Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

Just now, Turnbull2000 said:

Looked like Villa were bossing it in midfield. Feel lucky to be ahead. Can't see this finishing 2-1.

Yep. Given far too much respect in the middle.

They should not feel comfortable in possession in our half.

Going to have to change things up soon, their inevitable nutkins goal is coming.

7 minutes ago, Smal said:

don’t really see how it’s any different to Pope’s red last season tbh. There was a covering defender then too.

Popes was in the middle of the pitch for starters, don’t get me wrong I think it was a red but it wasn’t the same as popes 

Villa are dirty bastards like. That lean-in on Gordon’s shin from Cash pissed me off first. Knew what he was doing. 

As far as the yellow goes, it was still a goal scoring opportunity. He literally grabbed and pulled him then contested that Miggy dived the twat. He did it cos he knew he would have been through and scored. Should have been off. 

we just need to start the second half with high intensity again and put the game to rest. I said 4-1 and I still think we could do that, but we have been a bit suss at the back with our marking….

Edited by Geordie Boyo

3 minutes ago, McDog said:

Wasn't that for deliberately handling the ball outside the box?

Handball is not a red card offence.

He got sent off because he was deemed to have prevented a goal scoring opportunity.

5 minutes ago, Froggy said:

He has been absolutely shocking. :lol: it definitely wasn't a red on Almiron though. He was very wide, close enough to the corner and there were three defenders back. 

Fun game. 

I wouldn't fancy our chances of defending an empty net, no matter how many defenders are back there. He brought Miggy down precisely because he didn't fancy their chances either.

2 minutes ago, Hank Marvin said:

Yep. Given far too much respect in the middle.

They should not feel comfortable in possession in our half.

Going to have to change things up soon, their inevitable nutkins goal is coming.

Last season at theirs though - giving them to little respect and playing our normal game is how they picked us apart. It’s not pretty but we’re winning (so far) 

Reminds me of the game at their place last season. They seem very skilled at throwing themselves down at the softest contact to get free kicks. We have the opposite of a honer ref today though. Seems to want to give every little thing for them and is letting alot go against us and particularly Gordon.