Lewis Hall

Paully

4 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Only a tiny shit stir, but on a recent player Q&A thing they were asked who arrives to training last and one of them said Hall, the other two said Willock ("although to be fair that's because he's injured")

Exactly the sort of thing Howe wouldn’t be keen on. He’s praised Gordon for being the last to leave for example. 

17 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

Maybe this is a reach but it seems that those who were querying his lack of playing time had a point as well, him rotting on the bench whilst we have a whole team missing and not making subs was a red flag. 

Exactly this, there was clearly something amiss when he wasn’t getting on despite how desperate we were, and Ritchie getting on ahead of him. 

The only NUFC podcast I now listen to is the Chronicle one when John Gibson is on, because I do find him entertaining.  He was also saying a rabbit is off with this one.

Plenty of us have thought this for a little while.  We’ve been so stretched that we’ve had three keepers on the bench and literal kids, yet Hall doesn’t get minutes?  It’s not like Howe doesn’t give youth a go.

I do hope if Howe isn’t convinced that we’re not tied down to the lad. 

3 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Wonder if he gets sent back to Chelsea in January (assuming we can cut it short). If we aren’t going to sign if permanently, doesn’t seem much point in keeping him for the season.

There definitely doesn’t if we don’t even play him when we can barely field XI first teamers.

If it is a training / attitude issue, then the lad is bad news (and that’s a massive ‘if’).  Especially given his background - if my son got the chance to play for NUFC and didn’t do it because he couldn’t be arsed to get to training on time I think I’d disown him :) 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

There definitely doesn’t if we don’t even play him when we can barely field XI first teamers.

If it is a training / attitude issue, then the lad is bad news (and that’s a massive ‘if’).  Especially given his background - if my son got the chance to play for NUFC and didn’t do it because he couldn’t be arsed to get to training on time I think I’d disown him :) 

the kid has just turned 19. Surely his parents are driving him to training? 

1 minute ago, ponsaelius said:

Btw it could just be a game to bargain the fee down if the obligation isn't going to be met.

doesn’t make sense, because his development is being stunted. I just don’t think the club think he is worth the 30 mill and think they can spend it elsewhere. 

It can clearly be somewhere in-between the two though. They don't think he's ready to play every week yet, but still see the potential. Therefore angling towards avoiding the obligation and getting a reduced fee would make sense considering the current fixed fee is pretty high. Especially since Chelsea will be banking on getting some kind of fee for him in their accounts and probably don't want him coming back next summer.

Edited by ponsaelius

3 minutes ago, aussiemag said:

doesn’t make sense, because his development is being stunted. I just don’t think the club think he is worth the 30 mill and think they can spend it elsewhere. 

True - and it could also be the case that the club are seriously reviewing likely funding available for next season based upon potential league finish etc.  Dropping out of Europe entirely midweek has financial consequences 

I don’t think it’s an intentional ploy to in pre negotiation. The potential impact on the lads mentality is huge and not worth the risk. If it wasn’t a true concern about him.  

Im a bit ambivalent to the whole thing. I think he looks a talent but more of a midfielder than FB as his history already suggested. He’s not looked a defender so far and is currently 4th choice LB and 9th choice CM (ok i made that up).  That £30m can surely be used in a higher priority position or for a first team ready player. However, if Eddie and the club want him - I want him too. 

There's every possibility that he's struggling with moving to a new city at just 18 years old, like. Remember Willock's struggles when he first joined after living in London his whole life? He was a bit older too. I'll withhold getting the pitchfork out for him being last to training for now (if that's even true at all). 

2 minutes ago, Smal said:

There's every possibility that he's struggling with moving to a new city at just 18 years old, like. Remember Willock's struggles when he first joined after living in London his whole life? He was a bit older too. I'll withhold getting the pitchfork out for him being last to training for now (if that's even true at all). 

He’s also learning about becoming a professional at 18.  

I remember Howe signing Ramsdale and Solanke and it was really 2 or 3 years too early for them to be effective PL players. Could be similar with Hall. 

17 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye he came on in the last 5 minutes. If we didn’t want to keep him and the obligation is appearance based - that doesn’t make sense. 

Exactly, just more people making up more stories to suit a narrative they've created in their head.

6 minutes ago, Smal said:

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

He’s also learning about becoming a professional at 18.  

I remember Howe signing Ramsdale and Solanke and it was really 2 or 3 years too early for them to be effective PL players. Could be similar with Hall. 

Both of these points are valid imo. I think it also makes sense as to why we would have to pass if he’s say 2-3 years away. We simply aren’t in a position because of FFP to wait for players to develop. 

6 minutes ago, patrone said:

All the journos running this "story" after Howe said it's not his decision, in a pre match presser. 😂

Like did they really expect him to go on at length about the deal.

He gives nowt away, does he? :)

I love that he doesn’t - and still find it a little annoying that we don’t get those titbits.  He’s absolutely right not to, nonetheless.