sunderland 0-3 Newcastle United (06/01/24)

Yorkie

4 minutes ago, OpenC said:

Most of the mackems I know seem to be as much a fan of a 'meayty challenge' as of actually scoring goals or winning games, it's canny weird.

They still worship Ball and 'Catts' 

Great thing about this result is the lack of noise a mackem win would have created (and rightly so to be fair). We won 3-0, it was pretty comprehensive and it denies the media story a lot of people were desperately hoping for. The quietness is deafening. 

Edited by ExiledGeordie

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

We won five in a row in the 2000s, and I was at all of them - but it never occurred to me at the time that we had, and we didn’t create a culture around it.  It was only later with the ‘six in a row’ shite that I went back to look.  They’re absolutely small time. 

Same, I don’t recall ever being aware of that fact. 

Edited by Superior Acuña

Just now, Superior Acuña said:

Same, and I don’t recall ever being aware of that fact. 

It’s such a peculiar thing anyway, the notion of ‘in a row’ for non-consecutive matches.  Do any other group of supporters go on about these sort of things?  They make up their own achievements and then parade them round as if everyone else should accept that it’s a thing.  

Biggest shock from yesterday's match, apart from Chris Waddle's bogey nails, was finding out that Wincie fella is actually that kids Dad 😳

I thought he was his Grandad. The pissed up cunt. 

Reflecting back after sleeping like a baby after such an easy win, it’s just funny how weak and feeble the mackems are as a club. The biggest straw they’ve always clutched at is how we’ve sold our soul and they haven’t. I’d argue they have of the events of the last week.

It’s been great having the derby back but hopefully it shows that the gap is even bigger than when KK was taking us to 2nd and they were in the division below.

1 hour ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Great thing about this result is the lack of noise a mackem win would have created (and rightly so to be fair). We won 3-0, it was pretty comprehensive and it denies the media story a lot of people were desperately hoping for. The quietness is deafening. 

I'd say your emphatically correct on that one. 

Match of the day was an embarrassment, the fact that the biggest derby in the UK is surprisingly relegated to 9th or 10th match shown

It's excruciating enough that it was presented by Jermaine Jenas, who has the ability to rewrite history with his inaccurate ramblings about our great club 

It has probably been answered already but why the hell were they chanting pedo at Trippier? 

The irony of it 🤣🤣 

Edited by CPL

I felt more relief than enjoyment during the game yesterday, we have had a bad habit over the years of losing these silly ties and a defeat yesterday would've been a major set-back after all the positive progress made in recent period, however from the kick off it was clearly men against boys and that on its own shows that we have made considerable progress from the past.

This game also finally puts an end to the Mackam's delusion, watching our games in the Champions League and the Premier League and thinking they could do a job there, they are far off from our lowest standard and we are a superior club in every aspect, wither its how the club is run which  showed in the impeccable arrangements that they've made for this game and for the fans attending it, or in the coaching and playing staff who even at their worst we at least as twice as good as they are, so i hope this defeat humbles them a bit and they can focus on their own team rather than looking at us.

34 minutes ago, Pancrate1892 said:

I'd say your emphatically correct on that one. 

Match of the day was an embarrassment, the fact that the biggest derby in the UK is surprisingly relegated to 9th or 10th match shown

It's excruciating enough that it was presented by Jermaine Jenas, who has the ability to rewrite history with his inaccurate ramblings about our great club 

I genuinely watched a YouTube thing over Xmas detailing largest 20 derbys in UK and this wasn’t mentioned.

7 hours ago, Stottie said:

I hope NUFC TV can put up highlights with a Razor and Ando commentary. The rights people didn't let them for the Carabao.

Ando was on bbc radio Newcastle. Not commentating but making comment at half time etc so dunno if he’d have been doing commentary. Razor wasn’t on it

Just now, gdm said:

Ando was on bbc radio Newcastle. Not commentating but making comment at half time etc so dunno if he’d have been doing commentary. Razor wasn’t on it

Maybe they just used Gary Bennett and Nick Barnes. Either way, the commentary highlights will be replayed on Total Sport Monday. 

34 minutes ago, OpenC said:

:lol: there's been some top class trolling from the club like

Unfortunately Sunderland did it first in a pre match email. Makes it even funnier after the event right enough 

3 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

😂 Hadn’t seen it. Good stuff; but they are not having it that Howay is one (albeit truncated) word. Last four paragraphs: HWTL

Howay Way The Lads!

9 hours ago, Wolfcastle said:

There was only 6,000 more there today than when the place looks half empty. Officially.

Could do with a photo of each side by side to show how utterly ridiculous their attendances actually look

29 minutes ago, Gawalls said:

I genuinely watched a YouTube thing over Xmas detailing largest 20 derbys in UK and this wasn’t mentioned.

That’s daft tbf - it definitely is one of them.  In terms of ferocity it’ll be comfortably top five. 

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

That’s daft tbf - it definitely is one of them.  In terms of ferocity it’ll be comfortably top five. 

Take the obvious big three and north London out and despite the lack of them in ten years struggle to see any bigger to be honest. 

39 minutes ago, gdm said:

Was he not?

He was at the match cos I saw him standing about outside the ground on the way in.