Sporting Director / Director of Football

r0cafella

1 minute ago, Jack27 said:

[emoji38] and we don’t want that at Newcastle, why?

Because at this stage in the project we can’t afford it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

We need to be targeting the best untapped potential, rather than buying already proven talent.

Just now, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

Because at this stage in the project we can’t afford it 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

We need to be targeting the best untapped potential, rather than buying already proven talent.

I reckon the Sporting Director at the best club in the world at sourcing talent would have a few connections that he can take to a new club to elevate them to the very top

Just now, Skeletor said:

Problem is, its easy to look at Ashworth at Brighton, Pedro Braz at Benfica and say "They sell players for huge fees and another just comes along to replace them". That's the whole club structure at the end of the day. We're only getting one moving part of that.

It’s the finding exciting young players for relatively cheap prices im hoping for. All 3 linked have a reputation for it.

Just now, Jack27 said:

I reckon the Sporting Director at the best club in the world at sourcing talent would have a few connections that he can take to a new club to elevate them to the very top

Again as everyone pointed out when the media claimed Dan Ashworth was responsible for Brighton's recruitment after the Man Utd rumours started. A director of football doesn’t necessarily have any input into player identification. They’re likely involved in negotiation, but they’re not scouts ffs

Again as everyone pointed out when the media claimed Dan Ashworth was responsible for Brighton's recruitment after the Man Utd rumours started. A director of football doesn’t necessarily have any input into player identification. They’re likely involved in negotiation, but they’re not scouts ffs

Some of them are in fairness, Mitchell linked here is known for it, Monchi at villa another. Campos at PSG as well is probably the best at it.

I’m not trying to claim he would be involved in player identification, I’m saying he would potentially bring the connections that do so. 

It’s all moot because it’s unlikely to happen but if the club want to be the very best, why not hire the very best if you have the chance to do so?

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Some of them are in fairness, Mitchell linked here is known for it, Monchi at villa another. Campos at PSG as well is probably the best at it.

Villa have been copying our homework for a few years now.

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

Because we can’t. We need someone who can buy cheap, sell high.

What if we don’t want to be that club? Our fans aren’t exactly keen on selling our best players…

2 hours ago, Jack27 said:

What if we don’t want to be that club? Our fans aren’t exactly keen on selling our best players…

Doesn’t matter if they want it or not.  FFP pushes us into that position. 

22 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Doesn’t matter if they want it or not.  FFP pushes us into that position. 

Not happening.  We are NOT selling our best players.  Stop scaremongering and get real.  We are definitely not the club that sell their best players.  This is a new era and you need to get on board or keep continuously think the worst and torture yourself.  Sort yourself out.

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

Not happening.  We are NOT selling our best players.  Stop scaremongering and get real.  We are definitely not the club that sell their best players.  This is a new era and you need to get on board or keep continuously think the worst and torture yourself.  Sort yourself out.

I didn’t say selling our best players.  I was talking about buying young players at reasonable prices with a view to making a profit on them.

I don’t think we’re about to sell Isak.  I could easily see us sell Minteh if someone bids £20m.

This is no different from what Man City and Chelsea do already. 

3 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

I didn’t say selling our best players.  I was talking about buying young players at reasonable prices with a view to making a profit on them.

I don’t think we’re about to sell Isak.  I could easily see us sell Minteh if someone bids £20m.

This is no different from what Man City and Chelsea do already. 

I can't be bothered to look at the past posts but you have hinted at us selling Bruno and/or Isack a load of times.  This is not happening.  I know you get yourself all wound up about FFP/Sustainability but we have a mountain of accountants and lawyers to absolutely blow Masters and his followers out the water.  Get behind this team and stop moaning or expecting the worst.  We are on the move!

1 hour ago, Rod said:

I can't be bothered to look at the past posts but you have hinted at us selling Bruno and/or Isack a load of times.  This is not happening.  I know you get yourself all wound up about FFP/Sustainability but we have a mountain of accountants and lawyers to absolutely blow Masters and his followers out the water.  Get behind this team and stop moaning or expecting the worst.  We are on the move!

I could see Bruno going if the right money came in.  I don’t think Isak’s going anywhere.  Every player has a price.

Complaining about FFP has nowt to do with supporting the club tbf Rod.  Masters and the PL have boxed us in and I’ve seen nothing at all about an army of lawyers to date - we’ve basically ticked off every regulation which boxes us in. 

Just now, 54 said:

Where's the Twitter bullshit thread? :lol:

They are doing it in response to an Arsenal account asking who their fans would prefer out of Isak or Bruno.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

They are doing it in response to an Arsenal account asking who their fans would prefer out of Isak or Bruno.

That makes sense :lol: