or is it just acceptable coz minteh hasn’t played for us yet ?

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Totally disagree. The ‘so called big clubs’ have squads and academies where the likes of minteh wouldn’t be missed too much. We don’t, we don’t have a squad anywhere near good enough to let such a talent go. If he goes to Liverpool and is good he’ll be worth far more than £40m ridiculously short sighted thanks to psr pressure 

If he's good is the key part there.

When you consider we could (apparently) pick up Olise, Eze, Chiesa for £50-60m, I'd pay the extra £20m for the security of knowing what they are, not what they could become.

2 minutes ago, Andy84 said:

This is why we identified players like this, ultimately to sell on.  Man City have a whole operation dedicated to it, not that I think it would be anywhere near but £40 million would be insane and a great deal for us 

Yeah but is it "fair market value"?

1 minute ago, gdm said:

Would people be so happy to sell Lewis Miley for £40m or is it just acceptable coz minteh hasn’t played for us yet ?

We've got evidence that Miley can operate at PL and arguably CL level. Minteh hasn't proven that yet.

Minteh is a legit wonder kid so not surprised there are offers of £40 million.

We paid what £5 million for him, and so the majority of the fee will be profit.

Not ideal selling, but if it means we keep all our top players I'm fine with it.

There's some great value on the market this summer. We can do very well after June 30th, once the 3 year period for losses gets reset 

Just now, Keegans Export said:

If he's good is the key part there.

When you consider we could (apparently) pick up Olise, Eze, Chiesa for £50-60m, I'd pay the extra £20m for the security of knowing what they are, not what they could become.

If Liverpool and other clubs want him for £40m I imagine he’s pretty well thought of. He’s been very good this season including playing & scoring in the champions league