Bournemouth vs. Newcastle United: 11/11/23 @ 17:30 (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Got a strange feeling that Wilson will be fine for this. Sneaking suspicion that a certain A Isak will be on the bench too but only in case of emergency.

Pope

Tripps Jam Schar Tino

Sean

Jo Joe 

Miggy    Wilson   Gordon  

If no Wilson, Hall comes into mid as one of Gordon/Jo takes the CF mantle.

9 hours ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

Got a strange feeling that Wilson will be fine for this. Sneaking suspicion that a certain A Isak will be on the bench too but only in case of emergency.

Pope

Tripps Jam Schar Tino

Sean

Jo Joe 

Miggy    Wilson   Gordon  

If no Wilson, Hall comes into mid as one of Gordon/Jo takes the CF mantle.

Full backs the other way round and this would be the team if Callum 'play dough hammys' Wilson is fit

9 minutes ago, frankpingel said:

Lose and we'll likely drop two places going into the break. 

I'll be wounded if we don't get anything but 3 points here. Will just feel all our hard work since the international break is undone

Really not hopeful with the squad we have got available tbh

I know we turned man utd over with a 2nd string starting team but we managed to bring trippier Burn Wilson bruno all on as subs

Not likely to have one game changing sub. And out of the likely starting 11 alot of them have played a load of minutes due to the injuries

Edited by jack j

Lost to Liverpool, Spurs, Brighton, Arsenal, Everton, Wolves, Man City

Drew with: West Ham, Chelsea, Brentford

Beat: Burnley

Tbh looks like they've had a really tough start to the season, played a load of top teams. Losing 3-0 to Everton looks like the only really bad one [edit: few hidings to top teams so bad GD but that can happen]

Seems from the one article I read about them they play quite an attacking style and can be a bit open at the back.

Hope we stuff them and then they do well the rest of the season.

Edited by Checko

If we consider teams like Chelsea, Brentford, Wolves and West Ham tough fixtures, then there are only 4 teams in the entire league for them to face which would not be a "tough" fixture. Right now I think that the 4 teams i mentioned are kind of in the same bracket, meaning mid to lower mid table. Chelsea is still not looking great, and West Ham has taken 4 points in 7 games. Brentford were in bad form when they faced Bournemouth, but a draw against West Ham on the opening day was decent for them. Wolves is a strange one, because they have struggled a bit against the weaker sides, but they have done fairly well against stronger opponents. Even with our injuries, I think that we should be stronger than 7 of the teams that they have faced. Exception being Spurs, City, Arsenal and Brighton.

If we look at top 8, they have faced 5 out of 8, when in total they have faced 11 teams out of 19. It's a little bit tough, but the league is just tough in general at this point.

Edited by Erikse

Let's call a spade a spade here, they are shite and provided Wilson makes it, we've got a strong 11 on the pitch and should be beating them.

I'd go even further in saying that Livramento gives us an attacking threat from LB that Burn doesn't, so theoretically we could be BETTER in that regard.

We are missing Bruno but we were missing him against Man United and were class.

Defend properly and take our chances.

Premier league definitely feels tougher at the top and as a newly promoted team I agree most games would be seen as tough for them. That said I'd say they've played probably 7/8 sides I'd expect to finish top half in the first 11 and most of the very best teams.

Even taking that into account it's still probably not been a paticularly good start for them and I would have us as favourites still. But I think there is some reason to think things aren't quite as bad for them as they look right now.

Weren't there a couple of Bournemouth fans on here? Be good to hear their thoughts.

Just now, Checko said:

Premier league definitely feels tougher at the top and as a newly promoted team I agree most games would be seen as tough for them. That said I'd say they've played probably 7/8 sides I'd expect to finish top half in the first 11 and most of the very best teams.

Even taking that into account it's still probably not been a paticularly good start for them and I would have us as favourites still. But I think there is some reason to think things aren't quite as bad for them as they look right now.

Weren't there a couple of Bournemouth fans on here? Be good to hear their thoughts.

From what I've seen of them, they look awful. The goals they conceded against Wolves were shocking and naive. Gary O'Neil did a super job keeping them up last year. They'd be certs for relegation if it wasn't for the 3 promoted sides.

They aren't the side that came to SJP and looked well organised.

1 minute ago, STM said:

From what I've seen of them, they look awful. The goals they conceded against Wolves were shocking and naive. Gary O'Neil did a super job keeping them up last year. They'd be certs for relegation if it wasn't for the 3 promoted sides.

I also feel like they are not the same side as last season. Changing manager doesn't really seem to have done them any favours, and they rely on a good managerial fit, because their squad is not really great.

Edited by Erikse

11 minutes ago, STM said:

Fair enough, can't say I've watched them this year. Hopefully they wait till the international break to start getting their shit together.