Newcastle United 1-0 Brentford (16/09/23)

Disco

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Justice. Clumsy, but never a pen. The ball was basically off the pitch and Gordon just left his leg there. 

Shades of Argentina 98 with Seaman :lol: 

Nah, ball was in play and he took him out. Where the ball is 1 second later doesn't matter.

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

Justice. Clumsy, but never a pen. The ball was basically off the pitch and Gordon just left his leg there. 

Shades of Argentina 98 with Seaman :lol: 

That's exactly the incident I was thinking of.

or Mark Stein diving over Burridge in 89, keepers basically had to take the ball or the forward goes down with contact or dives and a pen is given

5 minutes ago, Holloway said:

Harvey growing into it 

He's been perfectly fine all game, and has put in some dangerous balls. They've got three centre backs in there though.

Players are tiring now so he's getting a bit more space.

Brentford came to spoil and frustrate and hit long to their speedsters. Been very little room.

Should be even better now they have to come forward more.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, McDog said:

Nah, ball was in play and he took him out. Where the ball is 1 second later doesn't matter.

Gordon isn’t getting it and he has dangled his leg there to initiate the contact. I’ll take it and it feels like justice served. But soft as fuck and I’d be livid if that was against us. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Surprised anyones still arguing the toss over whether it was a pen when we've already had a perfectly good goal ruled out.

Agreed but imo it was a goal and wasn’t a pen - the gk knees brushes Gordon and if it was other way we’d be livid.

nothing wrong with goal though

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Gordon isn’t getting it and he has dangled his leg there to initiate the contact. I’ll take it and it feels like justice served. But soft as fuck and I’d be livid if that was against us. 

This, if it's at the other end this place is in uproar.