AC Milan 0-0 Newcastle United (19/09/23)

Disco

4 minutes ago, TBG said:

The xG means absolutely nothing if they don't score though. If we had absolutely battered Milan but didn't score, no ones take away would've been "Disappointing to come away with a draw. Happy to take that xG into the next game though. Phowoaahhhhh"

Stick to humour mate. :tino:

7 hours ago, Groundhog63 said:

The quote may well have been Shankley's and for the likes of him, Clough, Revie, Paisley of the old guard football probably was simple. 

Any subject is simple to geniuses, tbf

I get TCD's point if he meant these former manager pundits on sports media now who were relatively shit but still come out with the "simple game" schtick

Agreed generally, though I understand Clough in particular really did think this - his coaching and team selection have become public knowledge via ex-players, and they’ve pretty much confirmed just how simple he kept it. 

22 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Aye. I’m in the same boat. I know next to nowt about football, started getting into it a bit more since I bought BT Sports for the CL like. People on here seem to know the ins and outs of the game, talking about double pivots and fuck knows whatever else. Nowt wrong with that at all like. 

TCD clearly knows his stuff, it’s just the way he delivers his posts that rub people up the wrong way I think. 

I've been in disagreement quite a lot with TCD over football ideas in the last few years, but I actually quite like reading his stuff. It's just opinion about the game, at least it's never personal or pedantic stuff which can get boring real quick when it's delivered in all seriousness.

1 hour ago, TRon said:

I've been in disagreement quite a lot with TCD over football ideas in the last few years, but I actually quite like reading his stuff. It's just opinion about the game, at least it's never personal or pedantic stuff which can get boring real quick when it's delivered in all seriousness.

Second me on that.  I enjoy TCD’s posts, including the ones I disagree with.  TCD tends to take ‘push back’ on his views in good part. 

Glad Arturo Vidal enjoyed it:

Those fools from Milan with Newcastle left me sick. I don't understand Newcastle, they are fourth in the league (last season), but they don't do anything, disgusting. They are lucky because they only know how to run, otherwise they wouldn’t be there.