FA Cup Quarter-Final Draw - Manchester City (a) - Live on BBC One

1 hour ago, Anderson said:

:lol: Let’s just leave the FA Cup as it is, ta.

Yep.  They’ve meddled enough with the removal of replays etc.  I’d still have multi-replay epics if I had it my way :)

The notion of seeding or rotating home rounds can get knotted

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Last train out of Manchester is at 21:45 on the Saturday so I’m going for an 8pm kick off.

Got to look to fuck us over in every way possible.

Nowt stopping them having it 7.30pm the Sunday like, be no direct trains at all. Assuming Monday is banned for the international games.

3 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Nowt stopping them having it 7.30pm the Sunday like, be no direct trains at all. Assuming Monday is banned for the international games.

Don’t think Greater Manchester Police would fancy Man Utd playing Liverpool and Man City playing Newcastle all on the same day tbh

Is there any way to put yourself into a coma for 5/6 months? I'd like to just skip the rest of this season, I can see something else bad happening, I feel it.

18 minutes ago, SteV said:

Don’t think Greater Manchester Police would fancy Man Utd playing Liverpool and Man City playing Newcastle all on the same day tbh

Just seen the Europa bit, aye definitely not

12 hours ago, Beth said:

Absolutely ridiculous they did that. Southampton had literally zero incentive to beat Liverpool knowing probably a trip to Man U was their reward.

I don't think that's how this works :lol:

Aye let’s just keep things “as is” and just accept it because that’s what we’re told to do. Give over. Please accept that Liverpool or City or etc will always win the cups then. 

2 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

The genuine belief that the FA Cup draw is rigged is proper tin foil hat stuff mind lads.  It obviously isn’t 

Aye it's just shambolic luck. 

Apart from when they fucked up alphabetical order giving us Man Utd away (which we won anyway).

37 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Aye let’s just keep things “as is” and just accept it because that’s what we’re told to do. Give over. Please accept that Liverpool or City or etc will always win the cups then. 

Hang on, was that in response to me? I'm a bit confused.

1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

Hang on, was that in response to me? I'm a bit confused.

nah. Just find it funny everyone hates every draw and then when someone brings up something about potential changes it’s just a nah, leave it the same. So that means we’re gonna spend the rest of eternity just bitching about something that just seems shite. “Just bad luck” doesn’t feel right to me. We’ve had the highest number of away draws this season in these domestic cups so it makes it harder for us. Is there not some way to pause and come up with a solution? Replays? Or a special bucket for teams that successfully make it through a few away ties get the benefit of a home match as reward. 

We’ve missed out on home match revenue. The local economy misses out on match day revenues. A small subset of fans who always go to away matches get to go to away matches. Our players have to travel more again. Etc etc. 

How about all premier league teams that are drawn against each other, in whatever round, have to split the match day revenue (ticket sales) for that game only.  Lower leagues get the benefit of all the revenue, for obvious reasons, if it is a home game for them. 

3 hours ago, Kanji said:

nah. Just find it funny everyone hates every draw and then when someone brings up something about potential changes it’s just a nah, leave it the same. So that means we’re gonna spend the rest of eternity just bitching about something that just seems shite. “Just bad luck” doesn’t feel right to me. We’ve had the highest number of away draws this season in these domestic cups so it makes it harder for us. Is there not some way to pause and come up with a solution? Replays? Or a special bucket for teams that successfully make it through a few away ties get the benefit of a home match as reward. 

We’ve missed out on home match revenue. The local economy misses out on match day revenues. A small subset of fans who always go to away matches get to go to away matches. Our players have to travel more again. Etc etc. 

It's because (a) not everyone hates every draw, it's just that you've had a few away ones in a row which is weird (b) most people accept that it's just random chance, and that's fine.

Just take your last few FA Cup draws. Before this season you were knocked out in the 3rd round three times in a row. Away to Sheffield Wednesday, then home to Cambridge, then away to Arsenal. In 2020 it was Home, Home, Away, Home. 2019 - Home, Home. 2018 Home, Away. What a suspicious number of home draws? Nah. Just chance.

People are just venting because it's annoying, but adult enough to realize that it's not a conspiracy.

IT IS JUST BAD LUCK.

It's weird but reading the Athletic headlines today that we are wobbling our way to the FA Cup and I forgot we are still in it. :lol:

Obviously the headline was written before the draw was made last night, but it did sort of feel like we'd already been knocked out.

24 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

It's because (a) not everyone hates every draw, it's just that you've had a few away ones in a row which is weird (b) most people accept that it's just random chance, and that's fine.

Just take your last few FA Cup draws. Before this season you were knocked out in the 3rd round three times in a row. Away to Sheffield Wednesday, then home to Cambridge, then away to Arsenal. In 2020 it was Home, Home, Away, Home. 2019 - Home, Home. 2018 Home, Away. What a suspicious number of home draws? Nah. Just chance.

People are just venting because it's annoying, but adult enough to realize that it's not a conspiracy.

IT IS JUST BAD LUCK.

I dont think it's a conspiracy. And its really hard to look at anything we did pre-takeover because the club didn't give a single flying fuck about competing in anything else and barely existed to exist. 

18 hours ago, Beth said:

Absolutely ridiculous they did that. Southampton had literally zero incentive to beat Liverpool knowing probably a trip to Man U was their reward.

Why would anyone fear Man Utd at the moment?

4 hours ago, Kanji said:

It’s a 152 year old competition, it works and has always worked.  Home ties aren’t ‘rewards’.  This is the motherlode of shite ideas.  Leave it alone.  

58 minutes ago, Kanji said:

I dont think it's a conspiracy. And its really hard to look at anything we did pre-takeover because the club didn't give a single flying fuck about competing in anything else and barely existed to exist. 

I get it :lol:. I just don’t know how else to respond to ‘”Just bad luck” doesn’t feel right to me’.