Sheffield United Vs Newcastle United 24/09/23 @ 16:30 (Sky Sports)

18 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Little bit baffled Tonali isnt starting

Game on Wednesday against Man City, you would now expect him to start that. They don't play that many games so quickly in Italy with no League Cup there, bit of Eddie managing the lads workload i would guess.

2 minutes ago, toon25 said:

Anderson has contributed absolutely nothing since getting into the first team.

Needs a performance today 

He's been absolutely fine since he's been in the team like, while he's not been spectacular, he's not looked bad at all.

Not sure why people are so keen to bring down our best youth prospect in a decade :lol:

1 minute ago, 54 said:

He's been absolutely fine since he's been in the team like, while he's not been spectacular, he's not looked bad at all.

Not sure why people are so keen to bring down our best youth prospect in a decade :lol:

I also don’t think he’s playing in his best position? I assumed he was a number 10 or wide left player?

1 minute ago, 54 said:

Probably skepticism over whether the second part is true. Personally, he seems like a decent progressive carrier but I'm not sure there's a huge amount else. 

4 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Game on Wednesday against Man City, you would now expect him to start that. They don't play that many games so quickly in Italy with no League Cup there, bit of Eddie managing the lads workload i would guess.

Probably the injury and little training sessions. Didnt play against Brentford and didnt play the full game against Milan so it cant be that.

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

No-one said anything about Miley.

This is another thing I don't understand, people seem to big up Miley and rate him higher then Anderson, but Anderson looked better in pre-season and shown more the Miley ever has.

2 minutes ago, Jagten said:

Probably skepticism over whether the second part is true. Personally, he seems like a decent progressive carrier but I'm not sure there's a huge amount else. 

He's 20 and hasn't looked out of place in a team that finishes 4th last season, not sure what else he could have done?

33 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Hopefully Longstaff is the sitter/cdm/pivot/anchor/makelele 

Doubt it. He's usually played on the right of centre midfield so will be a straight swap for Tonali. I think he's not considered safe enough to bring the ball out playing as a deep lying midfielder.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

He's 20 and hasn't looked out of place in a team that finishes 4th last season, not sure what else he could have done?

This is not how you evaluate players or their profiles. 

Edited by Jagten

4 minutes ago, 54 said:

This is another thing I don't understand, people seem to big up Miley and rate him higher then Anderson, but Anderson looked better in pre-season and shown more the Miley ever has.

Think Miley's looked great personally, very composed on the ball, hasn't looked out of place at all when he's played.

Just now, Jagten said:

This is not how you evaluate players or their profiles. 

What? All I said was he hasn't looked out of place at this level, despite being 20 and still learning, the hell is wrong with that? :lol: 

I've only been impressed with Anderson at PL level once, away at Forest last season when he come on at half time. He was on the left of the front 3 for that second half rather than in midfield.

He has loads on his side though and he should only improve.

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

Probably the injury and little training sessions. Didnt play against Brentford and didnt play the full game against Milan so it cant be that.

Whatever the reasoning i've no doubt it's the manager managing the player workload and picking games he may be more suited too. It's nice to be able to do that, shame the two Joe's aren't available to see the rotation in much more flow.

Just now, TRon said:

Think Miley's looked great personally, very composed on the ball, hasn't looked out of place at all when he's played.

I agree with this for what it's worth, he's looked good, it's just so has Anderson, and people seem to cream over Miley, and seemingly want to bring Anderson down continually. 

Just now, 54 said:

What? All I said was he hasn't looked out of place at this level, despite being 20 and still learning, the hell is wrong with that? :lol: 

Your argument in support of Anderson is that he looked OK in a team that did well. I'm saying I don't think that means anything. The same is true of eg van de Beek. 

1 minute ago, 54 said:

I agree with this for what it's worth, he's looked good, it's just so has Anderson, and people seem to cream over Miley, and seemingly want to bring Anderson down continually. 

I think Anderson has found it difficult to get past defenders at this level, he quite often seems to run directly into them. But he does have a go and try to make things happen, just shouldn't expect too much from a lad who was playing at a much lower level not long ago.

1 minute ago, Jagten said:

Your argument in support of Anderson is that he looked OK in a team that did well. I'm saying I don't think that means anything. The same is true of eg van de Beek. 

And I think your argument doesn't mean anything either...

Steve Coogan Shrug GIF