AC Milan 0-0 Newcastle United (19/09/23)

Disco

Just now, Curva Sud Milano said:

yes, at that moment he acted like a dickhead but Gattuso was like that... you couldn't reason with him when his brains went crazy. In San Siro all the "old" fans booed him.

It was awful. My little sister started crying and my dad threw up. 

Are you coming to St James for the away game?

3 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Are you coming to St James for the away game?

I hope, I have to argue with my daughter about going on an away game but I told her it will be a peaceful trip [emoji38].

She never wants me to go to Greece or Serbia/Croatia for example but England, Spain and France are always quiet places for matches.

I hope, I have to argue with my daughter about going on an away game but I told her it will be a peaceful trip [emoji38].

She never wants me to go to Greece or Serbia/Croatia for example but England, Spain and France are always quiet places for matches.

Sounds like you get around a lot supporting Milan. Fair play. Shevchenko was one of my favourites growing up, that move to Chelsea killed him. And obviously Seedorf, what a player. 

17 minutes ago, Wandy said:

The comments section on Craig Hope's youtube reaction video is absolute AIDS. Do we really have so many wankers in our ranks? Doesn't bear thinking about what this lot will be like in a few years' time.

that’s YouTube and social media. Always been this way but getting worse. 

You get good and bad everywhere but over 35 years of watching our team home and away I’ve met 10 times more canny people than wranguns 

17 minutes ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

it’s probably related to your proximity or the clubs we / you’ve played but Athens and Belgrade were decent in my experience. I didn’t go but Palermo was a bit hairy but we only took a few taxis full so easy pickings for the Sicilian heed the baals

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Sounds like you get around a lot supporting Milan. Fair play. Shevchenko was one of my favourites growing up, that move to Chelsea killed him. And obviously Seedorf, what a player. 

Think the final killed Shevchenko, especially missing that penalty. That 2005 group of players was very good, and looked unbeatable untill that fiasko in the final. My favourite player growing up was Van Basten, what a player!

1 hour ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

From '84 to '90 I saw all of Milan's away matches... from Palermo to Gothenburg (I only skipped Tokyo for the two intercontinental finals), then I started working and I skipped many of them.

1 hour ago, OCOCOL said:

it’s probably related to your proximity or the clubs we / you’ve played but Athens and Belgrade were decent in my experience. I didn’t go but Palermo was a bit hairy but we only took a few taxis full so easy pickings for the Sicilian heed the baals

Palermo was safe, Catania is more dangerous in Sicily. In the 80s and 90s the most dangerous were Bergamo - Verona - Rome (Roma and Lazio) and Milano (MIlan).

16 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Think the final killed Shevchenko, especially missing that penalty. That 2005 group of players was very good, and looked unbeatable untill that fiasko in the final. My favourite player growing up was Van Basten, what a player!

We had a lot of champions at least until 2010 but none like Franco Baresi... a true legend as a man and as a footballer.

Sadly, AC Milan today is only a pale memory of what it once was.

12 minutes ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

We had a lot of champions at least until 2010 but none like Franco Baresi... a true legend as a man and as a footballer.

Sadly, AC Milan today is only a pale memory of what it once was.

Thats true, there where a lot of champions untill 2010ish. But still the group of 2005 was the last world class team that looked unbeatable, the tactics, the play everything was just right at the time and even when they won the final in 2007 they didnt look as good as in 2005.

Baresi was a true legend, the 88-90s was a group of ubeliavable players. But still Van Basten got me on the edge of the seat, think Sacchi said it best: "No other forward has worked as hard for the team as Marco did at Milan. Above all, however, I remember him for his elegance, his grace and his incredible ability."

13 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Thats true, there where a lot of champions untill 2010ish. But still the group of 2005 was the last world class team that looked unbeatable, the tactics, the play everything was just right at the time and even when they won the final in 2007 they didnt look as good as in 2005.

You're right, the 2004 and 2005 AC Milan were better than the 2007 team... but Sacchi's Milan were unplayable, never seen a similar team since then.

My father's (born in 1930 and football fanatic) personal ranking of the most beautiful teams to watch:

1) Real Madrid of Gento Puskas and Di Stefano late 50s

2) "Grande Torino" late 1940s

3) Sacchi's Milan

4) Cruijff's Ajax

@Curva Sud Milano

Benvenuti!

Do you know much about the Milano Ultras and how many are actively involved in preparing displays etc.? Obviously you just got beat in the local Derby a few days ago but to have prepared a display that size for last night must have taken a lot of helpers? Presumably there was also a large display at the weekend too (albeit it may have been for the Nerazzuri) so there'd have to have been a clear up from that as well. Finally, do they have a membership scheme or how do they operate to be able to put on such large scale displays?

The wife's family are a mix of Milano and Inter fans. So there was mixed emotions in her family both at the weekend and last night, especially now she's married into the Geordie bianconeri too! :lol:

19 minutes ago, Begbie said:

Baresi was a true legend, the 88-90s was a group of ubeliavable players. But still Van Basten got me on the edge of the seat, think Sacchi said it best: "No other forward has worked as hard for the team as Marco did at Milan. Above all, however, I remember him for his elegance, his grace and his incredible ability."

“Franco was the best player I have ever played with. The guy was world class to his core. He had everything – pace, two feet, and he was a leader of men. I remember the first time I trained with him at Milan, I couldn’t believe my eyes; I thought, “Christ, he is unbelievable.” He was a joy to play with.” — Ray Wilkins

An anecdote that you surely don't know about Van Basten and Sacchi...Sacchi was a great coach but he was also arrogant and presumptuous, he often argued with van Basten in training sessions until one day Sacchi called Berlusconi and warned him "President choose.. . me or Van Basten, we can't be together." Obviously Berlusconi sent him away :lol:.

4 minutes ago, Heron said:

@Curva Sud Milano

Benvenuti!

Do you know much about the Milano Ultras and how many are actively involved in preparing displays etc.? Obviously you just got beat in the local Derby a few days ago but to have prepared a display that size for last night must have taken a lot of helpers? Presumably there was also a large display at the weekend too (albeit it may have been for the Nerazzuri) so there'd have to have been a clear up from that as well. Finally, do they have a membership scheme or how do they operate to be able to put on such large scale displays?

The wife's family are a mix of Milano and Inter fans. So there was mixed emotions in her family both at the weekend and last night, especially now she's married into the Geordie bianconeri too! :lol:

for complicated choreographies to create it takes several weeks of work and around 80/90 people, obviously you don't work on the choreography every day but those are the times. For some choreographies, many years ago, we had prepared three months in advance. Yesterday's one, for example, was very easy and can be prepared in a very short time.

for complicated choreographies to create it takes several weeks of work and around 80/90 people, obviously you don't work on the choreography every day but those are the times. For some choreographies, many years ago, we had prepared three months in advance. Yesterday's one, for example, was very easy and can be prepared in a very short time.

It was very impressive last night. Especially given the short turn around. In the UK it's a different kinda fan I think. There's less of the choreographed stuff and more just noise, generally, certainly in England. However, its become very stale and sanitised.

It's difficult to get mass participation for more choreographed and ambitious displays we have found, and we have around a third of the numbers with regards to the main core of our group, but it's not so much an Ultra mentality only a fans group if that makes sense?

Keen to see the Dortmund and PSG displays too, hopefully we can take something from them all and learn.

7 minutes ago, Heron said:

It was very impressive last night. Especially given the short turn around. In the UK it's a different kinda fan I think. There's less of the choreographed stuff and more just noise, generally, certainly in England. However, its become very stale and sanitised.

It's difficult to get mass participation for more choreographed and ambitious displays we have found, and we have around a third of the numbers with regards to the main core of our group, but it's not so much an Ultra mentality only a fans group if that makes sense?

Keen to see the Dortmund and PSG displays too, hopefully we can take something from them all and learn.

in the 90s a friend from London ( Chelsea fan) often came to visit me in Milan. Every time he entered the Curva at San Siro he showed me his arms and had goosebumps :lol:

1 minute ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

in the 90s a friend from London ( Chelsea fan) often came to visit me in Milan. Every time he entered the Curva at San Siro he showed me his arms and had goosebumps :lol:

Are you considering a trip to Newcastle?

51 minutes ago, Curva Sud Milano said:

I was there years ago, Newcastle-Chelsea, Shearer and Pistone with u...Newcastle won 2 or 3-1. Di Matteo scored for Chelsea.

That doesn't answer the question and it's different going with "your" team.