Newcastle United 5-1 Aston Villa - 12/08/23

Disco

12 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I love your disdain for this bloke and his Twitter threads as much as I do your The Office quotes. :lol:

Well I certainly don’t hate him or anything.  I’ve never met the lad and I’ve no doubt he’s spot on but I just find over analysis like this a real bugbear for reasons I can’t put my finger on. There seems to be such a big fad these days to be really analytical over a game of football and invent new phrases. I see more of Kev’s tweets in here for the obvious reason that he’s a Newcastle fan, but that Arsenal fan the other week who described Lewis Mileys turn as a torso deception was just laughable and incredibly cringe. 

Ive no doubt it’s me who’s the problem because nobody else seems arsed about these analytical threads like :lol: I’ll just put it all down to being on the wrong side of 30. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam

2 hours ago, brummie said:

I'm back!

Worst performance under Emery, even if first half we played some decent stuff.  Reminded me of your showing at our place in that sense. Bad day at the office for us, good day for you.

Not as bothered about the result as I am about the Mings injury, though. He's not just been immaculate under Emery, he brings out the best in Konsa. He's that important for us - missed 12 games under us, we lost 9 of them and only won one.

I also thought him picking up such a bad injury rattled the rest of the team.

We massively miss Moreno at LB as well, not to mention Jacob Ramsey. Digne was awful, I thought  Sounds like he may be off to Saudi imminently.

One other observation - I hope we never see Bailey again. He is fucking useless and lazy with it.

Well done for facing the mucus.

I was glad we didn't have to face Buendia and Ramsey, and obviously Mings going off didn't do us any harm. Got to say though that Emery looked a bit nervy before the game, and I wondered after whether the Buendia injury had got to him a bit. He must have thought he'd got everything in a good place and now it's gone off the rails a bit.

I can't remember where I read this, but there was some idea floating around that Emery had focused on tactics in pre-season, rather than fitness. Might be BS, but with the Buendia injury, and then Mings losing a shoulder challenge to a beanpole like Isak, I did wonder.

2 minutes ago, Cronky said:

Well done for facing the mucus.

I was glad we didn't have to face Buendia and Ramsey, and obviously Mings going off didn't do us any harm. Got to say though that Emery looked a bit nervy before the game, and I wondered after whether the Buendia injury had got to him a bit. He must have thought he'd got everything in a good place and now it's gone off the rails a bit.

I can't remember where I read this, but there was some idea floating around that Emery had focused on tactics in pre-season, rather than fitness. Might be BS, but with the Buendia injury, and then Mings losing a shoulder challenge to a beanpole like Isak, I did wonder.

I was relieved when I found out that Ramsey wasn't playing, not going to lie. He gave us a really torrid time at their place last season, along with Watkins. Villa were dangerous in the first half, but they were always vulnerable playing such a high line, and in the end we could have scored five more.

8 hours ago, brummie said:

I'm back!

Worst performance under Emery, even if first half we played some decent stuff.  Reminded me of your showing at our place in that sense. Bad day at the office for us, good day for you.

Not as bothered about the result as I am about the Mings injury, though. He's not just been immaculate under Emery, he brings out the best in Konsa. He's that important for us - missed 12 games under us, we lost 9 of them and only won one.

I also thought him picking up such a bad injury rattled the rest of the team.

We massively miss Moreno at LB as well, not to mention Jacob Ramsey. Digne was awful, I thought  Sounds like he may be off to Saudi imminently.

One other observation - I hope we never see Bailey again. He is fucking useless and lazy with it.

Poor Mings, man. Seems a proper sound guy as well. Love the second wind he's had under Emery (Fuck Slippy gee)

Diaby is a player, seems like you ordered Diaby from wish/Temu and Bailey is what came.

On 15/08/2023 at 21:57, Dokko said:

Poor Mings, man. Seems a proper sound guy as well. Love the second wind he's had under Emery (Fuck Slippy gee)

Diaby is a player, seems like you ordered Diaby from wish/Temu and Bailey is what came.

Gerrard picked that entire fight with Mings just to be sure he was the biggest personality at the club.

What a dick head.

23 minutes ago, brummie said:

Gerrard picked that entire fight with Mings just to be sure he was the biggest personality at the club.

What a dick head.

Mings probably saw straight through him. Anyhoo, like someone said earlier, modern science means an ACL isn't a career ending injury, just a season one. Fingers crossed for him.