NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

Just now, madras said:

Is there any actual decent source for Liverpool being after him at that price ?

Only Edwards.

Between this and the DCL link, he knows how to stir the pot.

33 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

I'm not surprised by the story on Minteh, if Slot has worked with him and seen his potential then it's hardly a surprise. I've got a feeling he's going to be some player, really wouldn't want us to sell, but I guess we should do a sell on clause, plus buy back clause and full cash upfront. 

Basically Slot said if the end product is controlled and cohesive with the team and he works on his decision making he’ll be an exceptional player. I hope we give him a try first. I’m sure our staff will have a good idea as to what we have in him.

If we openly pursue Olise, it will pull another club out of hiding because the likes of Man U, Liverpool, City, Chelsea aren't going to want us sign him. He's a player all of the so-called big clubs will have on their list.

The good news is that once Olise is out of the way, it will create a clearer picture as to who are more viable options.

I still feel like Pedro Neto is a more likely signing and whilst he's had his injury issues, I think he'd be class and give us something entirely different.

These things really are a game of cat and mouse. If we can't sign Olise we will have 4 or 5 other candidates to look at. I don't want to say option B or second on the list because I really don't think there will be a bad player on our list.

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I have a feeling the right wing option isn't going to be any of the players linked by the local journos (Olise, Neto and Williams).

The athletic mentioned a July surprise ala Tonali so you might be right. They also have mentioned most of budget will be going in that position. 

19 minutes ago, High Five o said:

One of the best rb in the world, English international and regular starter for Atletico. 😂

I’m clearly joking ffs just found it funny Howe previously worked with his first signing. Obviously it’s not the same you really didn’t have to point it out :lol:

I find it extremely difficult to believe that any club offers 40m for him. Maybe after another even more impressive loan. 

12 hours ago, Sibierski said:

Not sold on Minteh till I see him in a more competitive league. Eredivise is a proper pathetic league, where if you are in a strong attacking side, your attacking output will look far more amazing.

If we signed someone for £40m from Eredivise, probably would be a meltdown in here.

Do you mean like a team that's just scored a record number of goals despite having half the team injured sort of attacking team?

Minteh’s only started 17 Eredivisie games. It’s a mad risk for anyone to be spunking £40m on him.

Although, a team like Liverpool can afford to risk it and absorb the loss if he turns out to be Antony-esque.

I'd test Chelsea and see if they want to sell Madueke who is 22, a RW who actually can use his right foot when required and to me has massive ability and future potential. If Chelsea buy Olise they are surely going to try and sell someone who plays RW and it won't be Palmer.

19 minutes ago, Away Toon said:

I'd test Chelsea and see if they want to sell Madueke who is 22, a RW who actually can use his right foot when required and to me has massive ability and future potential. If Chelsea buy Olise they are surely going to try and sell someone who plays RW and it won't be Palmer.

Proper sick note is Madueke. 

If someone was prepared to pay 35/40 million for Minteh it would seem a very good price for someone who's only played one season in the Dutch leage. That's what we played for Bruno and Botman, more experienced and established players.

He obviously seems a very talented young lad, but maybe a bit raw and untested at the top level. He may well be worth more than that longer term, he may not, but it would be a guaranteed sort out of our finances in the short term and allow us to invest a bit more now, which would probably be worth it.

The flip side is we do currently have a long-term vacancy at RW looking for filling, and who knows, he could be our guy in a year or two. A lot might depend on how our finances are.

4 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Proper sick note is Madueke. 

He played 34 times last season.

We really do need to stop this injury prone nonsense about players.

It's like Lloyd Kelly another injury prone player. Played 25 times and there was a period where he wasn't even starting (a more worrying issue).

Dominic Calvert Lewin another injury prone player that played like 35 times for Everton.... which regardless if it was off the bench or not means he was actually available for that amount of games. Something alot of our players couldn't manage.

On the other hand, Pedro Neto, who I would love us to sign, only played 25 times last season. 

If you don't want us to sign a player or think players are shite, fine but let's not make stuff up.

8 minutes ago, STM said:

Yet the only thing I recall about him is arguing over taking a penalty and having a tantrum

11 minutes ago, STM said:

We need players who are fit, last season was more the exception for him rather than the rule. 

IMG_3476.png

56 minutes ago, gdm said:

I’m clearly joking ffs just found it funny Howe previously worked with his first signing. Obviously it’s not the same you really didn’t have to point it out :lol:

😂 Sorry mate, I am usually not this slow😅