NUFC Injuries and Suspensions

16 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Mings and Henry have also done their ACL at SJP, it's a stretch, but anything going on with the pitch?

Something worth investigating for sure, I’ve noticed our players always seem to slip, I originally thought this was because they were wearing the wrong studs but maybe there’s more to it. 

Be worse by the end of the season. Plus doesn't even count Tonali I'm guessing.

Look at the contrast between us and West ham and we are only a point behind them.

4 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Interesting views on our pre season in America, hopefully we don’t repeat the mistakes this season.

Yeah, hopefully not too much travel and the guys can relax after the Brentford game.....

10 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Interesting views on our pre season in America, hopefully we don’t repeat the mistakes this season.

I do really buy it when the other teams like villa went to America and didn't have the same Injury issues

4 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

I do really buy it when the other teams like villa went to America and didn't have the same Injury issues

Had 3/4 ACLs haven’t they ?

8 minutes ago, RobsonsWonderland said:

Other two were Brighton and Chelsea weren’t they?

IMG_0643.thumb.jpeg.f8f32a37496c9defc9baa91a1c2e831b.jpeg

Who wins: 

Newcastle Injured XI: 

Pope

Trippier Botman Lascelles Livramento

Miley    Tonali  Joelinton

Miggy             Wilson                   Willock

Subs: 

Hall

Targett

Newcastle Likely XI vs Spurs:

Dubravka

Murphy    Krafth     Schar         Burn         

Longstaff Bruno  Anderson  

Gordon              Isak             Barnes

Subs:

Dummett

Ritchie

White 

Karius

Howe sounded quite downbeat about Targett’s injury today. 

Sounds like there’s a good chance that’s him for the season.

On 06/11/2023 at 19:02, Lish007 said:

So in 2/3 months we will have a full  squad again 😁

A bit random this, but this one aged well.:lol: If only this post was true.

Edited by Erikse

On 11/04/2024 at 09:07, Jack27 said:

Can't read the article, but.. Some friend told me that they think it's partly a delayed effect of last season. Our players did go through a real strain last season to be fair, with minimal roation and intense gameplay throughout. It was necessary to get us to the top 4 for sure, but delayed effect can be real. I remember an article about the injuries in the Premier League in relation to the mid season World Cup and the following fixture congestion, like a hangover that happened this season. I'm sure the added minutes to each game also plays a huge role. And I'm talking about PL injuries in general, ours is obviously highly abnormal regardless, also relative to the rest of the teams this season. But the point is that delayed effects can be real.

Edited by Erikse

14 minutes ago, Erikse said:

A bit random this, but this one aged well.:lol: If only this post was true.

It's been bumped about 3 times now hahaha

1 minute ago, Lish007 said:

It's been bumped about 3 times now hahaha

I haven't seen it.:lol: You were truly optimistic there, you just didn't know it.

Edited by Erikse

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

I haven't seen it.:lol: You were truly optimistic there, you just didn't know it.

I really felt it!! I won't be so sure next time. Another trauma to get over as a newcastle fan haha 

On another note.. About Targett: how many times has a player been injured shortly after coming back this season? Or get a reccurrence? Won't count Murphy because that was calculated.

Isak x3

Willock x3

Joelinton x2

Barnes

Wilson (ofcourse, will just count him for 1 since it's him, but in reality it's probably 3 or something:lol:)

Targett

Botman

So, on about 12 occasions players has been injured once again right after coming back from injury, or experienced a reccurence from a previous injury.

Edited by Erikse

16 minutes ago, Erikse said:

On another note.. About Targett: how many times has a player been injured shortly after coming back this season? Or get a reccurrence? Won't count Murphy because that was calculated.

Isak x3

Willock x3

Joelinton x2

Barnes

Wilson (ofcourse, will just count him for 1 since it's him, but in reality it's probably 3 or something:lol:)

Targett

Botman

So, on about 12 occasions players has been injured once again right after coming back from injury, or experienced a reccurence from a previous injury.

As Howe has said, this is the problem when you have so many injuries, you end up playing players who are ‘fit’ but could probably do with a bit longer to be on the safe side. Then because you’re having to do it all the time, it eventually comes back to bite you.

The alternative being more minutes for the likes of Richie and Dummett, which everyone goes mad about.