Manchester City 1-0 Newcastle United (19/08/23)

Yorkie

The hope, according to most of the fanbase, was that we went there expecting the team to perform and perhaps scrape a result. The reality... is that Man City put a stranglehold on us from the first minute and we just could not escape it.

They were far superior in nearly everything and their technical ability was unbelievable, they passed around our attempts at a press and used it very well in quick counters.

Surprisingly, most of their good chances were long precision balls from Ederson over the top... oh, and of course Foden's masterclass.

We are a work in progress and tbh we kept it quite tight and they didn't spank us which is about what we all really expected/wanted... It won't be too long before we really compete, patience and trust is necessary.

4 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Not trolling mate, just saying the pressure is on Howe to get something from this fixture and everyone on here has either called me a troll, fuck off, let’s talk about how corrupt City is etc

If you're brave enough to share an unpopular or controversial opinion on here and you support a rival club, you'll get called a troll by a select few even if you're being genuine. :lol:

That being said, there's ways to talk to rival fans, especially on their own turf. It took me about ten years to master. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

So defensive, all because I have the gall to say there is pressure on Howe in his next game.

From a relatively neutral perspective though, there is zero pressure on Howe against Liverpool. Newcastle fans are level headed for the most part and understand they are miles ahead in their project. Losing to Liverpool home or away isn't the end of the world for pretty much any club except City. 

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

Does it feel weird knowing you're not the main antagonizer in this exchange? :lol:

I never am to be fair, I just bite back and get accused of it. :lol:

It's funny seeing another fan get torn apart for sharing what is probably a genuine opinion though. :lol: That's usually me.

Edited by Froggy

8 minutes ago, Maineblue said:

Sorry I meant to say Ake

Ake was available, wasn't he? Guardiola chose to bench him because he had better options for that game.. Man City has that luxury.

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, Froggy said:

If you're brave enough to share an unpopular or controversial opinion on here and you support a rival club, you'll get called a troll by a select few even if you're being genuine. :lol:

That being said, there's ways to talk to rival fans, especially on their own turf. It took me about ten years to master. :lol:

From a relatively neutral perspective though, there is zero pressure on Howe against Liverpool. Newcastle fans are level headed for the most part and understand they are miles ahead in their project. Losing to Liverpool home or away isn't the end of the world for pretty much any club except City. 

Fair enough.

A 1-0 loss away from home to a team who averages 3 or 4 goals every home game is a good feat. We are miles off them, but so is everyone else.

We weren't direct enough, we tried to retain the ball in the final third. trying to keep possession against city is difficult and when you lose it you don't know when you will get it back and that's what broke down our attacks. But maybe that's just a testament to how well they defended against us. We didn't commit the men forward and our attacks just fizzled out.

12 minutes ago, Froggy said:

I never am to be fair, I just bite back and get accused of it. :lol:

It's funny seeing another fan get torn apart for sharing what is probably a genuine opinion though. :lol: That's usually me.

It’s water off a ducks back mate.

Right! Pack it in! I’ve just woke up and don’t know what’s going on. You over there! And you, if you even think you’re gonna be watching the match next Sunday you better think long and hard about your choice of words. Just because I say certain words, doesn’t mean you have to copy them! 

Had that sinking feeling reading the last couple of pages that we were entering WUM territory with the bizarre comment that Howe is under pressure if we don’t win against Liverpool but Hans has saved the day

2 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I mean it's the normal question you would ask a suspected paedophile, your deflection tells me everything.

My deflection about it being a disgusting question.

Dont know what it tells you, but I’m a married man with grown up daughters.

Youre reply tells me a lot though.