Everton 3-0 Newcastle United (07/12/23)

Mike

1 minute ago, Holmesy said:

I totally agree with him as well, I think Hall has looked poor. But isn’t it better to risk putting him, Dummett, Krafth in and resting others for the Spurs game rather than further tiring them and risk losing both games or worse, picking up more injuries? 
It’s a weird one, I don’t want to question his judgement but it does feel like poor squad management in a period of so many games. 

From the start tonight or when we went 2 down ?

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

We were shit at Wolves for 90 minutes too. We just scored 2 goals.   Didn’t see West Ham. 

Which was our 3rd game in a week. With only a single change made in the starting 11 across all 3 games.

Results wise, Everton and Bournemouth are shite results away from home. Brighton you could argue we should be aiming for a draw at least.

We lost at home to Liverpool from a good position.

Honestly think more is being made of this 'away form' than necessary. It's not that terrible, just isn't as good as our home form.

Our away form isn't good but I don't think it's cause for major concern. It's not like we're getting tanked every time we play on the road. 

Man City: meh.

Brighton: dismal.

Milan: gruelling, stayed in it, good point. 

Sheffield United: annihilated them. 

West Ham: good fightback, good point.

Wolves: mixed bag, good point. 

Man Utd: exceptional

Dortmund: not awful, deservedly lost

Bournemouth: mitigating circumstances

Paris: exceptional

Everton: mitigating circumstances

2 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Aye. We had options against Wolves too. So far proactive subs and rotation aren’t Howe’s style If not pre planned. 

Options? Take a look at the bench. He's very proactive subs wise if we have the subs, we did all last season.

Edited by madras

Just now, madras said:

Brighton, similar to last season, the other two down to the bare bones and fucked.

Bournemouth more so, no forward or Bruno.

Dont know why you are talking about Brighton last sason. Sure did we got outplayed but we didnt collapse. If you are talking about getting outplayed you can add every away game this season bar West Ham/Sheffield U.

2 points from City, Brighton, West Ham, Wolves, Bournemouth, Everton is awful.  

Last year we got 8 points from those. 

Had less games and injuries last year.

2 minutes ago, madras said:

From the start tonight or when we went 2 down ?

From the start IMO. I know he’s not one for needlessly rotating the squad, but I think steadfastly sticking with same players game in, game out when we have such a relentless calendar could come back to bite us, and potentially did tonight. As everyone on here is at pains to point out, the players are knackered. It’s a risk to keep playing them, just as it’s a perceived risk to rotate them, but realistically which is the better option? 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Our away form isn't good but I don't think it's cause for major concern. It's not like we're getting tanked every time we play on the road. 

Man City: meh.

Brighton: dismal.

Milan: gruelling, stayed in it, good point. 

Sheffield United: annihilated them. 

West Ham: good fightback, good point.

Wolves: mixed bag, good point. 

Man Utd: exceptional

Dortmund: not awful, deservedly lost

Bournemouth: mitigating circumstances

Paris: exceptional

Everton: mitigating circumstances

West Ham 2 points dropped, should have been at least 2 clear before they equalised, after they score ld their first we dominated.

Just feels a bit like we blame almost every loss on fatigue right now. Fatigue is surely a bit of a factor, but other teams has to play a lot of games aswell.. It's not like we ever say "good game by us, but they were so tired" when we win against a team who is playing a lot of games.

Not that Everton plays a lot of games, but generally.

Edited by Erikse

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Results wise, Everton and Bournemouth are shite results away from home. Brighton you could argue we should be aiming for a draw at least.

We lost at home to Liverpool from a good position.

Honestly think more is being made of this 'away form' than necessary. It's not that terrible, just isn't as good as our home form.

More is being made of it?.... You do realise bar the bottom 3 our away from is one of the worst in the league

Wasn't able to watch the game tonight, probably a good thing on reflection.

Just seen the goals, they are bad! They are that bad that I am surprised we have conceded them, especially the 1st two being Tripps' fault - just standards you don't expect from him. I think if Pope is in goal he saves the 1st, and I'd probably argue the 3rd too.

Really poor goals to concede. 

Last year we weren't in the CL and West Ham had a heavy fixture schedule. Bournemouth were arguably weaker as were Everton.

Ideally we'd take 9 from those looking at them realistically, but with our injury situation and fixture congestion, it's not pointing towards anything other than fatigue for me.

:lol: So emotionally negative. Aye it's not a good return. We also played some of those games with a bench made up of Prostar figures and crash dummies.

Brighton were absolutely brilliant when they beat us, I honestly don't get how people don't see that. They had to play extremely fast, precise, high risk football to beat our press and they did it.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Erikse said:

Just feels a bit like we blame every loss on fatigue right now. Fatigue is surely a bit of a factor, but other teams has to play a lot of games aswell.. It's not like we ever say "good game by us, but they were so tired" when we win against a team who is playing a lot of games.

Folk didn't blame Brighton or Liverpool or Man City on fatigue.

They blamed losses vs Bournemouth and Everton, both games they pressed us after we played 3 games in a week and beyond. So that's not a fair statement