sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

3 hours ago, brummie said:

It is absolutely ferocious by any sense of the word.

Really thoroughly intense. Only same-city derbies can be like that IMO.

You don't see this very often, for example:

We had that in the play off final with exactly over 30 year ago. Not downplaying the rivalry between your two clubs, but you're quote on only same city derbies can be like that is bollocks. The NUFC and SAFC rivalry is based on history between the two towns/cities built up since the English civil war

Edited by et tu brute

21 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Wasn’t there some stuff with exporting off the tyne too? 

With the coal transport there was. Newcastle got a block on Sunderland transporting and merchandising in coal by being awarded the sole rights by royal decree 

Edited by et tu brute

4 hours ago, Jonas said:

Enjoyed nuanced mackem touches like the booing of possession at the start for 90seconds until they realised it was going to require an hour of booing possession, cheering their next touch - a block from a Trippier cross that went out for a corner. cheering Miggy's miscontrol that lead seconds later to a good penalty call and the home matchly Sunderland til I Die exodus as the penalty was arranged.

Watched that thogden video and some of their fans chanting Sunderland till I die while walking out as the penalty was scored. The irony of them not even being Sunderland till full time 

1 hour ago, nufcjmc said:

Not sure what part you disagree with infact you yourself are saying he needs upgrading so isn't an automatic starter for that we agree.

His goal and assist record wouldn't get him into top 6 sides. Yes he brings an element of dogged determination when things are going well you love and applaud. In games when we carve out one or two clear cut chances and it falls to miggy or longstaff your heart sinks as most of the time its not going in and in tight games it costs you. 

Do I want him sold? No not unless it makes ffp sense. Do I think he tries his hardest? Yes he certainly doesn't go missing. Do I think he's played too much football? Yes but we all know why. 

Doesn't mean I allow myself too get overly carried away based on a much improved performance yesterday. Think my original point was more fact I want a certain standard if he is in the side and some of the stuff yesterday is what I expect him to do. 

Next season he is a bench player for me. 

The part I disagree with is that Miggy only had a good game because of the opposition, he's put in performances in the same vain and as effective as that against PSG, Man City and others.

As for the rest, I don't disagree and it's not a slight on Miggy. As I say I think he'd be a really effective impact sub or in rotation. As things stand even the most reliable parts of his game have suffered this season because he's played too much.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Watched that thogden video and some of their fans chanting Sunderland till I die while walking out as the penalty was scored. The irony of them not even being Sunderland till full time 

Errgh. Only thing better than a 3-0 win would have been him getting lynched by their fans, the horrible cunt.

3 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Errgh. Only thing better than a 3-0 win would have been him getting lynched by their fans, the horrible cunt.

Aye, however worth watching to see the Sunderland fans around him as each goal goes in. I’m here for all the content 

6 minutes ago, gdm said:

Was the away end as bad as being made out to be? 

Hard to say due to not being there but from what I’ve heard it was poor. It’s a shame the way our away ends have died this season, needs to be looked into. 

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

I was upper tier and it was OK

Just watching the repeat of the whole match on TV now

Up to the 19th minute and I've heard fuck all from us so far..

5 minutes ago, gdm said:

Never thought I’d see the day a derby goal was celebrated through a mobile phone. Some of the folk going to away games this season haven’t got a clue and are ruining our reputation as a great away support.

10 minutes ago, gdm said:

No. 

Wouldn’t say it was as good as Man Utd, which was somewhat of a disappointment, but it was alright.

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Never thought I’d see the day a derby goal was celebrated through a mobile phone. Some of the folk going to away games this season haven’t got a clue and are ruining our reputation as a great away support.

I said the same to the wife yesterday.  "Why do fans have their phones out"?

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

Bang on this for me. People more arsed about “being there” and “content creation” rather than actually backing the team and experiencing the game. 

When the penalty was about to be taken you could see people stood behind the goal, perhaps 5 older people in a row filming it. Put ya fucking phone away, you can watch it in HD when you get home from 5 different angles 

10 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I've just seen a lad on Facebook who has went for years posting a video of the penalty and then himself.

Would never have seen him do that years ago.

He won't be the only one either. Its a sign of the times. Even the ones who whinge on twitter all the time about the new fans have their selfie after every game

Another thing with our fans is we can't keep a song going

Remember singing the o brien song there for ages last time we were there. This time everything just dies straight out

Edited by jack j

Just now, jack j said:

I've just seen a lad on Facebook who has went for years posting a video of the penalty and then himself.

Would never have seen him do that years ago.

Another thing with our fans is we can't keep a song going

Remember singing the o brien song there for ages last time we were there. This time everything just dies straight out

I know I get society has changed but yesterday is a game when you would expect limbs for every goal. I remember the 1-4 everyone went beserk for every goal.

We’ve got the worst song book and everything literally sounds shit at the minute. Years gone by the Blaydon Races would have been reverberating around the shit hole yesterday, didn’t even get an airing yesterday, we’ve turned into a generic fan base overnight it seems.

1 hour ago, nemtizz said:

Love that!! Nice to see the other angle of Isak holding his hands to his ears after his penalty whilst jogging towards the Sunderland fans [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

I know I get society has changed but yesterday is a game when you would expect limbs for every goal. I remember the 1-4 everyone went beserk for every goal.

We’ve got the worst song book and everything literally sounds shit at the minute. Years gone by the Blaydon Races would have been reverberating around the shit hole yesterday, didn’t even get an airing yesterday, we’ve turned into a generic fan base overnight it seems.

Was singing all the auld songs in The Junction yesterday and only one or two joined in with a lot of them. They came over at full time and shook my hand and wished me a good evening simply because the rest of the abr only ever sang we hate Sunderland and the Almiron song. Cannot decide if it’s societal or just that football has become so sanitised and obsessed with social media. Who gives a shit about folks content man, just enjoy the moment.

We all take photos or short videos but I kna one thing. If we were about to be going 3 up at the Stadium of Shite I'd be ridiculing them lot not stood with me phone oot

6 minutes ago, Heron said:

Was singing all the auld songs in The Junction yesterday and only one or two joined in with a lot of them. They came over at full time and shook my hand and wished me a good evening simply because the rest of the abr only ever sang we hate Sunderland and the Almiron song. Cannot decide if it’s societal or just that football has become so sanitised and obsessed with social media. Who gives a shit about folks content man, just enjoy the moment.

We all take photos or short videos but I kna one thing. If we were about to be going 3 up at the Stadium of Shite I'd be ridiculing them lot not stood with me phone oot

I can’t get my head around when we stopped singing the Blaydon Races, it’s like the scousers not singing YNWA or Man City Blue Moon.

Surely we can’t be losing our identity already we haven’t even won owt, or become anywhere near a global club yet. 

Its fucking tragic like, could even hear the mackems giving it the old constant Haway The Lads yesterday, we can’t even muster that these days.

Edited by Whitley mag