Sheffield United 0-8 Newcastle United (24/09/23)

Disco

Hello! Sheffield United supporter here. I have tried to start a new thread as I want what I’m writing here to be seen but unfortunately I can’t fathom out how to do it. I presume it’s not letting me due to me only just joining the forum and not having a history with it.

I’d just like to thank all Newcastle supporters for your amazing support on Sunday. Not only were you loud and proud but the respect shown to Maddy was nothing short of amazing. 

You cut short your loud pre match singing to join in with an amazing minutes silence and then joined in, to a man/woman, with the round of applause on the 8th minute. Not only clapping but enthusiastically clapping. It’s was truly great to see.

Before, during and after the game there was no trouble whatsoever. Bumped into some fans pre and post game and had a great chat with some of you.

I don’t know whether it’s cos we’re both predominantly northern industrial Cities or the fact you’ve not always been good yourselves but the “chin up pal, we’ve been there” comments were aplenty 🤣

Best fans at the lane for years. I wish you loads of luck for the rest of the season. Up the blades, it’s going to be a long old season

Edited by Blade1889

Amazing to read about the conduct of our fans. The away following really does seem to do the club proud.

You're correct re the thread-making @Blade1889, but by all means stick around. Always good to have fans of other clubs about the place for those alternative perspectives. 

1 hour ago, Blade1889 said:

Hello! Sheffield United supporter here. I have tried to start a new thread as I want what I’m writing here to be seen but unfortunately I can’t fathom out how to do it. I presume it’s not letting me due to me only just joining the forum and not having a history with it.

I’d just like to thank all Newcastle supporters for your amazing support on Sunday. Not only were you loud and proud but the respect shown to Maddy was nothing short of amazing. 

You cut short your loud pre match singing to join in with an amazing minutes silence and then joined in, to a man/woman, with the round of applause on the 8th minute. Not only clapping but enthusiastically clapping. It’s was truly great to see.

Before, during and after the game there was no trouble whatsoever. Bumped into some fans pre and post game and had a great chat with some of you.

I don’t know whether it’s cos we’re both predominantly northern industrial Cities or the fact you’ve not always been good yourselves but the “chin up pal, we’ve been there” comments were aplenty 🤣

Best fans at the lane for years. I wish you loads of luck for the rest of the season. Up the blades, it’s going to be a long old season

I like this one can we keep him [emoji38]

Seriously tho goodluck for the future dude

2 hours ago, Blade1889 said:

And you really showed your respect for Maddy by scoring 8 goals 🤣

And you really showed your respect for our appreciation of Maddy by pelting our players with bottles of water. :pilko:

Nah, only half serious, I realise it will only have been some knackers, but still a shit way to carry on, hope your club took some action against the bell ends responsible.

• 5 months later...

I was looking at the league tables/results of us from years ago and had to bump this thread.

Back in the 80/81 season in the old division 2 we scored a grand total of 8 goals away from home in 21 matches, and 3 of them were in one game. We failed to score in 16 of the 21 games. Any old bastards on here go to many of the away games that season?

1 hour ago, Beth said:

I was looking at the league tables/results of us from years ago and had to bump this thread.

Back in the 80/81 season in the old division 2 we scored a grand total of 8 goals away from home in 21 matches, and 3 of them were in one game. We failed to score in 16 of the 21 games. Any old bastards on here go to many of the away games that season?

I was at the one where we scored 3 times. My first away game, Preston. 

2 minutes ago, madras said:

I was at the one where we scored 3 times. My first away game, Preston. 

Lucky you, you saw 37.5% of our away goals that season in a single game.

9 minutes ago, Beth said:

Lucky you, you saw 37.5% of our away goals that season in a single game.

Not so lucky as I also saw every home game.

34 minutes ago, madras said:

Not so lucky as I also saw every home game.

Come on, you saw a proverbial goalfest in the 3-1 win over Orient in the final game. Christ 30 goals in 42 games that season, yet we still finished mid-table.

Edit: And 5 of the 30 were against Preston.

Edited by Beth

6 minutes ago, Beth said:

Come on, you saw a proverbial goalfest in the 3-1 win over Orient in the final game. Christ 30 goals in 42 games that season, yet we still finished mid-table.

Bobby Shinton top scorer with 7 and I don't think he scored after Christmas. Had high hopes for Mick Harford (debut on Boxing day at Grimsby..... my 2nd away game).

32 minutes ago, Beth said:

Have a look at Man City’s home record in 06/07 season.

10 minutes ago, SteV said:

Have a look at Man City’s home record in 06/07 season.

10 in 19 home games, horrific considering where they are now.