Aston Villa 1-3 Newcastle United (30/01/24) | Reaction: pg 50 | Goal-posts: OP

Disco

3 minutes ago, Joe1984 said:

They played some decent stuff. Unlike us they didn't take their chances.

They were shite man. They didn't have "chances". [emoji38]

Going to be a very tough 2nd half. They've got 3 players they can bring on and change the game up (Bailey, Ramsey, Zaniolo).

We've got Tino and that's about it really. Maybe Hall at a push. Same problem as with the Man City game. 

Just now, Mazzy said:

Going to be a very tough 2nd half. They've got 3 players they can bring on and change the game up (Bailey, Ramsey, Zaniolo).

We've got Tino and that's about it really. Maybe Hall at a push. Same problem as with the Man City game. 

Aye, although we shouldn’t be as fatigued as in the Man City game.

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

Could easily be 0-3 or 0-4 but whatever you do dont change and look at the objective or positive point of view.

You just ignoring the 2nd line where I say it's excellent getting into HT 2 up ? :lol:

1 minute ago, mofo said:

Would love to get a win here just for the negative Nancy's.... 

Even a win is a loss if Howe doesn't make the right subs and it dawns on us all he'll never make the next level. 

Just now, Willow said:

WTFuuuuu just checked the score as I've been busy....a Fabian brace away to Villa?!?

Lorda mercy!

Wait till you see the Luton v Brighton score.

2 minutes ago, ATB said:

Howe need to manage this better. Especially if you know he really cant play 90 min over a longer period.

Agreed, he needs to be playing *checks notes*

Nope actually, sorry, it turns out Howe has no other options available to him right now. Howe out.

Need to stay positive, at least for the first 30-35 minutes.

Keep Miggy and Murphy high and wide and stretch them. Make them worry about the counter

6 minutes ago, sempuki said:

No defending from the off please in the 2nd half. Need to keep up what we've been doing. Been such an encouraging performance until Isak got crocked again.

I thought we played quite smart in the 1st half anyway, it's not like we were bombing forward, we sat in and then passed it through their press. No reason we can't do that again in the second half.

Hope we see this through just to serve a reminder how good a side we are when our players aren't playing on fumes. The way we've pulled Villa around to create space has been superb. Should've scored earlier.

Just now, STM said:

I don't think the front 3 look right mind.

Stick Murphy down the middle and Gordon left, Miggy right.

Hard disagree on this. Playing Almiron and Murphy on their strong footed side will help Gordon massively. 

1 minute ago, Aiston said:

You just ignoring the 2nd line where I say it's excellent getting into HT 2 up ? :lol:

We dominated that half - stats prove it, having eyes and a basic understanding of football confirm it. No wonder you think everything is shit forever if you thought that was a close half. 

Just now, mush said:

Need to stay positive, at least for the first 30-35 minutes.

Keep Miggy and Murphy high and wide and stretch them. Make them worry about the counter

I can hear his pencil scratching across  the pad as I type. 

Just now, Shearergol said:

Agreed, he needs to be playing *checks notes*

Nope actually, sorry, it turns out Howe has no other options available to him right now. Howe out.

For 15 min he could haved played some kid. Or put Gordon There and play someone else att Gordons place. Theres a lot you can do.

1 minute ago, STM said:

Howe has pulled a masterstroke first half, from a tactical perspective.

Yep, Emery’s no slouch and Howe’s tactics first half were spot-on.  Emery will no doubt have spotted problems and change things - and Howe will be anticipating that.

Love watching matches with two proper football coaches