Newcastle United 1-2 AC Milan (13/12/23)

Yorkie

3 hours ago, El Prontonise said:

4 fans in front of us basically tik tokers.  One had a KSA shirt on, and we're constantly on their phones and moving out of seats all the game.

Not enough :anguish:

How these cunts getting tickets?

Sound like the same fuckers at the end of the match (who looked quite happy despite the result) trying to get Rio Ferdinands attention in a positive way

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

'Good against PSG at home' like that's not both a massive understatement and not an all-time event in Newcastle's history regardless :lol:

Yeah it was a great game. Milan and PSG didnt really threatened :lol::lol:

29 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Some wild takes here. Good against PSG home. Even match against Dortmund home. Good against Milan first half. The rest we didnt play well.

We were just as good as PSG away first half and put in an outstanding backs-to-the-wall performance second half, which was the right thing to do in the context of the group and the available personnel. No way does that go into the "didn't play well" bracket. 

Just now, Interpolic said:

We were just as good as PSG away first half and put in an outstanding backs-to-the-wall performance second half, which was the right thing to do in the context of the group and the available personnel. No way does that go into the "didn't play well" bracket. 

PSG battered us. I am not talking about what was right or not, or the penalty, or the injuries. It was still a battering, that must be allowed to say. That game was all about effort and teamwork, but it wasnt a good game in terms of play. 

9 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

PSG battered us. I am not talking about what was right or not, or the penalty, or the injuries. It was still a battering, that must be allowed to say. That game was all about effort and teamwork, but it wasnt a good game in terms of play. 

Did you watch the first half? If so I can't say I agree whatsoever. Neither did the pundits at half time who said we'd been the better side. If we dig out the stats I think they'd back that up. Stats-aside we were tidy on the ball and measured off it. We held on second half when protecting a lead and tiring, which is important context. 

3 minutes ago, Interpolic said:

Did you watch the first half? If so I can't say I agree whatsoever. Neither did the pundits at half time who said we'd been the better side. If we dig out the stats I think they'd back that up. Stats-aside we were tidy on the ball and measured off it. We held on second half when protecting a lead and tiring, which is important context. 

The first half was solid. To big chances for both. But to say PSG (and Milan) didnt really threaten is just wrong.

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

PSG at home (the match I'm talking about) they didn't threaten, no. We completely battered them from start to finish.

I was talking about the post i quoted. PSG away. He didnt say PSG or Milan away didnt really threaten.

3 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

I was talking about the post i quoted. PSG away. He didnt say PSG or Milan away didnt really threaten.

Alright, but you quoted my post that only mentioned PSG at home, not his. :lol:

PSG away we were the better team first half, should have been 2 up, second half it was backs to the wall defending and an incredible performance from Pope. They threatened, obviously, but we played well. 

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

The first half was solid. To big chances for both. But to say PSG (and Milan) didnt really threaten is just wrong.

Yeah I don't agree with the original comment that PSG didn't threaten in the away game, but you followed up saying we didn't play well that game. We did. 

psg-vs-newcastle-timeline.jpeg

psg-1-1-newcastle-timeline.jpeg

^ We were at least as good as PSG up until Isak's goal. Looked comfortable for the rest of the half too. Unsurprisingly we went more pragmatic after that. PSG didn't batter us, they tried and failed to score a goal for three quarters of the match. If we'd conceded an equaliser 2 minutes after Isak's goal then the above would have looked completely different. 

Edited by Interpolic

Yeah I don't agree with the original comment that PSG didn't threaten in the away game, but you followed up saying we didn't play well that game. We did. 

psg-vs-newcastle-timeline.jpeg

psg-1-1-newcastle-timeline.jpeg

^ We were as good as PSG up until Isak's goal. Unsurprisingly we went more pragmatic after that. PSG didn't batter us, they tried and failed to score a goal for three quarters of the match. If we'd conceded an equaliser 2 minutes after Isak's goal then the above would have looked completely different. 

Yeah I was harsh on the first half. But it was still a battering something the stats will tell. Over 30 shots and xg over 4.

4 minutes ago, nufc123 said:

Yeah I was harsh on the first half. But it was still a battering something the stats will tell. Over 30 shots and xg over 4.

Agree to disagree as suspect we're both getting bored with this, but the narrative of that game is just wrong imo. We hung on second half and they had loads of shots. Before that we did play well, after that we defended magnificently.

Edited by Interpolic

We were a hair's breath from getting to the knockout stages of the Champions League with a starting lineup containing three Rafa signings, two Bruce signings, one Carver signing, and a child.  We can point to moments we should have done better or moments we've been cheated, but we've massively overachieved.  Eddie will learn from this, we'll get more signings, and we'll come back stronger.

Agree to disagree as suspect we're both getting bored with this, but the narrative of that game is just wrong imo. We hung on second half and they had loads of shots. Before that we did play well, after that we defended magnificently.

It was a heroic effort. We played solid the first half. Second half we didnt play. Think I leave it there.

3 hours ago, nufc123 said:

Some wild takes here. Good against PSG home. Even match against Dortmund home. Good against Milan first half. The rest we didnt play well.

I haven’t said we’ve played well, we’ve played the match situations and missed the breaks. 

2 hours ago, Troll said:

We were a hair's breath from getting to the knockout stages of the Champions League with a starting lineup containing three Rafa signings, two Bruce signings, one Carver signing, and a child.  We can point to moments we should have done better or moments we've been cheated, but we've massively overachieved.  Eddie will learn from this, we'll get more signings, and we'll come back stronger.

Who did Carver sign? [emoji38]

Last 25 mins was like the old keegan games when I was growing up. One thing I’ll always take away from that approach, we don’t give a shit about the opposition and we take them on. Rather my team at least try rather than 10 men behind the ball. Proud of the team and the club, we’ll get it right soon.

1 minute ago, Ronson333 said:

Last 25 mins was like the old keegan games when I was growing up. One thing I’ll always take away from that approach, we don’t give a shit about the opposition and we take them on. Rather my team at least try rather than 10 men behind the ball. Proud of the team and the club, we’ll get it right soon.

Get where you're coming from but was bit naive on our part and wasn't the right approach given the context. Milan needed to score more than we did at that point, yet we were playing like we were losing and needed an equaliser. We could have won if we'd had a bit more nouse. Not criticism really btw I'm proud of the team and love Howe. 

Just now, WideopenMag said:

Get where you're coming from but was bit naive on our part and wasn't the right approach given the context. Milan needed to score more than we did at that point, yet we were playing like we were losing and needed an equaliser. We could have won if we'd had a bit more nouse. Not criticism really btw I'm proud of the team and love Howe. 

I’ve sat through enough coward managers that don’t for the ‘win’. Respect for Howe for at least trying.