Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 11/11/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

5 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Would love to know what the diagnosis is. What kind of knee complaint would be undefinable? If it was ligaments they’d know surely? Or are they just keeping it hush hush?

It's a bit concerning isn't it. Hopefully they're just keeping things in house and he's recovering. Half expecting an announcement that he now needs surgery, but I'm a pessimist.

23 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

It's a bit concerning isn't it. Hopefully they're just keeping things in house and he's recovering. Half expecting an announcement that he now needs surgery, but I'm a pessimist.

Probably a lot of swelling in the ligaments. Maybe They don’t think there is a tear but the swelling needs to go down before he does anything or it’ll aggravate it and tear. The risk is the swelling goes down and they find there is damage and need to operate anyway

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

I get that we can't sign both. But maybe a loan deal with obligation is possible.

Be lucky to get one to be honest, its not like the club isnt aware that we need players. Just impossible to do it at the speed some fans want to

3 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Be lucky to get one to be honest, its not like the club isnt aware that we need players. Just impossible to do it at the speed some fans want to

Also depends wether we feel like we can buy a cheaper option just for the rotation or if we would rather save the money for an even bigger signing in the summer. We don't necessarily need to spend 40m+ on every transfer, but I can totally get it if we would rather save the money anyways since it's a long term project.

Edited by Erikse

12 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Also depends wether we feel like we can buy a cheaper option just for the rotation or if we would rather save the money for an even bigger signing in the summer. We don't necessarily need to spend 40m+ on every transfer, but I can totally get it if we would rather save the money anyways since it's a long term project.

Curious as to which player will be both worth signing and cheap mind, especially in January. Cant see us doing that at all, our squads already bloated with B list players we need rid of so adding to it is against everything we have done so far buying for rotation. Wood was an obvious difference in desparate times

23 hours ago, Bellars said:

Pope

Tripps     Lascelles     Schar     Livramento

Joelinton     Longstaff   Willock

Almiron                                      Gordon

Wilson

Bench: Dummett, Ritchie, Hall, Krafth, Manquillo, Miley

Manquillo is injured, or am I wrong?

1 hour ago, GeordieT said:

What time would we expect the team to fly down for this? Today or tomorrow?Just seen Callum Wilson in Jesmond.

when you saw Callum was he driving? Could of been on his way to the airport. Or was he in the shops/ walking the dog or something like that. Thanks. Not sure whether the players would go home then meet up to fly down or go straight from Darsley park together.

27 minutes ago, NSG said:

IMG_4724.thumb.jpeg.726200f34d1c658fc9e18ee653553c4b.jpeg

[emoji38]

If that is indeed it, he definitely wasn’t on it. But to a previous question, he was parked up. Difficult to say if he still had all of his limbs.

Edited by GeordieT

11 minutes ago, GeordieT said:

[emoji38]

If that is indeed it, he definitely wasn’t on it. But to a previous question, he was parked up. Difficult to say if he still had all of his limbs.

Geordie T On a scale of 1 - 100 how sure are you that it was Callum. Not questioning your honesty but it can be difficult to identify people. I once thought i saw Jan aage Fjortoft so I followed him turned out it was just a randon skinny tall bloke in a tracksuit but i was convinced it was him.

32 minutes ago, toontommy said:

Geordie T On a scale of 1 - 100 how sure are you that it was Callum. Not questioning your honesty but it can be difficult to identify people. I once thought i saw Jan aage Fjortoft so I followed him turned out it was just a randon skinny tall bloke in a tracksuit but i was convinced it was him.

Weird "following" someone. Stalking's a criminal offence, you kna ?